Under The Comic Covers Podcast - The Walking Dead -And More- Comic Review

* * * * * 3 The Walking Dead comic review podcast

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Final_FB_Banner_zps78662c4c.jpg

Update: Mr. Blahg and I have now split off of The Walking Dead 'Cast to release Under the Comic Covers as our own podcast. We will record weekly, and in addition to The Walking Dead, we will cover several other of our favorite indie comic series, such as Saga, Revival, Chew, Sex Criminals, and more. We will still join Jason and Karen on their show for the Comic Talk segment.

You can send comments/questions/feedback to:

feedback@utccovers.com

or call 678-796-UTCC (8822)

Webpage on Tumblr: underthecomiccovers.com

- Episodes page

Facebook: Under the Comic Covers

Twitter: @UtCCovers

iTunes

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
Yes! Going to listen right now. Helps with the work day. Feedback soon!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
SWEEEEEEET

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
Awesome! 45mins of Walking Dead comic talk!

Cool episode. I liked the comparisons to the faction leaders to real-world politicians and what the people expect from them.

Idk, I liked the Knight guards at the Kingdom and I liked Shiva too. Even though Walking Dead is a comic we don't often get many "comic-ie" moments like that. Things like the Knight guards and Shiva keep things a little light hearted with all the other heavy stuff going on. I think that is why I like Dwight so much. He just comes off as awesome comic book villain because of ironed face. I love it.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
Thanks, SPRATT. I know Shiva won a lot of people over - I'm just stubborn. I don't think I could ever come to like the knights and the kingdom speak, though. I'd take Shiva any day over that stuff. I was so glad when they dropped it. I've totally done a 180 on Ezekiel, for sure. I didn't care for him at all when he was first introduced.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
Mr. Blahg and I now have our own email address. If you have any comments, questions, or feedback, you can contact us at:

comics@walkingdeadcast.com

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Thanks for answering my questions!

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

Thanks for answering my questions!

Thanks for taking the time to write in, Monroe. We really, really appreciate it. :)

I encourage other people to write in, as well. If not now, then after #119 is released.

Thanks again!

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫
I like it.

A bit disappointed you havent talked about how fucking awesome RL and Koibito-senpai is.

Just saying, it could make for a good discussion next Podcast.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
Wow! It's like you read our minds, Koibito! Spooky...

:)

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫
Oooooooh, i like what you are insinuating.

But still...let me guess. Next podcast is gonna be ALL about the Koibito and his contributions to the fandom, isnt it?

If it is, I'am ready for my closeup.

Spoiler

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
Just a heads up that we have a new Twitter acct.

@UtCCovers

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
We will record tomorrow (Thurs) evening, so send us your comments/questions on TWD #119 before then. I'd love to be able to read/play some feedback from my fellow R&Lers. :)

email: comics@walkingdeadcast.com

Twitter: @UtCCovers

Voicemail (right side of screen)

or call (650) 485-DEAD / (650) 485-3323

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Just sent a question in!

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

Just sent a question in!

Got it! Thanks, Monroe. :)

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
Record already!!! :)

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
Heh. :P We recorded on Thurs night.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be posted until Wed. Jason is releasing an episode today or tomorrow and wants to space out the episodes a bit, I think.

I'm hoping the other episodes can be released soon after the issue is released, though.

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
Much love.

I listen to podcast while I'm taping or sanding or painting

I do kustom paint

So I like to listen to you guys :)

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football
I do that when painting models ;)

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I am all caught up and the show has been great so far.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
It's fun hearing where/how you guys listen.

Thanks, PT. :)

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
The new episode is up!

Episode 129: TWD Issue #119

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
Listening now very awesome

http://www.ReadTheWalkingDead.com

For Collectors, By Collectors.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I'm busy today. I have to wait until tomorrow :(

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
Hahaha, "man tears"!

http://www.ReadTheWalkingDead.com

For Collectors, By Collectors.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!