Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 1

Walking dead

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

In the "Next time on TWD..." thing, you can see Nick back at the cabin if you save Pete. He makes it back

Hmm, you sure man? I looked really carefully for him in my second play through, and there was no sign of him during that part.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Hmm, you sure man? I looked really carefully for him in my second play through, and there was no sign of him during that part.

I could be wrong but I'm still going to stick to my guns and say that Nick will live regardless of the choice

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

I could be wrong but I'm still going to stick to my guns and say that Nick will live regardless of the choice

I think you're right. I definitely caught a glimpse of Nick's trademark hat, in both the save Pete and save Nick scenario. I like him, anyways. He's the new Kenny.

SuperNeos2

SuperNeos2

Lurker

• Members

I think you're right. I definitely caught a glimpse of Nick's trademark hat, in both the save Pete and save Nick scenario. I like him, anyways. He's the new Kenny.

No one can replace Kenny! Never, lol :)

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
This episode did confirm my worry for the series. When I played as Lee, I was making the choices I would make. Now, I'm sure if I played as Lee in this episode, I would've made the same major choices (besides giving the guy water. If I had known he wouldn't say anything, I wouldn't give him any water as Lee, but still would as Clementine) but the little dialogue ones would've been a lot different. I'm sure I wouldn't have said "Whose baby is it?"

I still like playing as Clem. I just feel like my choices down the road are going to be trying to prevent Clem from becoming a monster even if it's not the "right" choice. When I played as Lee, I felt like I was protecting Clementine, not myself. When I was playing as Clementine, I felt like I'm a ghost trying to protect Clementine

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

This episode did confirm my worry for the series. When I played as Lee, I was making the choices I would make. Now, I'm sure if I played as Lee in this episode, I would've made the same major choices (besides giving the guy water. If I had known he wouldn't say anything, I wouldn't give him any water as Lee, but still would as Clementine) but the little dialogue ones would've been a lot different. I'm sure I wouldn't have said "Whose baby is it?"

I still like playing as Clem. I just feel like my choices down the road are going to be trying to prevent Clem from becoming a monster even if it's not the "right" choice. When I played as Lee, I felt like I was protecting Clementine, not myself. When I was playing as Clementine, I felt like I'm a ghost trying to protect Clementine

Not for me, I was still making the choices I would make. Lee was a major influence to Clementine, so it's only natural that she is almost like an evolution to Lee.
But hey, I guess it's different for everyone...

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

Not for me, I was still making the choices I would make. Lee was a major influence to Clementine, so it's only natural that she is almost like an evolution to Lee.

Well said. I still feel like these are my decisions too.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I disagree

With Lee, I wasn't really concerned with losing my humanity. I was more concerned with Clementine losing her's.

With Clementine, I'm still concerned with losing mine. I don't want her to get darker. I want her to stay my Clem

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
I think the choices with Clementine are so much more interesting than Lee's. Seeing where the mind of a child goes in a situation like this is much more interesting than a grown mans. You can see Lee's influence in her and now it's our duty to carry what she learned from him onto her own life... I like it a lot.

I didn't like being separated from Christa at first but now I'm kind of digging it. It will give Clem the biggest opportunity to grow and we're controlling her as she does that... We couldn't have done anything like that with Lee.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

I think the choices with Clementine are so much more interesting than Lee's. Seeing where the mind of a child goes in a situation like this is much more interesting than a grown mans. You can see Lee's influence in her and now it's our duty to carry what she learned from him onto her own life... I like it a lot.

I didn't like being separated from Christa at first but now I'm kind of digging it. It will give Clem the biggest opportunity to grow and we're controlling her as she does that... We couldn't have done anything like that with Lee.

Agreed on all points. I do hope we see Christa again though, it would suck for her to show up dead, or just stay missing.

"There's no "I" in team" 

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members

Agreed on all points. I do hope we see Christa again though, it would suck for her to show up dead, or just stay missing.

