General ( A Q For All Seasons And All Thing Twd )

general

Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Infected

• Members
A late bloomer; I came to TWD during this marathon week-end on AMC. ( the greater truth be known, the announcement of the marathon caused me to look at my Netflix streaming options and found it there; allowing me more options with no commercials )

The R and L forum is providing me insight into what others think about all things TWD. Since I'm still on the third season I'm posting here but some questions and thoughts that I have are not all specific to season. Yes I do have season specific questions and thoughts and possible replies to other members comments which date back to the original air date; that said ( at least so far ) no one seasons to have opened the crypt on posts from 2012 for instance. All this leads to my wondering why not have a General Q&A topic? I don't think I will now read the comics mostly because I was never a comic book kinda guy; but who knows what lies ahead? [RS]

Noticing my own metamorphosis while watching [PI] I see this suggestion being similar to it.

I'm wondering if anyone else had a similar evolution and as much as I have been Njoying perusing the seasons I'm not sure if I'm doing it in research mode; it's more like skimming.....

Looking forward to your thoughts + and -

HH

Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Infected

• Members
Fittingly I respond to my self, here, today....I don't know what will come in the future-now in this moment, but as I think it now while just finishing S3 E13. I think for the first time that I want to watch this episode again for a few lines, a few subtleties that I allowed to pass without jotting them down. [ note: I saw my self characterized in a play once as the person who takes a note pad to a movie or a play and jots things down ]
I do that often; not all the time, certainly not today while alone in my lair streaming on my personal HD large screen LCD. But as I was watching, those few things that tend to jump out at me that I notate when the time is right were not missed but allowed to pass by without using those things that I use to capture moments like that to think about and perhaps to savor at another time.

So, for instance, while sitting across from each other at the negotiating table, towards the end of said " negotiations " the governor tells Rick what he wants [Michonne ] "to keep your son and daughter alive" ( later posed to Hershel by Rick just at the end of the episode ); the governor says to Rick these few words ( from memory ) " I don't care about you....."

Through this whole marathon I have noticed and notated lines that to me are either great writing or at least significant clues about human nature ( good or bad ) that I see changing overtime.

There is something about " change " that is not well understood by the masses. To me so far this theory is not only holding true but is playing out in such a way that presents aspects not quite considered by me before this experience.

Experience Effects Change

Experience Affects Change

Affect Effects Affect Effects Effects Effects Affect.....='s The Human Condition. JMHO

Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Infected

• Members
Did my bright idea come back and bite me?

Netflix only provided 3 seasons. The AMC marathon ended and I have no clue if the first half of season 4 was included. Does anyone know how I might watch those season 4 episodes TODAY?

AMC on demand only offers XTRA's

AMC.com offered a 25 minute episode of what they called S4 E1. The only familiar character was they Hyundi car that may not be the same car the is used by the Grimes_mobile.

This is the kinda stuff that can turn a person bad. :ph34r2:

kataurmayor

kataurmayor

Lurker

• Members
Hey steppenwolf, glad that see new users along with theories and perspectives. anyway to answer your question yes the marathon included the first half of s4.. sry that u missed it not sure if they will have another marathon but they usually so before thw second half picks up. if u really cant wait theres always itunes,googleplay and other ways to watch. Anyway get caught up and join up in all the discussions. peace n good luck

kataurmayor

kataurmayor

Lurker

• Members
Btw that 25 min thing is actually a webisode. their canon to the actual show but can be entertianing as well. theres 3 sets of webisodes i believe which u can watch as well

Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Infected

• Members

Btw that 25 min thing is actually a webisode. their canon to the actual show but can be entertianing as well. theres 3 sets of webisodes i believe which u can watch as well

Thanks for the inside word kataurmayor and the wc.I found 8 episodes on Amazon. They want 1.99 a show; not that I won't pay to catch-up but it seems like a business decision to pull the On Demand and charge for the last 8 when they just gave it away. At some point after catching up I'll more than likely risk what I really think. ;-)>

kataurmayor

kataurmayor

Lurker

• Members
Np steppenwolf.. dont forget you also have the many *cough*streaming sites*cough* ;) out there. thats wat i do when i wanna rewatch.

Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Infected

• Members

Np steppenwolf.. dont forget you also have the many *cough*streaming sites*cough* ;) out there. thats wat i do when i wanna rewatch.

\
"cough" streaming? No idea what that is or means. How about suggesting one for me to look at? Thanks again

Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Infected

• Members
SECRETS, or whatever they are; secretive perhaps.

Secrets are part of human nature. That temptation exists to not keep and sometimes not respect a request to keep them; once again is part of being human; at least it is where i have lived and as i have experienced life in this world at this place and time. That said, i am noticing, or at least i think i am noticing that secrets ( that are not always mentioned that way with that term ) are happening more often with/in each character. Maybe it's just me examining aspects of communication between the living. If there is a thread of truth in that comment then it begs to be examined more closely. If there is a thread of truth in those last few words that form a sentence

Certainly clans ( families ) need to keep details and information to themself and not be so quick to tell people who find their way to the group or members of the group come upon other living HB's ( Human Beings ) All of that said i think i am noticing, or so it seems to me, that experience is teaching each individual to withhold certain information or to out and out lie about certain things. I have not found a word to hone in on one type or kind of information that gets held back. Since I have moved forward yet to the real season 4 and was just made aware of the webisodes by kat....mayor, i am thinking about going back and pick a few episodes to watch again;. S1E1 for sure.

Maybe a few of you who have been in the mix from the beginning, maybe started R&L or you're a moderator or an aficionado,

This question can also be used to support my suggestion to have a separate folder in The Walking Dead TV Series section since this is a a good example of a question that might work under any of the season folders but might work better in one marked "General". Besides commenting on the subject : SECRETS you might want to comment on the subject of a new folder here for GENERAL .

Since i'm a newbie i know there can be resentment that I'm already looking for change here. Whatever happens it will tell me and others a lot about US including the subject that has us all here like loud noise attracts TWD ; at least that is what i think now.

Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Infected

• Members
Check this last attempt to edit my post:

You do not have permission to edit this topic What is up with that???

kataurmayor

kataurmayor

Lurker

• Members
Well just type movie4k into google. thats wat i use. or tubeplus n type the walking dead they have every episode. not sure if the mods would approve of this info but im tryna help u out. not sure if these sites work outside the US so there u go.

Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf

Infected

• Members

Well just type movie4k into google. thats wat i use. or tubeplus n type the walking dead they have every episode. not sure if the mods would approve of this info but im tryna help u out. not sure if these sites work outside the US so there u go.

The good news is the cable company put the season four episodes back on On Demand so I'm all caught up. Thanks for the tip though!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!