Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 1

Walking dead

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Discuss "All That Remains" here. Spoilers for episode 1 are fair game

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
They made me kill a dog. I hate you, TellTale.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫
O-omid....

NOOOOooooOOOOOOOOOOOO

Man, fuck you Telltale. Why must you hurt us so?

First you kill off my main-bro from Season 1 in FUCKING MINUTES, then you make us kill a FUCKING DOG?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TELLTAAAAALEEEEEEEEE???!!!!

But.....man, gotta give it to them, this was one hell of a first episode. Makes me both nervous and excited as fuck for future episodes

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
It was absolutely amazing, and looking at the title cards for the other episodes(especially #4) this is going to be great. And who do you think will appear in episode 2 that Clem thought was dead? Christa? Kenny(still haven't forgiven you for that look-a-like, Telltale)? Lilly?

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
Has to be Kenny.

Or...rather i WANT it to be him. Because i want to see EVIL Kenny.

And who gives a fuck about Lilly?

She shot my ship in the face. LITERALLY IN THE FACE.

Alos, wasnt it rumored that she was one of the zombies seen in the trailer. No jaw, one eye, on the ground? It damn well looked like here....despite having little to no real face.

Cant find a screenshot, but the trailer is still up on YT, so go check it out again.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
I also must say that i was wrong.

I was betting Pete would be an evil guy. He looked so much like one, i was sure of it

Turns out he's actually a rather decent guy. Heck, probably my favorite, aside from Luke.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

They made me kill a dog. I hate you, TellTale.

I was part of the 5% on ps3 that let that rotten mutt suffer. I even played fetch with him!

Amazing episode though...really enjoyed Clem's hammer time kill in the shed. I felt like it was a nice nod to Lee's kill in episode 1.

SkeezyMak

SkeezyMak

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDelaware, USA
Just finished it, and damn that was fun. Clementine is a BEAST! Im also thinking it's Kenny in the preview for next episode. Also, only me and 24% of others went with the bitten dude at the end!? The other guy was a wuss.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Do they clarify in any dialogue choices whether they're going to Wellington, Kansas, or Florida?

Only things that bothered me this episode

-Time Jumps (though to be fair, this didn't bother me as much as other time jumps)

-They killed Omid! (This could be soon as a good thing in later episodes, but I got kind of pissed, especially the way it was done)

-The ending was too abrupt. All of the episodes thus far have provided a satisfying ending that concludes the story but leaves you yearning for more. I guess they did have somewhat of a conclusion earlier, but it was still weird

-Bite arguments always bother me in zombie movies. People usually die before they turn. It's not like Clementine was a ticking time bomb that would suddenly poof into a zombie and bite someone. It could've been handled

And just wondering, is the game now past the comic timeline-wise?

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Now, let's get to the meat of it. Choices!

-I didn't give the girl my hat

-I didn't burn the picture of Lee

-I tried to distract the scavengers from Christa

-I offered food to the dog

-I killed the dog

-I appealed to Pete (while the group was arguing)

-I told Sarah we could be friends

-I accepted Nick's apology

-I told Luke about Lee

-I asked Rebecca, "Whose baby is it?" (Felt bad about this one but whatever)

-I gave the dying man water

-I went with Pete

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

And just wondering, is the game now past the comic timeline-wise?

I think it's about...when
Spoiler

That said, all i really know is that the prsion arc has passed.

EazyZ

EazyZ

Infected

• Members

I was part of the 5% on ps3 that let that rotten mutt suffer. I even played fetch with him!

Amazing episode though...really enjoyed Clem's hammer time kill in the shed. I felt like it was a nice nod to Lee's kill in episode 1.

There were a lot of nods to Lee. When she had to kill that walker that was stuck to the tree that had the knife in his shoulder. It was reminiscent of when Lee had to kill his zombified brother in episode 1.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

There were a lot of nods to Lee. When she had to kill that walker that was stuck to the tree that had the knife in his shoulder. It was reminiscent of when Lee had to kill his zombified brother in episode 1.

Yeah TT did an amazing job on this episode. I can not wait to find out who Clem is talking to at the end of the episode. Anyone know the release date for the next episode?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

[size=4]

Yeah TT did an amazing job on this episode. I can not wait to find out who Clem is talking to at the end of the episode. Anyone know the release date for the next episode?

