Issue 120 Review

- - - - - Denise Cloyd The Walking Dead Negan Rick Grenades Fire

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

MY 1000TH POST GOES OUT TO MY GIRL OLIVIA FOR SURVIVING ISSUE 120!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG she beat all odds and nobody, not even me believed in her. Forgive me Olivia I will never doubt you again.

Congratulations! She appears to be 100 percent alive and well, ready to manage Hilltop inventory.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Congratulations! She appears to be 100 percent alive and well, ready to manage Hilltop inventory.

And give haircuts!

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England
Congrats on Olivia surviving, although shes not out of the woods yet. There is a long time left in this war!

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

I would like to see Jesus doing some crazy back flip shit trying to stop someone and get shot dead.

Kinda like that scene in Raiders Of The Lost Ark when Indy shoots the sword guy........that would be perfect.

Except we know he can dodge bullets.

Gotta try better than that, Porkie.

Besides, to be perfectly straight with you, getting shot does not mean much to a man who resurrected after geting crucified.

Jesus will never die. Anyone who has read the novel Kirkman wrote for him (Called ''The Bible'') knows that.

Also, Olivia is gonna solo the war in the next issue. You punks thought this was gonna be a twelve issue war?

Bahahaha.

''Get ready to eat stale Dorito's in hell, Bitches! ''

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
omfg. lol

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

Rick is pregnant! With Andreas baby! wait...

what a twist!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Olivia lives !
Who else is gonna protect the food !

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
Did anybody else spot one of the Saviors wearing a hat very similar to Carls in this issue, I saw him twice. Bit weird

Sidebar im drinking jack daniels from a wine glass in my underpants on a Wednesday afternoon, is that 'crossing a line' my room mate says it is

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I think I almost collapsed when Heath's leg was blown off. Oh, my!

Freaking great issue!!

I'm so happy for you, farswell. Glad Olivia has lived to see another issue. Woohoo! :P

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Thanks everyone. I am almost in tears at how elated I am... Okay not really but yay.

On a serious note, Denise was the star of this issue. What a selfless display of love. Knowing she's going to die to ensure that Heath, who's on the brink of his death bed, has a chance at survival. That's true love and it breaks my heart that we're going to lose Denise.

The upside to that IMO is that Heath is here to stay for quite some time. I did almost shit my pants when I saw that panel of his leg blowing up. Would have been crazy to lose both Heath/Denise when we thought Denise was the goner.

And to those complaining about death count not being high enough, we still haven't seen characters like Rosita, Aaron, Barbara, Gabriel, Erin and Nicholas and his family. I think it's safe to say at the very least Barbara, Erin, and Nicholas' family are dead. There will probably be no unnamed Alexandrians left either.

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts
I have to admit that I was disappointed in this issue. The most glaring thing to me is this, a few issues ago Jesus and his Hilltop fighters appeared out of the blue to save Rick's ass. This issue, Maggie and her Hilltop fighters appear out of the blue to save Rick's ass. Also, I'm really bored of Negan. I have a hard time taking his villainy with any seriousness. Sometimes his dialogue works great, other times, like this issue, it's just fucking silly. For the life of me I can't understand why someone, anyone, just doesn't put a bullet in his head.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
I just picked up on this that unlike in the final prison assault when Rick was fleeing, he didn't leave Andrea behind him. Good to see he learned from that mistake, because if he did, Andrea would be toast :(. Seriously, they need to get married.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

I think I almost collapsed when Heath's leg was blown off. Oh, my!

I'm definitely bummed about Heath loosing his leg. I was starting to think we were going to get more Heath, but I feel like this injury is going to restrict him so much. I feel so teased by Kirkman considering Heath is on the cover of 122 with both legs of his legs!

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
I cant see Rick and Andrea marrying. It wouldn't seem right for them, Glenn and Maggie was a more traditional relationship where the whole marriage and kids thing seemed to make sense. But Rick and Andrea don't need that, or at least that's the way I see it, Rick has already been there and lost Lori, Andrea lost Dale. Their relationship is based off them being the survivors I just don't see wedding bells and happy endings there.
I cant articulate it very well but I know what I mean

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!
This Issue is now in my top five. Great issue, great action and drama. Maggie rules! I'm glad Kirkman is focused on expanding her role more now that Glenn is long gone. Long live Maggie, she's quickly becoming one of my new favourites.

As for Heath...I see him dieing at the end of AOW. Heath had the potential to become a main character alongside Rick and co. but after losing his leg like that, I see him becoming a liability. I also hope to see Dwight become a main character following AOW. This Issue alone proves he's on Rick's side and not Negans. Because, come'on, really? I don't think he would slaughter all those Saviors if he truly didn't want to end the Saviors reign of terror over the communities.

Anyways, 9.5/10

Great issue, can't wait to see how Eugene's story plays into the next issue.

Edit: How could I forget about Denise? I'm extremely disappointed by her inevitable death. As another user said, Denise was the star of this issue. I was hoping for her to be a main character! Her choosing Heath's life over her own shows that they have one of the strongest relationships/bonds in the comic. And it's too bad we can't see it explored more.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I jumped on here before I had the chance to read this....when I read where someone said carl was burnt I was like really? Didnt this kid suffer enough? What else are they going to put him through? Then I read and realized he was fine just got knocked down. Nice to know he's fine.

