Issue 120 Review

- - - - - Denise Cloyd The Walking Dead Negan Rick Grenades Fire

Green87

Green87

Infected

• Members
What a good issue, Carl isnt burned at all. He even states that he isnt. How can they possibly save the safe zone?

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England
I don't think they can save the safe zone, its over for that location imo. After all this All out war shenanigans is over I think they will either all live at the hilltop or it will be 'on the road again' (couldn't help say that in sing song as donkey off of shrek)

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Wow this was a great issue, one of my favorites yet, there were so many awesome moments, and I totally want to see Koibito do a coloring of Rick, Andrea and Carl running from the grenades. That would be epic! But overall, great issue and some awesome lines from Negan, yet again. "My dick is so hard it could crack steel" lol. I liked how nervous one of his men, Travis was and was trying to say he had a boner over all the death and destruction like Negan did.

Oh man, poor Heath, got his leg fucking blown right off. It was very noble of Denise to not have Rick chop her arm off to save Heath's life. I'll miss her when she's gone now. Never much cared for her before, but the typical character development before death I guess. I wonder how heath is gonna get on now. I don't think he'd make it with a peg leg because that shit came off above the knee right? The cover for 122 is totally a troll cover, but I wonder if in 123 Heath gets some action... but really I can't imagine he'd be recovered in time. Also someone said Carl got burned bad? Pretty sure he kept saying he was fine and didn't get burned? I'll have to look back. And oh man, Maggie is bad ass! I hope she knocked Gregory's teeth out or has him strung up at the gates of Hilltop. But it looks like ASZ is gonna have to be abandoned now that it's burning to the ground. Hilltop or Kingdom will have to be the new base of operations for sure. I wonder if Rick is alright since he fainted. If Rick does die in this arc I can totally see Maggie and Jesus taking command.

And Did anyone catch Jesus' super ninja moves catching that grenade and chucking it back out? What the hell is up with this guy? As much as I like him, he's turning into the comics Daryl Dixon. I really hope that he survives AOW and gets some MAJOR character development in the following issues. And Im stoked that Dwight finally stepped up. I feel like the cover for 124 is a major troll attempt to make us think Dwight is actually a double operative for Negan. I mean he did just kill like half a dozen Saviors to help out ASZ and confirmed with Jesus that he was proving himself. I guess we'll see. Can't wait to see what the hell Negan has up his sleeve next. Clearly something bad is going to happen to Eugene in the next issue or two, but it doesn't appear that he's ware yet of the bullet factory. And yeah, even though he thinks he's won, the war is far from over and his giant ego is going to bite his dick off in the end.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
In Letterhacks: Interesting that the name "Negan" was inspired a little by Star Trek (Grand Nagus leader of the Ferengi's) hahaha. Also, is Kirkman hinting at a potential wedding for Rick and Andrea? hmmmm. If they survive, maybe. Also sounds like Father Gabriel may get some panel time soonish.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Here's the panel I'm talking about, Koibito.

Spoiler

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫
Whoa....like.....wow.

I did not see the Heath panel coming.

It actually hurts to even watch it.

And....sure, i'll give it a go, Blackbox. It's gonna take time both because i'm currently focusing on my fanfic and because it is a large page....but...yeah, i'll try do do something with it.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
One of these days I'll bust out some photoshop skills myself. Haha

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
Anyone else think BRAKOOM!! was a weird grenade sound, they used it a few times. Whats wrong with a good old fashioned BOOM, it does make me kinda want to see Rick punch Negan followed by KAPOW!!

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Anyone else think BRAKOOM!! was a weird grenade sound, they used it a few times. Whats wrong with a good old fashioned BOOM, it does make me kinda want to see Rick punch Negan followed by KAPOW!!

GuidoP

GuidoP

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationAmsterdam
New favourite Negan quote: My dick is so hard right now I could crack steel. I should wrap it in barbed wire and call it Lucille two!

