Michonne's Pets.

- - - - - Michonne after walker pets

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

who knows?  Walker behavior is erratic.

One picked up a brick and broke the glass in Atlanta.

One would return to her house and try to open the door every night.

One left a herd to enter a disabled camper and have a look around

probably other's I forgot.

Teddy Bear walker in the opening of the series premier, and Sophia covering her eyes when she exits the barn and the sun hits her. Personally... I wouldn't mind seeing a 1 in 10,000 walker that could pathfind. Imagine the horror on our heroes' faces when they stand on one edge of a pit and watch Walkers walk right over the edge, only to see one stop, stare down the ravine and look left and right and see a bridge and head to it, only to have the mindless walkers follow their primitive herd instincts and follow him.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

I liked how it depicted her reverting back to her old defense mechanism, but yeah, I don't see them working THAT good in a herd that size. 

She would definitely have to keep them a lot closer to her, almost touching so that the stench will mask her aliveness. 

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

jaco

jaco

Roamer

• Members

Yeah, it makes no sense.  Walkers are drawn by sound, smell, sight...It's primal instinct they want to eat something alive.    Why would being near a neutered walker affect that?    They've used the camouflage argument in the past, but there's no logic to it.  At least, not like smearing oneself with dead guts, etc.  

And if it did work, then everybody should have one.  And the prison should've had them tethered to the prison walls and gates to keep others away.   All I ask for is a little consistency...ha...

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Yeah, it makes no sense.  Walkers are drawn by sound, smell, sight...It's primal instinct they want to eat something alive.    Why would being near a neutered walker affect that?    They've used the camouflage argument in the past, but there's no logic to it.  At least, not like smearing oneself with dead guts, etc.  

And if it did work, then everybody should have one.  And the prison should've had them tethered to the prison walls and gates to keep others away.   All I ask for is a little consistency...ha...

It's been said that Michonne had a walker blood smeared cloak in the comic. So between that and her pets that WOULD work. She smells right AND Herd Mentality could be that :These guys thinks she's cool so she must be: This one.. was kinda lame. You think they'ld be pressing their jawless bodies to her. Also using them to drive off walkers wouldn't work. Tether walkers somewhere, and you would just attract more there.

I wonder what would happen if you doused a walker with fresh blood then shoved him in a herd.

Cammi

Cammi

S-mart Employee

• Members

I also find this hard to rationalize.  I go with it, because it's a show, and we have to give them some slack, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

I never understood why the two de-armed, de-jawed "pets" wouldn't try to attack her, even though their attacks would always fail.  I thought walkers were pure instinct, no thought.

On the other hand, playing devil's advocate for a moment:  they do have herding instincts, so maybe once you're in a herd, that instinct prevails.  What I mean is, if she suddenly tried to run for it, they'd all start chasing her, much like the moment she decided to hack away, the jig was up and they all started to close in on her.

It does make me wonder...

I agree with the herd tendency.  Maybe once more than one walker get together, one simply does what the other one does.  They have been proven to be a bit on the "stupid" side, so it would make sense to believe that if there's "food" nearby and nobody else is attacking, that it may not simply be food.  I've noticed that the pattern is that if there's more than one zombie around, they all do the same thing (unless I've missed something).

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

I agree with the herd tendency.  Maybe once more than one walker get together, one simply does what the other one does.  They have been proven to be a bit on the "stupid" side, so it would make sense to believe that if there's "food" nearby and nobody else is attacking, that it may not simply be food.  I've noticed that the pattern is that if there's more than one zombie around, they all do the same thing (unless I've missed something).

See, to me, this would make them more intelligent than if they just blindly attacked whatever looks like it could be food. It implies walkers are able to use reason and logic, to an extent.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

See, to me, this would make them more intelligent than if they just blindly attacked whatever looks like it could be food. It implies walkers are able to use reason and logic, to an extent.

No.. pre programmed instincts. Driver Ants follow the one ahead of them. If they sense something edible they swarm and attack it. They build living 'shelters' by clinging to each other. They have MASSIAVE herding instincts. Gather a few hundred thousand or a million together, and they become an apex predator that causes everything in their path to flee. Even human beings give them respect and distance (Every year there's always one poor drunk or sick bastard that gets swarmed by them) take a few dozen and drop them on the ground, they will circle around until they drop dead of starvation. I've always wondered if you could to a 'reverse Michonne' get a bucket of fresh blood and splash a Walker with it. Will the rest swarm them? I mean don't they get fresh blood on themselves all the time? They must, yet no walker EVER seems to mistake one covered in a fresh meal for a fresh meal themselves.

So the internal checklist could be: Does it smell like food? Yes. Do the other 'me' attack it? No. Do I eat? No. Insects and other instinct driven animals seem to go through this sort of thing.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!