Issue 120 Review

- - - - - Denise Cloyd The Walking Dead Negan Rick Grenades Fire

Zombilicious

Zombilicious

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Zombieland, USA
No more free passes for Rick. Alexandria is in flames and mission is not accomplished. Lol

daltonwb25

daltonwb25

S-mart Employee

• Members

Sorry Gracie i do not have feelings for the locations in the comic...........and do we know that ASZ is gone for good ?

Half way through i thought we would have at least one major character gone , I guess i let the whole "war" thing get me over hyped because IMO so far this has not been a war more like some minor fighting.

Can we consider Shiva a major character? Lol

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

And before anyone asks, no, I didn't write that wedding letter.

Well if you didn't, you should. Actually never mind, because if Kirkman does another wedding someone will probably die.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Menstrual Cup Girl might be my new super hero name.

No, it's Leela Ice-butt.

You cant just go around and change your superhero name like that, LI.

Hahahaha

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Basically, Kirkman can do whatever he wants with the story as long as I approve of the story and my favorite characters never die.

Pretty much this.

If Kirkman listened to people complaining not enough death, there'd be no one left!

Do you forget that this series is going to last at the MINIMUM 300 issues?

We are only 1/3 of the way through and ALREADY we only have 4-5 original long-lasting characters left and people are complaining about them NOT being killed off?

Call me crazy but I hope to see some of the original characters for 100s of issues to come. If we kill off all the major characters in the first half of the series, what's the point? I want to be rooting for these characters throughout the entire series.

Do people not remember that 2 of the biggest characters of the series (ABRAHAM AND GLENN) have already been killed off because of this Negan arc? Others like Holly, Eric, Spencer, and Denise have bitten the dust as well. It's not like everyone's surviving everything.

Agreed. I don't see why people are so bloodthirsty for Rick, Michonne, Andrea and Carls deaths. I'd like to see most of them survive to the end. I think we need someone to root for. If it becomes a whole new cast of underdeveloped and otherwise unrecognizable characters then Kirkman might as well just start a new comic called The Walking Dead: Lite. Lower calories. Lower awesome.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Look at the panel with Rick cradling Carl. He's burnt. Why are people saying he's okay?

Towards the end carl says....i'm not burnt, it knocked me down.....unless he can't feel it....but I'm sure he would feel it by the time they got to the Doctor.

esenpi

esenpi

Infected

• Members
My predictions :

-Shiva will come back and kill Michonne.
-Heath will die from blood loss, because Rick agreed that Negan took their precious medicines, Denise wont suceed in saving him. The couple will die together for a really sad panel.
-Jesus will die in a ridiculous way. Hes too good of a ninja to die like one.

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
Although it wasn't a bad issue, I'm a little underwhelmed by it; I was expecting to finally get a real battle, and see a few minor characters bite it. For it being halfway through AOW already, it seems like very little has actually happened so far.

Still, the issue did have a lot of good parts; it was nice to see Dwight finally help out, and Negan's line about wrapping his dick in barbed wire and calling it Lucille II has to be one of his best yet. I also totally did not see Heath's leg being blown off coming.

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
You my boy Dwight! Hell yeah!!!

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England
Amazing moment, I really like Dwight these days. Its weird how you can switch, when he killed Dwight I hated him now I love him. When Negan killed Glenn I hated him now hes my favourite character

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
I think Dwight shot those bullet holes at the end

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

Amazing moment, I really like Dwight these days. Its weird how you can switch, when he killed Dwight I hated him now I love him. When Negan killed Glenn I hated him now hes my favourite character

Yeah, when he killed Abraham that was rough. Once we learn about how he got his scar I was all about Dwight. Good/bad...whatever, he is a cool character! He is for sure my favorite character at the moment.

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

I think Dwight shot those bullet holes at the end

Bullet holes at the end? Did I miss something?

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
That was Maggie and the hilltop peeps wasn't it?

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
Their van ran out of gas and the lackies said there's bullet holes in it, it must have been shot why Dwight has his back turns facing us with a condasending smile

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Yeah I think it was the Hilltop crew and a straybullet hit the gas tank in the BUSTA MOVE truck.