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
Yup that works too, theres a poll of who delivers the death blow to Negan, maybe Adam West's Batman should be on the list, its just as believable as Abrahams Ghost.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members
So what the hell is up with Rick? what was this fainting all about?

and fucking heath...still in shock about that...i guess thats what he gets though for being compassionate to Aaron.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

New favourite Negan quote: My dick is so hard right now I could crack steel. I should wrap it in barbed wire and call it Lucille two!

agreed. I can not wait to say that a non walking dead reader and see what kind of reaction I get.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
8-Ball. He watched as Carl survived YET ANOTHER fatal injury only to be fine and thought fuck this and checked out

I just hope its not a rehash of the issue 50 storyline

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Yup that works too, theres a poll of who delivers the death blow to Negan, maybe Adam West's Batman should be on the list, its just as believable as Abrahams Ghost.

Dwight is actually Adam West in disguise.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

8-Ball. He watched as Carl survived YET ANOTHER fatal injury only to be fine and thought fuck this and checked out

I just hope its not a rehash of the issue 50 storyline

Yeah and probably the stress of just getting attacked and that your home is burning to the ground. I'm sure Rick is fine and will wake up while Jesus, Michonne, Andrea and Maggie are leading an exodus back to the Hilltop. I hope Denise doesn't turn too fast though, with Heath and Carl sitting on those beds. That'd be a twist. Since Denise was already visibly getting the fever from the bite. Eh. I'm sure it'll be fine.....

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
You just have a GIF for every occasion don't you, I shall call you GIFman... scratch that its rubbish I can do better

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Just call me, BBL. Oh and welcome to the boards, Neganite.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

And Did anyone catch Jesus' super ninja moves catching that grenade and chucking it back out? What the hell is up with this guy? As much as I like him, he's turning into the comics Daryl Dixon.

Except Jesus doesnt eat up episode time (i mean...panel time. He gets a decent amount of screentime whilst still letting other character do stuff.), nor does he take away from other character's roles. (I like Daryl, but this is a fact.)

He's just really capable. (and possibly a former stuntman, which as stated before, is the line of work that connects best with the stuff we've seen him be able to do. The flips, his slim but strong physique, the crazy kicks and all that good shit.)

(Yes, the grenade thing is a bit shady, but...fuck it, it's a comic before anything else. In comics, even when it is portrayed realistically, you can take some liberties and do what you want to make a scene awesome.)

Also, Look at this guy. His moves are way beyond anything we've seen Jesus do, and this is REAL. If anyone thinks Jesus's flips and everything are unreal....please, look at this.

Spoiler

(and people have to stop complaining about Jesus doing awesome stuff. You are making no sense. Jesus is doing AWESOME stuff.
A-W-E-S-O-M-E. You have NOTHING to complain about, people. It's like you would complain about '' oh shit. It's sunny, the birds are singing and i have an harem all to myself, plus a Big Mac. '')

Jesus is awesome, and you are all wrong for wanting anything else. (That said, i do want him to get more backstory.)

And just so you know, Blackbox, i use GIMP. Hehe.

My oldest colorings however, are photoshop. But all of my current are made with GIMP, since my laptop doesnt have photoshop.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I would like to see Jesus doing some crazy back flip shit trying to stop someone and get shot dead.

Kinda like that scene in Raiders Of The Lost Ark when Indy shoots the sword guy........that would be perfect.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Haha, you speak truth, Koibito. Jesus is awesome, I'm just concerned he won't get proper development if he survives this and actually take away panel time. I mean so far he hasn't. We shall see!

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

Yeah and probably the stress of just getting attacked and that your home is burning to the ground. I'm sure Rick is fine and will wake up while Jesus, Michonne, Andrea and Maggie are leading an exodus back to the Hilltop. I hope Denise doesn't turn too fast though, with Heath and Carl sitting on those beds. That'd be a twist. Since Denise was already visibly getting the fever from the bite. Eh. I'm sure it'll be fine.....

yeah i figured it had to have been the stress,but after this issue I've got a feeling that it could be something more. what...I still don't know.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
MY 1000TH POST GOES OUT TO MY GIRL OLIVIA FOR SURVIVING ISSUE 120!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG she beat all odds and nobody, not even me believed in her. Forgive me Olivia I will never doubt you again.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

yeah i figured it had to have been the stress,but after this issue I've got a feeling that it could be something more. what...I still don't know.

Rick is pregnant! With Andreas baby! wait...

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!