I agree, I meant to add that to my post. I'm digging her disappearance for a short while, but definitely want her to come back alive and well to a new, mature, independent version of the little girl she left behind.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I think the choices with Clementine are so much more interesting than Lee's. Seeing where the mind of a child goes in a situation like this is much more interesting than a grown mans. You can see Lee's influence in her and now it's our duty to carry what she learned from him onto her own life... I like it a lot

I don't know if you played it episodic last year but people would debate the right and wrong choices in the breaks between every episode. There was a lot of controversy

Besides Pete and Nick, that isn't present here. Everybody made pretty much the same choices and even the statistics showed that over 90% of people made the same decision for some choices. The highest it got was a little over 80% last year

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

I don't know if you played it episodic last year but people would debate the right and wrong choices in the breaks between every episode. There was a lot of controversy

Besides Pete and Nick, that isn't present here. Everybody made pretty much the same choices and even the statistics showed that over 90% of people made the same decision for some choices. The highest it got was a little over 80% last year

Telltale said that was a problem with the early episodes of the first season, too. I'm sure if they noticed that, they'll notice this and try make more conflicting choices.
Even if they don't notice, though, I'm sure the choices in future episodes will be conflicting, anyways.

"There's no "I" in team" 

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
^^^^^^^ I think Nazacuckoo is right. I've been watching my sister play the game over the past few days and in the first episode, the only "choice" that wasn't one-sided was saving Duck or Shawn. I think 49% saved Duck and 51% saved Shawn.

Have faith! The first season was awesome and if that's "what confirms your worry for this series," there could be a lot worse things to complain about. I say hold onto hope because it could have been A LOT worse.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

^^^^^^^ I think Nazacuckoo is right. I've been watching my sister play the game over the past few days and in the first episode, the only "choice" that wasn't one-sided was saving Duck or Shawn. I think 49% saved Duck and 51% saved Shawn.

Have faith! The first season was awesome and if that's "what confirms your worry for this series," there could be a lot worse things to complain about. I say hold onto hope because it could have been A LOT worse.

Yeah, have faith. No point in worrying.

"There's no "I" in team" 

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

None of the choices were as high as 90% in the first episode, though. None were even as high as 80%. The highest was the Doug/Carley choice and that was like 75/25

It's not a big deal to me because the choices didn't matter in the long run anyway. I'm just saying that 3 out of the 5 choices in this episode were incredibly one-sided, one was very one-sided, and one was almost even

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members
It's definitely not time to start running for the hills on season 2 yet. Some of the decisions may have been really one sided, but I feel like the first episode's story was very well written. Personally I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and didn't see most of the twists besides Omid's death.

This is the first episode of five. I would be willing to bet TellTale has some very fucked up decisions ahead of us. I share you concern for the integrity of the episodes though, jesus. I had some major issues with season 1. Both technical and with the story. Seeing this first episode though has given me some hope and feeling pretty excited to take this ride TT has in store for us.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I'm not running for the hills yet. I'm actually very optimistic (though I was pissed at Omid's death from a story standpoint. It didn't make much sense to me). Out of all 7 episodes (including 400 Days), this is probably my 3rd or 4th favorite. I'm not sure. So far, I'd rate it

2>3>4>6>400 Days>1>5 OR 2>3>6>4>400 Days>1>5

I'm not sure. Episodes 1 and 5 can also be interchangeable. I don't think Episode 6 is bad by any means. I was just saying that I think having people play as Clementine was an issue because it would limit the scope of our choices, and I think I'm right considering how one-sided the decisions thus far are. None of the decisions up to this point were like that

I think I'm just a bit pessimistic considering last year. Trust me when I say that I was a crazy big fan of season one. I was ready to call it one of the best games of all time until episode 5 came out. It ruined it for me. It didn't ruin the entire game and I still remembered the journey with fondness, but I never replayed the game afterwards or replayed episode 5

Our choices DON'T matter. I still love the story but the choices affecting the outcome was a big selling point for me previously.I know it would be ridiculous to expect 55 amount of possibilities for the story but it does affect the way I react to each episode. I remember after episode 2, I was arguing with a friend over whether or not killing Larry was the right call. Either way, Lily gets left behind. The only difference is that if you don't murder him, Kenny's an asshole. Stealing the food from the car? The guy at the end is pissed at you either way. Save Pete or Nick? Nick lives in both situations (probably). I'm actually going to put some money down and say that Pete will die either way, episode 3 at the latest.