I also like how dwight just casually kills the saviors and telling Monroe he wants to be trusted.....hopefully he was away from negan enough not to be heard or seen.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

I'm definitely bummed about Heath loosing his leg. I was starting to think we were going to get more Heath, but I feel like this injury is going to restrict him so much. I feel so teased by Kirkman considering Heath is on the cover of 122 with both legs of his legs!

IDK, we still got a good bit of development out of Dale after he lost his leg. I am worried if Heath will be able to mentally recover from this, though - losing Denise and his leg. Harsh.

That cover was a total troll, but I'm kind of glad because that means the others might be, as well. I didn't like "knowing" that certain characters were safe because they were featured on future covers.

hathawa

hathawa

Infected

• Members
very good issue. The end of Alexandria was pretty well done. I'm glad there weren't any deaths because that would have been predictable. Kirkman always plays against what people expect. I'm excited for the final 6 issues of this arc.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
Absolutely, one legged Dale is when he started to become one of my favourite characters. I think Heath will survive the war now, losing a leg and surviving only to die a few issues later seems unlikely. Denise's sacrifice has to be for something.
I think Heath will be around for a long time

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
I guess I am the only one a little dissapointed by this issue , I have been waiting for some major characters to bite it and so far we have got nothing...............

So far the war has been pretty meaningless IMO.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

IDK, we still got a good bit of development out of Dale after he lost his leg. I am worried if Heath will be able to mentally recover from this, though - losing Denise and his leg. Harsh.

That cover was a total troll, but I'm kind of glad because that means the others might be, as well. I didn't like "knowing" that certain characters were safe because they were featured on future covers.

For sure. Good point about Dale too.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

I guess I am the only one a little dissapointed by this issue , I have been waiting for some major characters to bite it and so far we have got nothing...............

So far the war has been pretty meaningless IMO.

I think the death of ASZ was a pretty big loss. And the war ain't over yet...

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I think the death of ASZ was a pretty big loss. And the war ain't over yet...

Sorry Gracie i do not have feelings for the locations in the comic...........and do we know that ASZ is gone for good ?

Half way through i thought we would have at least one major character gone , I guess i let the whole "war" thing get me over hyped because IMO so far this has not been a war more like some minor fighting.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Trolled by a cover hmmmmmmmmmmm go figure that..............

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
Denise surviving long enough to perform surgery on Heath is even sadder and I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to survive their goodbye scene no no no NO NO NO!!!!

This issue was absolutely fantastic. I feel like I just gave birth. I'm exhausted after reading it. We haven't had an issue like this one in SO long. I was seriously terrified of turning each page. This is the first time I've actually felt like anyone could go at any moment and when Rick/Andrea/Carl were running from the grenades I was 100% sure one of them would die.

In fact, when Rick screamed Carl I thought, "I can't believe Kirkman had the balls to kill Carl. Yay!" I was a little disappointed he didn't, but I'm glad we don't have to go through another "Carl is hurt" angstfest.

And then right on the next page Negan gives us one of the funniest lines to date. While reading the whole thing I went from, "NO!" to "HOLY SHIT" to "RUN, FOOLS!" to "LOL" to "OH SHIT" to "TWO WEEKS?!?!"

Ezekiel, go away. I was disappointed that he didn't blow up. I seriously don't see what Kirkman and Michonne see in this character.

I think my mind was running 10,000 miles an hour, because at first I didn't get that Jesus had thrown the grenade back. I actually thought it'd blown him up. Yeah, the character is getting a little too much. I really hope they tune the Daryl Dixon down, because I can't stand Daryl Dixon and I don't need him in the comics. Give us some Jesus backstory, make him a little more human. I enjoy the yum, but seriously.

I'm glad Dwight finally did something pro-Rick, but I get the feeling it won't be that simple. I think Dwight is in it for himself. Not in a completely selfish evil Littlefinger way, but as a survivor. I think we'll see him betray Rick before it's over. Whether the readers or Rick will understand him for it remains to be seen.

Heath is going to turn into the most bitter asshole avenging son of a bitch and I can't wait!

I'm on the fence about Maggie showing up like that. I know he wanted to shock us, but it came out kinda cliched. I wish we would've gotten more time to see Maggie rallying the troops, trying to convince people to join the cause, etc. It was just kinda cheap and after such a fantastic issue, Maggie showing up from the misty shadows to save the day with her terrible haircut kinda made me roll my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's kicking ass, but I wish he would've developed that storyline more. Like, how did she know Negan was gonna be there? More Maggie POV, less Ezekiel.

Otherwise, great issue. I really got Rick's sense of urgency. It was nice to be reminded once again that at the end of the day, Rick is just a guy trying to keep his family alive and as long as he has that, everything else is a luxury. This issue reminded me of that time the herd attacked Alexandria and Rick sacrificed What's Her Face and her son to save Carl's life. In this issue when Rick went back for Carl and Andrea, he didn't care about retaliating at that moment or how many people had been hurt. Rick's grown more ruthless, but I like that he hasn't changed in that regard. It left me wondering what would've happened if Carl hadn't been blown or Maggie hadn't shown up. A lot of people were fighting but his first instinct was to take his family and run.

And before anyone asks, no, I didn't write that wedding letter.

Now I need to go sit on some ice or something, shit. Am I even typing in English?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!