Issue 120 Review

- - - - - Denise Cloyd The Walking Dead Negan Rick Grenades Fire

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England
I agree its been disappointing so far. Im enjoying it but I do feel we were promised so much. The death of the ASZ means nothing to me either they have been there for like 50 issues which is just insane. But im being patient because I think the storytelling has been great even if the death count has been pretty awful. Either the big deaths will come or AOW will go down as the biggest troll move Kirkman has ever pulled in his little trolly life.

bournesto33

bournesto33

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationtexas
that fact that there isnt any deaths this far means SHIT IS GONNA GET REAL SOON....I will finally admit I think Rick is going to bite it before this arch is over.

I love the story telling in this, I dont see how you can get a more vicious leader than negan, I know the show is going to screw him up so bad..

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
How did Maggie even know they needed help ?

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
I don't see how the show can possibly pull Negan off, they cant get away with the violence and they cant get away with the swearing. It's going to be another rape of a great character. Damn that show.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

that fact that there isnt any deaths this far means SHIT IS GONNA GET REAL SOON....I will finally admit I think Rick is going to bite it before this arch is over.

I love the story telling in this, I dont see how you can get a more vicious leader than negan, I know the show is going to screw him up so bad..

We have been building up to "shit is going to get real" for a very very long time and to be half way through the arc and "the real shit" has not even started is a disappointment.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Sorry Gracie i do not have feelings for the locations in the comic...........and do we know that ASZ is gone for good ?

Everything is burning.

And as Negan said, they have no way to put it all out. Not before it all spreads to other houses....and the lawns.....and the trees.

And the people.

It's pretty safe to say that Alexandria is fucked.

Also, wouldnt sitting on ice make your butt get stuck on the ice?

I wouldnt really know though, since i dont have an habit of sitting on ice. I prefer it in my drinks, LI.

Leela Ice-butt.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

CarlsRightEye

CarlsRightEye

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVancouver

How did Maggie even know they needed help ?

I dont think she knew they needed help. She says that she felt everyone needed to be together in case something happens, then shows up just in time. Talk about good timing...
"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" – Bran Stark
"That is the only time a man can be brave." – Eddard Stark

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Look at the panel with Rick cradling Carl. He's burnt. Why are people saying he's okay?

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

CarlsRightEye

CarlsRightEye

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVancouver

Look at the panel with Rick cradling Carl. He's burnt. Why are people saying he's okay?

I just assumed that was scaring on his face from the gunshot..? Do we really need to make Carl moooore haggard looking?

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Sorry Gracie i do not have feelings for the locations in the comic...........and do we know that ASZ is gone for good ?

Half way through i thought we would have at least one major character gone , I guess i let the whole "war" thing get me over hyped because IMO so far this has not been a war more like some minor fighting.

I don't have feelings for the location, but I still think it was a huge loss for them. I'm only assuming it's gone for good, without any way to contain the fires.

I'm kind of glad that a major character didn't bite it in this issue - it will be more surprising if it just comes in a random issue, rather than at the midway point. *shrug*

I'm on the fence about Maggie showing up like that. I know he wanted to shock us, but it came out kinda cliched. I wish we would've gotten more time to see Maggie rallying the troops, trying to convince people to join the cause, etc. It was just kinda cheap and after such a fantastic issue, Maggie showing up from the misty shadows to save the day with her terrible haircut kinda made me roll my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's kicking ass, but I wish he would've developed that storyline more. Like, how did she know Negan was gonna be there? More Maggie POV, less Ezekiel.

Maggie didn't know that Negan was there. She said that she decided to leave Hilltop because she didn't think it was safe there. It was just a coincidence. However, it seems like she would have felt much safer at Hilltop, since they were essentially out of the war (except for Jesus) - Negan didn't have a reason to retaliate against them, at that point.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

Trolled by a cover hmmmmmmmmmmm go figure that..............

no kidding. i wanted to throw a brick at him after i finished reading that panel.

CarlsRightEye

CarlsRightEye

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVancouver
I can't remember... did Negan realize it was the Hilltop forces firing at them? Or did he high tail it out of there before he noticed who it was?

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
Carl seems fine to me, just went back and looked through those panels and I cant see any evidence that he is burnt, his t shirt doesn't even seem damaged. I believe Carl was just knocked down that's all.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

I can't remember... did Negan realize it was the Hilltop forces firing at them? Or did he high tail it out of there before he noticed who it was?

I don't think he knew. I think he would have gone on a rant, had he known.