Season 2 is fantastic. Don't get me wrong. I just can't get as excited for the future and debate the Pete/Nick choice when I know the choice will be scrubbed away in the future

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
Regardless of whether or not we are able to debate choices, there is still lots to discuss from the episode. It's a great series with a lot of moral issues.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Regardless of whether or not we are able to debate choices, there is still lots to discuss from the episode. It's a great series with a lot of moral issues.

That's something I won't debate

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

I'm not sure. Episodes 1 and 5 can also be interchangeable. I don't think Episode 6 is bad by any means. I was just saying that I think having people play as Clementine was an issue because it would limit the scope of our choices, and I think I'm right considering how one-sided the decisions thus far are. None of the decisions up to this point were like that

I think I'm just a bit pessimistic considering last year. Trust me when I say that I was a crazy big fan of season one. I was ready to call it one of the best games of all time until episode 5 came out. It ruined it for me. It didn't ruin the entire game and I still remembered the journey with fondness, but I never replayed the game afterwards or replayed episode 5

Our choices DON'T matter. I still love the story but the choices affecting the outcome was a big selling point for me previously.I know it would be ridiculous to expect 55 amount of possibilities for the story but it does affect the way I react to each episode. I remember after episode 2, I was arguing with a friend over whether or not killing Larry was the right call. Either way, Lily gets left behind. The only difference is that if you don't murder him, Kenny's an asshole. Stealing the food from the car? The guy at the end is pissed at you either way. Save Pete or Nick? Nick lives in both situations (probably). I'm actually going to put some money down and say that Pete will die either way, episode 3 at the latest.

I hear you. When i read " this game is tailored to how you play" I thought my decisions would have a much greater impact. Now that I am aware of what TT's interpretation of "tailored" is, it's easy for me to go in the season and know what to expect now. I no longer view the games as a pure adventure game. More of just a playable movie.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
I think because of the complaints about season 1, we need to give Telltale a chance to redeem themselves in that area. I'm sure they won't have it be exactly the same as last season where we all end up with the same characters being alive/choices won't matter because they heard what people had to say.

We're barely into season 2 and everyone is already jumping to conclusions. We have NO idea what to expect or what is to come. If this was the 4th or 5th season of the series and every single season made it clear that choices don't matter, I could see us talking about this.. but come on.. give them a chance.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
If Season 2 is the last season, then I can see choices mattering. If we have a Season 3...I don't see the choices mattering being likely

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

If Season 2 is the last season, then I can see choices mattering. If we have a Season 3...I don't see the choices mattering being likely

I hope that season 2 isn't the last season... Man that would suck.

"There's no "I" in team" 

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

I hope that season 2 isn't the last season... Man that would suck.

agreed.

I think because of the complaints about season 1, we need to give Telltale a chance to redeem themselves in that area. I'm sure they won't have it be exactly the same as last season where we all end up with the same characters being alive/choices won't matter because they heard what people had to say.

We're barely into season 2 and everyone is already jumping to conclusions. We have NO idea what to expect or what is to come. If this was the 4th or 5th season of the series and every single season made it clear that choices don't matter, I could see us talking about this.. but come on.. give them a chance.

farswell17, just curious, did you follow the season 1 as it came out? Last season's release was a complete cluster fuck. Not only were they not able to keep their monthly release date promise, but the glitches were so bad that it caused players to have all of their data erased.

I share your sentiments about giving TT another chance because I'm right there with you, but last seasons issues are definitely lingering in the back of my head. Let's just hope they've fixed all of the complaints.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!