All Out War - Part One (Volume 20) Review

- - - - - review

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

You all know the saying " opinions are like assholes, we all have one and they all stink" rite! but it does seem like a lot of people on R&L are drinking a lot of hateraid more so recently the not. Why? I dont know, people are just funny that way. Eith they truly hate something and want nothing to do with, or the deal with something just so they can hate on it. I've guilty of both styles of hate/haterisoms. An example: i hate organized religion, so i stay far far away from it. I want nothing to do With it. And an other example is the show homeland. I only started to watch it, after it won an Emmy for S1 and beat out BrBa. I just had to see this show for my self. So i peeped out S1 in Netflix. Their were things i enjoyed about, but over all, it left a bad taste in my mouth. But sure as shit, S2 starts up, and there i am watching every episode the night it airs. While the whole time im watching it, im bitching and moaning about every thing in the stupid show. It wasn't until my mate pointed it out to me, (as she loves to do) that i realized she was rite, i was hate watching the show. I hated every thing about that show and its 2nd season. I figured out that i was watching it, just so i could argue a point about how awful i thought the show was, when i heard anyone praising it. I realized, nobody really gave two shits about my opinion, and what i thought about it. Cause they had their opinions about that show, and i didnt give two shits what they though about it. After a while, i realized, i wasted a lot of time and energy into and got a lot frustration out of it... Once i noticed i was just being a hater on the show, i stop wasting my time witg it... Im very happy to say,that i know nothing about its 3rd season, and could give a shit less about seening it. Im guessing, that people who hate TWD, have nothing to do with the show/comic/games or anything else with TWD, attached to it. Then there seems to be the haters of one form of TWD and not the others, ie: the show or the comic (this form of hate is the most i see, especially on R&L). For what ever reasons, it seems that nowadays, there seems to be alot of hate watchers/reads on this forum, just love to hate in the show or comic, just to hear them self hating, cause that what gets then off. Hates are gunna hate, cause that what they do best, bitch, moan and complane. This isn't Burger King, you're not going to have it your way. There is no way of pleasing ever one. So fuck them and take TWD, as it is. As far as what i think about AOW p1, i think it was the tits, mostly because i enjoy the comic. Plane and simple. I didn't go into AOW, with expectation of this or that, mostly cause ive got no say in what happens and im just here to enjoy it. I love whats going on in it, and im loving the by weekly time frame. im excited for p2, and what comes after. but come on these forums bitch about this and that, and that your criticism has the right to be heard, is fucking pointless. Write to kirkman himself if you feel so passionate hating on/about it. But he will be the first one to tell you he doesn't give two fucks what you have to say or think . Im enjoying AOW just as much as i have any of part of the comic. because i haven't been reading the comic since oct 2003, (since issue 1) like other "CLAIM" they have been ( cough* bullshit* cough ) i normal judge an arc once its run its course. AOW, is 12 issues, so to judge it at the middle of the arc sounds reDICKuless to me. I dont care how this arc is being broken up into 2 parts for the tpb book, cause i don't read those one. I guess what im saying is, i'll wait until all 12 issues are out, before give anyone my two cents about AOW.... Good night, roamer, haters and lurkers!

Ok

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
Paragraph breaks are your friend.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I am the one who "claims" to have been reading since 2003..............and i have its not bullshit thank you very much.

Do not know how to prove this but I have been reading monthly comics since i was 10 years old and have never stopped.(that is over 28 years of comic reading)

It might have been a few months after the first issue was released but i sure started the first year The Walking Dead came out and i remember it being such a fresh book compared to the other superhero bullshit that was out at the time.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Keepin' it real, Pork.

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ

The lack of use of the button ''Enter'' in that post makes my eyes water.

Man.....no offense, but that is hard as fuck to read.

Non offence taken, sir. Sorry to every one else as well. Used my phn, currently to post until i get internet in my new place... Didnt even realize it would come out so messy. Smartphone and fat thumbs dont mix well, ya know

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ

I am the one who "claims" to have been reading since 2003..............and i have its not bullshit thank you very much.

Do not know how to prove this but I have been reading monthly comics since i was 10 years old and have never stopped.(that is over 28 years of comic reading)

It might have been a few months after the first issue was released but i sure started the first year The Walking Dead came out and i remember it being such a fresh book compared to the other superhero bullshit that was out at the time.

PT, i wasn't necessarily talking about you, there are tons of people on here, that claim that... more so, like you stated idk really how anyone can prove or un prove how long they have been reading the walking dead. but i have a feeling that out of all of them that claim it, only 10% are telling the truth... anyhow, again SORRY TO EVERYONE ABOUT HOW MESSY THAT POST CAME OUT...

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

PT, i wasn't necessarily talking about you, there are tons of people on here, that claim that... more so, like you stated idk really how anyone can prove or un prove how long they have been reading the walking dead. but i have a feeling that out of all of them that claim it, only 10% are telling the truth... anyhow, again SORRY TO EVERYONE ABOUT HOW MESSY THAT POST CAME OUT...

No worries man i thought you might have meant me because i just posted something about that in this thread.

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members
No idea what the thread is about (it doesn't seem to be about reviewing V20), but all I know is that since I started reading this forum (around issue #82, I think), Porkwhatever complaints about anything on the book and calls Kirkman a troll any chance he gets. But I don't know him anyway, so who cares.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Yes i am a total troll....................and i complain about everything.

Like your post Samus88 it sucks and Kirkman is a troll.

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
As all beginning of arc's, the first couple issuse are builders/filler issues to get the story moving to the rite speed.

I think that the same can be said with AOW arc. The fact that its 12 issues, and broke up with for the paperbacks as part 1 and part 2. That shows us that part of the first half was gunna build to battles of the groups.

I agree with most of you here, that ever since the something to feat arc, it felt like we have been building towards this war. But i guess we shouldn't have been expecting bullets and death at the opening panels of 115. I think its hard to really judge part 1 until we have the whole story... Anyhow, im very excited for the last parts of aow, and what this really means for the walking dead

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

Nick_FM

Nick_FM

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationU.S.A.
Criticism is not the same as hate. If PorkTornado didn't like TWD anymore he wouldn't be here now would he? I agree that some of the writing in AOW has been sloppy and confusing, but overall I'm really enjoying it. Every time a new issue comes out I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!