Issue 120 Review

- - - - - Denise Cloyd The Walking Dead Negan Rick Grenades Fire

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members
Ok, Now the action has finally begun with this war and it is in full swing. Great issue that felt like it was over in a few seconds.

I think Doctor Cloyd should have had the cover of this issue to be honest, I think also it shows how much of a pussy Ezekial is?

Negan's ego is def going to be the end of him.

Canon_108

Canon_108

Lurker

• Members
Can you post a summary?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Spoil me please!

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
WOW! Total troll with Heath! Never saw that coming! Then I was waiting for more and... Nothing...then ANOTHER helms deep moment...but it looks like the band is back together :) pretty awesome all in all though. Two weeks! Now even THAT seems long!

Zombilicious

Zombilicious

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Zombieland, USA
Awesome episode. Dwight's allegiance is finally realized. Lots of hurt people, dead Saviors and one dedicated doctor.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Best. Issue. Ever

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Spoilers

Negan lobs grenades in ASZ and destroys several houses. Rick kills zombie Holly and one of the grenades takes off Heath's leg. Denise refuses an amputation for her arm because she needs both arms to save Heath

Dwight kills some Saviors outside the walls. Carl gets caught by an explosion and heavily burnt. Hilltop shows up in time with Maggie and drives the Saviors off.

Heath is ok (but missing a leg). Denise isn't dead yet. Rick passes out from stress. And at the end, Negan announces that they win because ASZ can't put the fire out.

Some badass moments from Jesus throwing grenades back over the wall

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Oh and Olivia lives!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
I dunno i really was hoping for some more deaths..............

57channels

57channels

S-mart Employee

• Members
Good to see Dwight finally contribute. I was beginning to wonder when he would do something to help.

Canon_108

Canon_108

Lurker

• Members
Awesome, thanks a lot for the summary. Maybe this is where the elements come into play and rain puts out the fire...least I thought Kirkman said weather would eventually play a part.

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
Damn another leg!!! Lol

Good issue

Canon_108

Canon_108

Lurker

• Members
Oh, and I guess we'll be getting a new runner...given Heath's career ending injury.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I dunno i really was hoping for some more deaths..............

We'll get them. The survivors are in peril and the war is in full swing. It's also implied many of the unnamed Alexandrians died in their burning house

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
Denise is gonna turn while Carl in there with her! The panel of her shows her sweating bad lol

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

We'll get them. The survivors are in peril and the war is in full swing. It's also implied many of the unnamed Alexandrians died in their burning house

My heart aches for the unnamed...............not.

josh is a walker

josh is a walker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCambridgeshrie, UK
pictueres!

I NEED PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Bored? Got nothing better to do? Have a nose through my Autograph Collection:
https://www.facebook...raphadventures/

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

My heart aches for the unnamed...............not.

It's not whether your heart aches or not. It just clears up more room to focus on the other survivors

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Ominous Letter Hacks: "Next week, we learn the dangers of making ammunition"

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members

[URL=http://s129.photobucket.com/user/67camaro67/media/pics/F6A8D924-0F3D-4695-869F-1C21930BB7BD_zpsu138wwre.png.html]

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
When I fist saw heath.... :o
OMFG.
Thank god for Dwight not double crossing rick... For now.
Shit is going down.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
LETTER HACKS ISSUE #120

Spoiler

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England
Hi, I have been for lack of a better term 'lurking' on these boards since like issue 95 ish. I tried to make an account for the start of all out war but somehow cocked it up, which doesn't say a lot for my intellectual prowess but anyway. I decided I should now actually contribute rather than just stay in the shadows, like those people who have fantasies about killing before eventually giving in and doing a murder.

So as someone else already said, I was expecting more death, I was actually expecting a big one. Which maybe explains why I lingered so long on the panels of Heath's leg dumping him. Jesus showing his badassery again with the grenade. And Carl getting all exploded. Because I genuinely thought for a moment they were goners. Well a part on my mind was like pfft Carls not dead.

Although there wasn't big deaths I actually loved the tension and pace of the issue. I loved that Denise actually had a say in her destiny by choosing Heath's life over her own, that was a sweet moment. Dwight FINALLY showing his hand and helping Team Rick was great. It felt like the days of old where you had no idea what was going to happen, I had that nervous feeling about turning a page (well swiping my finger along the screen on my comixology app more precisely).

Some great Negan quotes as well. In case you cant tell im a big fan of that guy. I have 0% hope that he will survive but I can enjoy him while he's here :)

So hello to all you regulars, nice to be able to actually chat

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Welcome!

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England
Not sure how to reply specifically to one person but thanks for welcoming me Mr Monroe

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!