House Of Cards ( Netflix )

- - - - - netflix united states

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
The second season of House of Cards will be released on Netflix soon. It's a great series that's quick to catch up on. I know some people here watch the show so I thought I'd create a topic where we can discuss the second season

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
I haven't seen this show, but I have heard that it is very good. I'm going to try to start it before the second season begins.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
You can easily finish it in a weekend. Go for it

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
I am going to try to finish the remainder of LOST's first season before starting House of Cards. Damn it. There are too many drama series that I want to watch; Homeland, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, and LOST.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
Thought the first season was alright, the main drawback for me being that it dragged a lot within the middle of the season.

Still looking forward to trying out Season 2 though.

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
I thought spacey was made for this role. It was awesome. Loved the whole scheming aspect of the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrystalBabyGrimm

CrystalBabyGrimm

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
Love this show. I've always liked Kevin Spacey and he continues to impress in this drama. Rather clever writing as well.

"One more thing......he was an organ donor".

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Thought the first season was alright, the main drawback for me being that it dragged a lot within the middle of the season.

Still looking forward to trying out Season 2 though.

The plot definitely dragged at some points but I was always thoroughly entertained. Not to say the series is without its flaws, the biggest one being
Spoiler

Also, a certain moment nearly killed the series for me
Spoiler

Oh, and I hate Zoey Barnes. I'm usually VERY tolerable of "annoying" female characters on TV but goddamn...I hate her so much. She's such an entitled child

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
I haven't watched any of this, but I'm done with Game of Thrones now, so I'm looking for another binge show. Would you recommend House of Cards over Homeland?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I'd recommend Homeland over it but House of Cards is easier to binge, and there's only one season. I got bored with Homeland like 3 episodes into Season 3 so I dropped it until the season ended and binged it. It was MUCH better and I'm glad with the direction the show is going now, even though there are a lot of missteps along the way. There's a certain plotline in Season 3 that I fucking hate and I thought the show would get rid of it but they haven't. Oh well

Summarize: Homeland is better but House of Cards is faster

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Thanks. I'll probably just watch Homeland in that case. I'm still curious as all hell how Damian Lewis could ever beat Bryan Cranston out for an Emmy when he submitted Crawl Space.

On the other hand, Kevin Spacey fucking rules and I want to see him acting again, so maybe I'll just watch the pilots for both shows and then decide on which to watch.

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
Netflix is loading House of Cards on 2/14/14. I like the way the whole season is loaded at one time and I can watch it however I want.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Season Premiere Spoiler

Spoiler

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football
Dudes and dudettes Season 2 is just as good as season one IMO. Last ep is awesome. Great "surprises". Enjoy I know I did.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

Walker_Bait

Walker_Bait

Biter

• Members

I liked Season Two a little bit more. The episodes felt more self contained (which I prefer). Also, I could empathize with more characters this time around.

The season premiere was a shocker!

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I'm still getting chills from that final shot

This was probably one of the best Seasons of television I've ever seen. Well done, Kevin Spacey

If they have four seasons, there'll be 52 episodes, just like a deck of cards

Spoiler

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members

I've almost completed Season one. So far, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. 

Random, I know, but I just noticed that Doug Stamper is the played by the same actor that plays the drunken, abusive father from the film Chronicle. I knew I recognized him from somewhere.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football
Top notch.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
In one season 2 now and FU is my type of dude.

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members

Just completed the first episode of Season 2. Now excuse me while I continue to search for my jaw. I know I dropped it on the floor around here somewhere...

CrystalBabyGrimm

CrystalBabyGrimm

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
Just finished season 2 and holy crap. I really didnt think it would be as good as season one. Holy hell I was wrong. I liked season one because we got to meet the characters and discover how ruthless some were. Now we get to season two and its Frank putting out fire after fire. I felt like I held by breath the whole time. Great show, great acting, and great writing.

My favorite quote comes from Claire.
"I've done what I had to do, Now you do your part... Seduce him. Give him your heart. Cut it out and put it in his fucking hand."

"One more thing......he was an organ donor".

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
Just finished season 2 and holy crap. I really didnt think it would be as good as season one. Holy hell I was wrong. I liked season one because we got to meet the characters and discover how ruthless some were. Now we get to season two and its Frank putting out fire after fire. I felt like I held by breath the whole time. Great show, great acting, and great writing. My favorite quote comes from Claire. "I've done what I had to do, Now you do your part... Seduce him. Give him your heart. Cut it out and put it in his fucking hand." I'm about three episodes from finishing the 2 season

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members

Just finished season 2 and holy crap. I really didnt think it would be as good as season one. Holy hell I was wrong. I liked season one because we got to meet the characters and discover how ruthless some were. Now we get to season two and its Frank putting out fire after fire. I felt like I held by breath the whole time. Great show, great acting, and great writing. My favorite quote comes from Claire. "I've done what I had to do, Now you do your part... Seduce him. Give him your heart. Cut it out and put it in his fucking hand." I'm about three episodes from finishing the 2 season

Deja vu...

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
Finished the second season and all I can say is I want more. Francis underwood is now become one my favorite fictional heroes.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Finished the second season and all I can say is I want more. Francis underwood is now become one my favorite fictional heroes.

Hero?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!