Could have been Dwight though? I'm down for more Dwight-otage.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
Too be honest its what annoys me about Kirkman, Dwight and Negan are proof of what development he is capable of if he just puts the time in. If he had put that kind of character development into the ASZ survivors over the last few years we might care about more than a handful of them going into this war. I mean it doesn't actually take a great deal to get you on side with a character. I really started loving Aaron, Heath and Denise mainly in the last few issues because he put a bit of work in.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
I hadn't considered that, I just assumed it was stray hilltop bullets a they made their escape. Not sure how Dwight could have done that unseen but I suppose it could be Dwight sabotage

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
Maybe before he got in he punctured it?

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

So what the hell is up with Rick? what was this fainting all about?

and fucking heath...still in shock about that...i guess thats what he gets though for being compassionate to Aaron.

He pregnant.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
With what? a knife? im not very mechanical, I don't drive, so I don't know how easy it would be to puncture the petrol tank other than a gunshot

therookie

therookie

Infected

• Members
I've been reading on here for a little while now and finally decided to make an account so here goes my first post!

I thought the issue was good! This is what I imagined AOW being like except for the fact that there were no deaths really, just unnamed Saviors (lol at the boner guy btw) and I'm guessing some Alexandria redshirts were in the burning houses. The action was good, the Denise/Heath thing was great. The only problem I would say I had was the fact that we don't really know where everyone is exactly. Like where was Olivia running? Where has Nicholas been this entire time, has he even been shown in AOW? Where was Aaron this issue? Same with Rosita? But overall I liked it.

One last thing......this issue kinda threw me off as far as future covers go.... now we know that the Heath cover of 122 won't happen. He damn sure won't be standing and I doubt that in two issues he'll be rested enough to be back in action with a gun. And issue 123, what up with that?! Dwight is clearly on Rick/Jesus' side, unless something happens that makes him pissed at Rick in the meantime. I can't wait for AOW part II! At this point I can't imagine what the big thing KIrkman has planned for 125 will be :smiley-confused002:

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413

I've been reading on here for a little while now and finally decided to make an account so here goes my first post!

I thought the issue was good! This is what I imagined AOW being like except for the fact that there were no deaths really, just unnamed Saviors (lol at the boner guy btw) and I'm guessing some Alexandria redshirts were in the burning houses. The action was good, the Denise/Heath thing was great. The only problem I would say I had was the fact that we don't really know where everyone is exactly. Like where was Olivia running? Where has Nicholas been this entire time, has he even been shown in AOW? Where was Aaron this issue? Same with Rosita? But overall I liked it.

One last thing......this issue kinda threw me off as far as future covers go.... now we know that the Heath cover of 122 won't happen. He damn sure won't be standing and I doubt that in two issues he'll be rested enough to be back in action with a gun. And issue 123, what up with that?! Dwight is clearly on Rick/Jesus' side, unless something happens that makes him pissed at Rick in the meantime. I can't wait for AOW part II! At this point I can't imagine what the big thing KIrkman has planned for 125 will be :smiley-confused002:

negan could be telling him to aim at rick and he does than attempts to kill negan

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫
I liked how Dwight had the time to strike a cool pose instantly after getting hit by the blast.

Because that is not the pose you strike if you are using eyedrops. (because the pose you strike then consists of only looking up and let the drops hit you in the eye. Not very sexy or cool.)

That's the pose you strike when you are a sexy fucker with a hamburger face.

Mmmmhmm, work that Bacon Habanero Ranch Quarter Pounder. Work it, Dwight.

MMMMMmmmmhhMMMMMM. *bites lip*

Oh....sorry, i got lost in his eye(s).

And i like Dwight firstly because of his design. His whole character is nice, but it's his design that makes me enjoy everytime he has panel time. He just looks so damn cool.

I have an thing for the hamburger faces.

It's why i like Jonah Hex. (who i'm pretty confident to say Dwight is partially based on, in more than appearance.)

Because look at the fucker's.

Spoiler

Then there's the whole marking thing. Both had a redhot thing (iron, tomahawk) pressed against their face for breaking the rules. (Jonah broke the rules of a duel, and Dwight broke the rule of ''no boning with your wife'')

Spoiler

And both characters are bordering on evil and good at various times. They are very much antihero's....or antivillains. Depends on how you see it.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
I think you've got that bang on, I think Dwight will make it look like hes holding rick hostage as Negan approaches before trying to kill Negan, But in trying to kill negan he will get himself killed

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!