I was so glad to see Kal. I really want to like that guy, not sure why. I'm glad he came back with Maggie.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

Maggie didn't know that Negan was there. She said that she decided to leave Hilltop because she didn't think it was safe there. It was just a coincidence. However, it seems like she would have felt much safer at Hilltop, since they were essentially out of the war (except for Jesus) - Negan didn't have a reason to retaliate against them, at that point.

Yeah, I guess at that point I was so emotionally exhausted I just didn't even process what Maggie said. Seemed kinda convenient, but then again, Negan was already retreating anyway.

Add me to the list of people who are glad Olivia is okay. At the end of the issue I did a mental check and she was the first one the list. I can't believe how much she's grown on me. Thanks, farswell lol.

Alexandria being no more would make me sad. Kinda like Winterfell falling. But I also like the prospect of the road/a new location. Basically, Kirkman can do whatever he wants with the story as long as I approve of the story and my favorite characters never die.

Just re-read the issue and the smile that Denise gives Rick when she announced Heath is going to be okay... a bullet to the throat would hurt less.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
If Kirkman listened to people complaining not enough death, there'd be no one left!

Do you forget that this series is going to last at the MINIMUM 300 issues?

We are only 1/3 of the way through and ALREADY we only have 4-5 original long-lasting characters left and people are complaining about them NOT being killed off?

Call me crazy but I hope to see some of the original characters for 100s of issues to come. If we kill off all the major characters in the first half of the series, what's the point? I want to be rooting for these characters throughout the entire series.

Do people not remember that 2 of the biggest characters of the series (ABRAHAM AND GLENN) have already been killed off because of this Negan arc? Others like Holly, Eric, Spencer, and Denise have bitten the dust as well. It's not like everyone's surviving everything.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
Ahaha!! I'm reading through Letter Hacks and love the chick that wrote in about the menstrual cup. So hilarious!! I was reading about the menstrual cups the other day and was thinking how they'd be great in an end of the world scenario. *snort* Sarah is my new favorite fan. :D

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
And whislt i havent finished the big page, Blakbox....here is a little something whilst you and the others wait.

I played around a bit with fiery colors and the smudge tool. Since….well, it IS an explosion.
Hope you like it, fellas.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
Menstrual Cup Girl might be my new super hero name.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
No, it's Leela Ice-butt.

You cant just go around and change your superhero name like that, LI.

Zombilicious

Zombilicious

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Zombieland, USA
Rick may be an inspiring leader but he has lousy ideas and always underestimates his opponents. Always underestimates.

- got his girlfriend killed during No Way Out by trying to cover her in zombie guts, and giving her no time to prepare mentally to walk through the z-horde
- didn't consider Governor's long term threat
- initially threatened Negan's folk without assessing Negan, his forces or his resources
- travelled to Hilltop in 100 and did not anticipate Negan's bloodthirstiness and resources, getting Glenn killed and putting all of them at risk
- underestimated the possibility of Hilltop's leader going over to Negan
- and now, not thinking that Negan could have access to superior weaponry or could counter Rick's attack so brutally.

Rick has faith in his plans, but those plans are not well balanced by what could go wrong.

Know Rick? Yer gonna die sooner than later IMO

CarlsRightEye

CarlsRightEye

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVancouver
Hmmm, so now how will Negan be tipped off to the Euge's bullet making operation? The only way I see him knowing about it is of Holly broke and told Negan everything.

jbhutto

jbhutto

S-mart Employee

• Members
@zombilicious: Give the guy a break. Rick's like Cool Hand Luke, GIVE ME SOME AIR lol.

The Heath panels were pretty brutal. Stuff with Dwight was good. I still don't trust Dwight yet though. I mean it'd be a good way to survive the war between Rick/Negan if they both think you're on their side. Then again it looks like ASZ is against the wall so there wasn't much of a reason for Dwight to kill some of the saviors unless he really was on Rick's side.

Yeah, but Carl says 2-3 times that he's okay and not burned.

I thought it was moreso Rick going into overprotective parent mode and then the whole situation just got to him. I think seeing Maggie there made him realize that if she hadn't shown up then they would all be toast. This is the 2nd time that Rick has tried, and failed, to fend off a major attack (The Scavengers don't count, they were like the Orphans of the zombie apocalypse).

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
Carl's okay. Those are the scars he got when he got shot.

No, it's Leela Ice-butt.

You cant just go around and change your superhero name like that, LI.

Now, let's not confuse my name with my super powers.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Another "Helms Deep" moment how many times are they going to be saved like that ?

I called the "Helms Deep" moment a long time ago...... I never thought there would be two of them.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!