Black Science

- - - - - Blacki Science Remender Image

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I guess i missed that thanks !

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

aftertheplague

aftertheplague

Infected

• Members

Just wanted to bump this because this is one of the best comics out there right now. Great story and it is fucking picking up.

MrBlahg

MrBlahg

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Attention all Dimensionauts...

Grace and I will be covering the first 6 issues of Black Science (as well as Chew #41) on this week's episode of Under the Comic Covers.  

If you have any feedback, questions, or interdimensional homing beacons for us... send them to feedback@utccovers.com or leave us a voicemail at 678-796-UTCC (8822) by no later than 8PM EST tomorrow (May 1st).

I can't wait to finally dig into this remarkable title... I think we will be having some fun with this one.  And I'm curious to ask Grace how we are meant to pronounce the name Kadir.  Hope you all enjoy... I'll make sure to post the link once the episode is up.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

SWEEET!

aftertheplague

aftertheplague

Infected

• Members
How crazy was issue six! Damn

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

How crazy was issue six! Damn

Absolutely loved it, but I still don't think it beat issue #5!

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

I just read the last three issues of this in a row. Holy balls! The story just keeps unfolding, like the onion of the eververse. I was not ready for Ward to die. The internal monologue was so sad. Kadir (Kah-dear?) seriously burned all the goodwill I felt towards him after the last issue. I know I should understand the fear, and he did just make it back so if he had helped they both may have lived but would have been stuck, but I still hate him for cowering.

I liked the back story with Grant and Kadir. I didn't realize they went so far back or the animosity was so personal. Grant is a dick, but he is a dick I like. The exploration of lying in issue 5 was interesting. I think the motivation for the lies plays a big part in people's reactions to them and the liar.

I love the idea that Grant is chasing himself. I don't like that the kids always die, but I think the essence of an eververse is that sometimes they don't.

I guess we know who sabotaged the pillar. I was totally leaning towards Rebecca until the end there.

I loved the "ideology is masturbation" rant. And when you compare it to Kadir's own monologue, Grant does not come out the better man. But then, they are both liars.

I can't believe he got left behind. I hope we have not seen the rest of them. 

I can't believe we are only six issues in. I thought I had an idea where all this was going and it just keeps getting bigger and more complex. And so action packed. WOW. Just wow.

"Who is the mother fuckingest of all the mother fuckers? This girl!" - Petra, Legacy of Luther Strode

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
I tried asking Remender how to pronounce Kadir, but he didn't answer my Tweet. :P My friend said that if he's Indian, then it's Kha-der. Who knows. My brain wants to say Kha-deer.

Glad you are loving it as much as we are, DreaM! Such a great read. I'm looking forward to July!!

aftertheplague

aftertheplague

Infected

• Members

love how they are making kadir badass, that knight suit badass. But damn that ending though...

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

Holy balls, skinny, little Nate McKay!

Look out Carl, there is a new mini bad-ass in Image-town!

"Who is the mother fuckingest of all the mother fuckers? This girl!" - Petra, Legacy of Luther Strode

aftertheplague

aftertheplague

Infected

• Members

I know right. I hope they met up with another dimension of grant again. 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

So i take it Grant is dead for realz yo!!!!

aftertheplague

aftertheplague

Infected

• Members

So i take it Grant is dead for realz yo!!!!

Your in for a treat!

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

Your in for a treat!

Thought this last issue was about as confusing as it was great! :P

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

I was definitely more confused than usual. I keep meaning to go back and see if cowboy Grant has our Grant's tattoos. I just refuse to give up on him...

aftertheplague

aftertheplague

Infected

• Members

I was definitely more confused than usual. I keep meaning to go back and see if cowboy Grant has our Grant's tattoos. I just refuse to give up on him...

he was wearing long sleeves so its hard to tell. guess we will have to wait and see.

The last one was pretty confusing, looks like Nate and his sister are captured. and "Cowboy" Grant seems to be going through different dimensions trying to kill all verison Kadir.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

he was wearing long sleeves so its hard to tell. guess we will have to wait and see.

The last one was pretty confusing, looks like Nate and his sister are captured. and "Cowboy" Grant seems to be going through different dimensions trying to kill all verison Kadir.

Was it Alt-Kadir that he killed or Alt-Grant? I'll have to go back and look, but I really thought it was the guy who was all wrapped up and unidentifiable, whom I'm assuming was another Grant.

aftertheplague

aftertheplague

Infected

• Members

Was it Alt-Kadir that he killed or Alt-Grant? I'll have to go back and look, but I really thought it was the guy who was all wrapped up and unidentifiable, whom I'm assuming was another Grant.

this comic makes my brain hurt lol still love it though.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

Ohmygodthatwasgood!

That last issue was so great. I like what knowing how long before the pillar jumps adds to the story. The pacing and art are frenetic enough, but knowing that entire issue took place in less than 15 minutes just makes it all the more incredible.

I love the new group and can't wait to see where they end up. the only pillar they have left is the broken one, so do they just have to wait until it lands in the centre of the onion? Can Cowboy Grant fix it? Maybe they save kidnapper Grant (I don't think he was quite dead yet, but there was so much going on I might have missed it) and they fix it together.

And I love love love that the Shaman has a brother named Blokk who used the pillar much like bug-Blokk is planning. We know there are infinite Grant and infinite Grant-team members. Why not infinite Shamans and infinite Blokks. Remember Block is behind it all in our universe as well. So where's our Shaman?

Is it Block or Grant at the centre of the onion?

THISCOMICISSOFUCKINGGOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrBlahg

MrBlahg

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

My goodness it's good to read some DreaM words again :) Missing that insight...

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!