Midseason Finales: Which One Was Your Favorite?

- - - - - midseason finale

What was your favorite midseason finale? (48 )

Which midseason finale did you think was the best?

1. Pretty Much Dead Already- The Sophia reveal took my breath away. (20 [40.00%])

40.00%

2. Made to Suffer- Rick's raid into Woodbury was priceless (0 [0.00%])

0.00%

3. Too Far Gone- The Fall of the Prison and the Death of the Governor was amazing!!!! (30 [60.00%])

60.00%

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

JesusMonroe you complain about every episode, I think I've seen maybe 1 positive post from you ever. It's your opinion and that's fine but I just don't see the point of you watching the show or even watching the show and then coming on here to complain about it. Even when the shows at it's best, you still complain. Just watch the episodes and enjoy them and stop being so negative. Walking Dead is the most popular show on tv, definitely one of the best (probably the best) and just in general, it's a damn good show so enjoy it.

I do apologize if I sound a bit harsh but I just think you need to enjoy the show for once.

"It's your opinion and that's fine"

That's basically the crux of it. On the flip side of the coin, I don't think I've seen one negative post from you ever. I’ve actually seen posts where you claim that people who don’t like a certain episode are people who don’t like character development. I'd rather be critical of the show and acknowledge its flaws than constantly praise it. I’ve criticized Breaking Bad. I’ve criticized Game of Thrones. I’ve criticized the Walking Dead comic (just as much as the show in fact).

In fact, saying you’ve only seen one positive post from me ever? Really? That must be pretty selective. Positive is “not negative.” If you go by that logic, I’ve reviewed four of the episodes this season in a positive manner. One of the four negative episodes was also one that I praised but said it had too much filler. Don’t view my grading scale as a school system. A B is very good. I gave Too Far Gone the range from a B to A- because I couldn’t really decide. Any episodes I give less than an A- to and make a post about it, I get downvoted. Just because I give an episode a less than perfect score doesn’t mean it’s bad. Especially if I’m rating a show against itself.

Another thing: Saying you don’t see the point of me watching the show if all I do is complain (which I don’t) adds nothing to these conversations. Just a personal pet peeve of mine that I want to address. There’s a reason that that phrase was banned from one thread. It doesn’t add to any constructive discussion

Also, popularity means barely anything when it comes to the quality of a show. We don’t exactly see Transformers win at the Oscars every year. Shawshank Redemption and Fight Club were both box office flops (If you want a good review pointing out the flaws of the Walking Dead, go to this thread http://www.roamersan...e-walking-dead/)

At the beginning of every review I make, I say, “If you downvote me, can you explain why you disagree?” So, Joseph, explain why you disagree. Instead of saying I’m being too negative and should just enjoy the show for what it is and saying that I never make any positive posts, how about you counter me? This forum is made for discussion after all. You think Too Far Gone is the best episode ever? That’s fine. Of the points that I made about the episode, explain why you disagree. I’d happily get into a debate with you about one of your disagreements with my opinion, but you never explain why you disagree with me, or explain why you like an episode, so there’s nothing for me to say. I’m being too negative on Too Far Gone? Explain

The reason these comments get downvotes is because of the tone in which they are stated.
For example, there's a fine line between saying "This episode sucked balls" and "I didn't like this episode very much".
The second post wouldn't get many downvotes, if at all. The first one would, because it sounds like the poster is stating his/her opinion as fact,
and not doing it in a really nice way either. And if I may be frank, the post with the highest amount of downvotes in this thread is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say.

I gave Too Far Gone a positive grade and positive review. I also put criticisms in that review. I can either copy and paste that review every time Too Far Gone is mentioned, or I can simply summarize my thoughts in a post. The first 80% being retarded is my summary for that. That’s far from, “This sucked balls.” Should I have said, “I don’t like the first 80% that much?” It’s just too nitpicky for something simple.

And saying that the second post wouldn’t get much downvotes, if at all, is not true. I’ve gotten downvotes when I’ve explained my points, I’ve gotten downvotes when I’ve given positive reviews (my only complaint about Internment was that the use of firearms was unrealistic) and I’ve seen others get downvotes for ridiculous reasons. I’ve seen people get many downvotes for saying an episode was okay, I’ve seen someone get multiple downvotes for confusing Lauren Cohan’s accent, etc. I hardly see how my post was a perfect example because I wasn’t stating my post as a fact

But thank you for explaining why you disagree with me

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members

The reason these comments get downvotes is because of the tone in which they are stated.
For example, there's a fine line between saying "This episode sucked balls" and "I didn't like this episode very much".
The second post wouldn't get many downvotes, if at all. The first one would, because it sounds like the poster is stating his/her opinion as fact,
and not doing it in a really nice way either. And if I may be frank, the post with the highest amount of downvotes in this thread is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say.

