Black Science

- - - - - Blacki Science Remender Image

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste
The second issue of this came out just before Christmas, and it was AWESOME. I had picked up the first one because I tend to get the first issue of everything Image. And it was good, but not really in my wheelhouse. But I thought my boyfriend would really love it, so I picked up issue two for him to read and of course read it myself. I am hooked. It was so very compelling, I couldn't wait to get from one panel to the next.

Has anyone else checked it out?

"Who is the mother fuckingest of all the mother fuckers? This girl!" - Petra, Legacy of Luther Strode

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
Read the first one and thought the art was great. Will def. check out #2

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

Read the first one and thought the art was great. Will def. check out #2

Yeah, it reminded me of Templesmith a little bit, without the weird colour saturation. The people all look really long and spider-y to me, and the creature-fish people were quite something. He did a good job of making them look both alien and human. Very expressive.

It is a science-punk story. I haven't quite pieced together what is going on, but there is a group of anarchist scientists, and they get lost jumping between worlds when thier machine is sabotaged. It almost has a quantum leap feel, or like the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon from when I was a child, where the main characters are trying to get home.

"Who is the mother fuckingest of all the mother fuckers? This girl!" - Petra, Legacy of Luther Strode

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I will be picking this up sometime this weekend !

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I picked up #1 today (2nd print), but they were out of #2 - I'll have to grab a digital copy. I have a ton of reading, but I'll chime in when I'm caught up.

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
Just read #2 and I liked it.
Here are my thoughts on the issue
Spoiler

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste
I liked that as well. There is a lot of potential here for the universes they will visit, and I think it is good that some are recognizable, like in issue two, where some are absolutely foriegn, like in issue 1. The best sci-fi tends to have some kind of social commentary, and they have given themselves an endless amount to choose from.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
I just done reading 1 and 2 and i really like this comic , some of the best art i have seen in quite sometime.

Rick Remender`s writing is great , everything he does is really good.

Fear Agent looks really good i am going to have to check that out cant believe i missed that one.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
I picked up Black Science #3 and the second printing of #2 this past Wed, so I am all caught up and really enjoying it. I like how our main character is pretty flawed, but still likeable. I'm definitely going to add this title to my pull list.

Like you guys mentioned, I think it's cool how some of the worlds/dimensions are somewhat recognizable and some are way out there - it kind of throws you off kilter, in a good way.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
I read #3 yesterday and i love this comic will definitely be adding this one to my pull list.

Like Gracie said the flaws in the characters really make this and interesting read.

So who sabotaged the pillar ?

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room

I read #3 yesterday and i love this comic will definitely be adding this one to my pull list.

Like Gracie said the flaws in the characters really make this and interesting read.

So who sabotaged the pillar ?

Grant's wife

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Thanks i know i missed something.....

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
I think he's just guessing, since I don't think we've seen the wife.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
I read way to much this weekend ..... Binge city.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste
I think Grant`s wife is a good guess, but at this point it could be anyone. They all kind of have reasons to do it. I love that the characters are all outcasts in some way, and I am looking forward to learning more about all of them. Khadir impressed me this issue, not only that he would put himself at risk to save the other two, but that he could be effective. I wonder how the mistress is going to deal with killing that soldier?

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

I think Grant`s wife is a good guess, but at this point it could be anyone. They all kind of have reasons to do it. I love that the characters are all outcasts in some way, and I am looking forward to learning more about all of them. Khadir impressed me this issue, not only that he would put himself at risk to save the other two, but that he could be effective. I wonder how the mistress is going to deal with killing that soldier?

Agreed on Khadir - I'm glad they backed off a tad from him being 100% hateable. I'm interested to see what goes down with Rebecca, as well. That was an incredibly tension-filled and brutal scene.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

Agreed on Khadir - I'm glad they backed off a tad from him being 100% hateable. I'm interested to see what goes down with Rebecca, as well. That was an incredibly tension-filled and brutal scene.

Thanks Gracie. I am so terrible with names.

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
Yeah, I'm just guessing that Grant's wife sabotaged the pillar since he was cheating on her.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

Yeah, I'm just guessing that Grant's wife sabotaged the pillar since he was cheating on her.

And based on what Pia says, I'm pretty sure the wife knows who he's cheating with. That is definately good motivation for her, but if that was the case wouldn't she have tried to keep the kids from going? I guess we don't know that she didn't.

I think it has to be someone who was in the building between the test run and the accidental run, and who knows enough about the machine to sabotage it in such a way that it still works.

(That being said, it could still be the wife (Sara?) and she just wanted to destroy the thing that helped destroy her marriage, not knowing it would still work and put her children in danger)

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

And based on what Pia says, I'm pretty sure the wife knows who he's cheating with. That is definately good motivation for her, but if that was the case wouldn't she have tried to keep the kids from going? I guess we don't know that she didn't.

I think it has to be someone who was in the building between the test run and the accidental run, and who knows enough about the machine to sabotage it in such a way that it still works.

(That being said, it could still be the wife (Sara?) and she just wanted to destroy the thing that helped destroy her marriage, not knowing it would still work and put her children in danger)

Yeah, I had kind of discounted the Sara theory because of the kids, and because I wouldn't really think she would have access to the pillar. I would think it had to be somebody on the inside, but I guess anything is possible.

I'm curious to know what was going on with Khadir and that phone call...

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

Yeah, I had kind of discounted the Sara theory because of the kids, and because I wouldn't really think she would have access to the pillar. I would think it had to be somebody on the inside, but I guess anything is possible.

I'm curious to know what was going on with Khadir and that phone call...

Yeah, this Mr. Block, I am very curious about. I have no basis for this, but suspect he will be the main bad guy. Although I don't think he knew the pillar was ready, so I don't think he was behind the sabotage.

There's just something off there.

aftertheplague

aftertheplague

Infected

• Members

Great comic. Can't wait to read it every month. SO good. The art is amazing. Truly cant say enough about it.

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room

I don't think the kids were supposed to make the jump. I think the pillar could have gone off accidentally so Sarah could have sabotaged it in some way. This is just a guess though

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I agree it seemed like they where not suppose to make the jump..........but why do they have suits then?

aftertheplague

aftertheplague

Infected

• Members

I agree it seemed like they where not suppose to make the jump..........but why do they have suits then?

Does it say in number 3, he was showing them the project he has been working on and why he hasnt been home in so long. So it was his company rules that if anyone goes near the pillar they have to wear the suits.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!