I'm sorry if my tone sounded like I was bashing the show. It's not like I'm sitting at my desk with furrowed brows, angrily pounding my fists against the keyboard because I have such a deep hatred for The Walking Dead. It's entertaining, and I will be sure to tune in when it returns on February 8th. However, it's entertainment value isn't anywhere near enough of a redeeming quality for me to say that it's the best show on television. Personally, I think that this show is very overrated and clearly has numerous flaws. Do you have to agree with me? Of course not! It's just my opinion.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I'm sorry if my tone sounded like I was bashing the show. It's not like I'm sitting at my desk with furrowed brows, angrily pounding my fists against the keyboard because I have such a deep hatred for The Walking Dead. It's entertaining, and I will be sure to tune in when it returns on February 8th. However, it's entertainment value isn't anywhere near enough of a redeeming quality for me to say that it's the best show on television. Personally, I think that this show is very overrated and clearly has numerous flaws. Do you have to agree with me? Of course not! It's just my opinion.

And honestly, are our posts really offending anyone? Are they making people so angry that they have to downvote us?

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Dude, keep in mind that Rick had an injured hand from his fight with Tyreese. What's even more is that Rick was shot in the leg when the battle shot and the legs are your foundation. Also it was the only way to have a 1-2-3 puch type of death for the Governor without it being unrealistic pandering.

I have seen a fight between a good guy and a bad guy, but I haven't a one-sided one.

How was it one-sided? Rick was shot. The Governor was shot. The Governor also had one eye. They fought for quite a while before the Governor got the upper hand and it looked like Rick was winning for a lot of it. Plus, nobody shot either of them

And if you want examples of a one-sided fight, pick any 80s/90s action movie. It's been done to death. Not saying it can't still be interesting, but it was a cliche

KittenMittons

KittenMittons

S-mart Employee

• Members

JesusMonroe you complain about every episode, I think I've seen maybe 1 positive post from you ever. It's your opinion and that's fine but I just don't see the point of you watching the show or even watching the show and then coming on here to complain about it. Even when the shows at it's best, you still complain. Just watch the episodes and enjoy them and stop being so negative. Walking Dead is the most popular show on tv, definitely one of the best (probably the best) and just in general, it's a damn good show so enjoy it.

I do apologize if I sound a bit harsh but I just think you need to enjoy the show for once.

I too, don't mean to sound harsh, but you need to see that this is a forum. It is meant and built for discussion between users. He's entitled to his own opinions just as you are to yours. If anything, JesusMonroe is adding to the website, giving other users (like yourself) to refute any point he makes.
Join the R&L GTA Crew! http://socialclub.ro...ers_and_lurke

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

Agreed. Especially considering the first 80% of Too Far Gone (besides the Hershel/Gov convo) was absolutely retarded and very forgettable. There were a lot of times where I actually started screaming at my TV in frustration

I almost gasped at the fact that you got 6 down votes on this.

The first chunk of the episode was pretty meh and diminished from the amazing ending of the episode IMO. The first 30 minutes is pointless and had there not been the big payoff at the end of the episode it would be one of the weaker episodes.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I almost gasped at the fact that you got 6 down votes on this.

The first chunk of the episode was pretty meh and diminished from the amazing ending of the episode IMO. The first 30 minutes is pointless and had there not been the big payoff at the end of the episode it would be one of the weaker episodes.

Thank you!

Oh, right. There's a topic question.

Pretty Much Dead Already is my choice

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat
Should have brought my baked potato...things were getting salty in here.

Pretty much dead already got my vote. Season 2 got a lot of flack, but I actually enjoyed it. They kept it simple and made it believable. You'd be surprised how quickly people fall into their old ways of living after finding a safe place to live. I actually enjoy when the characters talk instead of doing flips and shit, killing zeds non stop, and making shit go BOOM! I thought made to suffer was one of the worst episodes. I've been going back and watching some of s3-s4 and I find myself less and less interested in the characters. There's a lack of character consistency and their actions aren't logical or believable. No one will ever be able to convince me the Governor worked on television. They tried something and it didn't work at all. It failed horribly. I love morrissey, but I feel he only got those stand alone episodes because his contract required him to have a certain amount of screen time. I agree with JM (as usual...love you, bud) that Too far gone was pretty cheese and had a lot of unnecessary moments.

Hugs for everyone!

Play nice

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I agree with JM (as usual...love you, bud)

B-B-But...I didn't know you felt the same way...
Spoiler

Seriously, though. I love you too, dude. And I'm NOT just saying that. I love all your posts and you're just a great guy

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia
"Pretty much dead already" gets my vote because it's simpler, more logical and just... better.
The whole episode lead up to the majestic awesomeness of the final 10 minutes. The scene where Dale tries to hide weapons from Shane but Shane finds him, that scene, that tension in their conversation, ohhhh man. It clears things up between Shane and other characters. And that Rick - Shane performance while Shane's opening the barn, even now I get goosebumps when I remember Rick screaming "Do not do this brother" and Shane's what I like to call "Enough" speech. May I also say that Shane is probably my favorite character of the show and this episode does great in his development.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
It was kind of a tough choice for me between Too Far Gone and Pretty Much Dead Already. I went with Pretty Much Dead Already though for the reason that it was far less predictable. I know I've seen a lot of people say how Sophia's barn reveal was obvious, but for me it was not. I was genuinely surprised to see her walk out of the barn. Too Far Gone had a lot of great moments, but my biggest gripe with the episode was how predictable it was. Every single character's death I called before the episode even started. I did enjoy the battle at the end, although I did feel Rick's group should have suffered more than one casualty (I'm not counting Judith until her death is confirmed).

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!