Probably in February, but don't take my word for it

I'm hoping the person she was talking to was Lily. I'd much rather have her over Kenny

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

Probably in February, but don't take my word for it

I'm hoping the person she was talking to was Lily. I'd much rather have her over Kenny

Why would you rather have her, man?

SHE SHOT THE FANDOM'S SHIP IN THE FACE, MAN. I GAVE HER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT WHEN SHE GREW MORE AND MORE UNSTABLE, BECAUSE SHE DID SAVE ME AT THE FARM, BUT FUCK WHOEVER SHOOTS DOWN A SHIP LIKE THAT.

SHE MUST SUFFEEEEEER.

*clears throat*

Sorry, i get emotional when i talk about lost ships.

Also, it IS Kenny.

As Omid and Christa ''saw'' Kenny's ''death'' and they did meet up again with Clem, it makes more sense for it to be him, as they wouldve said that he died.

Lilly is unknown, and Clementine dont have a reason to think Lilly IS dead or alive, as she doesnt even know where she is, IF she is still alive.

Kenny however, as far as she knows, ''died''. So when she says '' I thought you were dead '' it makes more sense than for it to be Lilly.

Also, with Telltale saying that Kenny's fate will be explored, it doesnt point to anyone else.

At the very least, Christa.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I'm aware of the Kenny theories and the logic behind it, but having it be Lilly would be better because she's a more interesting character and it opens potential for more story lines

Telltale knows we think Kenny is alive, which is exactly why I don't think it's him. I don't think they'd tease that in the promo and they'd rather surprise us

EazyZ

EazyZ

Infected

• Members
And there were a lot of parallels to her and Lee.
Clementine ends up alone at the beginning due to an accident that resulted in her being knocked unconscious, as did Lee.
She ended up severely injured in her limb, and had to fend off a few walkers in that condition, as did Lee.
She ends up being threatened by a man who tells her to stay away from his daughter, the exact same demand made to Lee by Larry.
Clementine has to choose whether to save Pete or Nick, like Lee had to with Carley and Doug.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
The way Clementine killed the walker tied to the tree was also similar to the way Lee killed his brother

The way Clementine killed the shed walker was similar to how he killed her babysitter

EazyZ

EazyZ

Infected

• Members

The way Clementine killed the walker tied to the tree was also similar to the way Lee killed his brother

The way Clementine killed the shed walker was similar to how he killed her babysitter

I said that the way Clementine killed the walker tied to the tree was the way Lee killed his brother...

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I said that the way Clementine killed the walker tied to the tree was the way Lee killed his brother...

My bad. I only read the above post

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members
Its Elvis.

Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard

Roamer

• Members
It has to be either Kenny or Christa when it comes down to it. Telltale, despite their "Your choices will affect the game" boast doesn't change the story all that much no matter what you did. So, if you didn't leave Lilly on the side of the road and she stole the RV... what possible reason would Clem think she was dead. I hope its Kenny, and he's really the only one that makes sense besides Christa. Wouldn't it be pretty lackluster if it was Christa? I'll be highly dissapointed. And Telltale did say they would explore Kenny's fate, and the dialogue around Kenny's (Alley) death left it very open ended. We shall see.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members
I think it's Christa.
Also, I thought that was Vince in the preview at first. Not sure it is after a second look though. Damn :sad:

EazyZ

EazyZ

Infected

• Members

It has to be either Kenny or Christa when it comes down to it. Telltale, despite their "Your choices will affect the game" boast doesn't change the story all that much no matter what you did. So, if you didn't leave Lilly on the side of the road and she stole the RV... what possible reason would Clem think she was dead. I hope its Kenny, and he's really the only one that makes sense besides Christa. Wouldn't it be pretty lackluster if it was Christa? I'll be highly dissapointed. And Telltale did say they would explore Kenny's fate, and the dialogue around Kenny's (Alley) death left it very open ended. We shall see.

Yeah. that's the word I was looking for, lackluster. It would be extremely lackluster and disappointing if it was Christa. I think it would be better if it was Lily though. And she does have a reason to believe she's dead. When you leave her behind, she said she'll die out there. But if you bring her and she steals the RV, there is still reason. Because most people would think someone would die if being out there by themselves, right? And it's understandable to assume so. And I assume who Clementine thought is dead, killed all of the people that we saw at the end. It kinda reminded me of the TV show when the governor killed the soldiers and especially when he killed all of his people.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Wow. I think Clementine and Sarah's relationship is going to be very interesting. I hope Clementine toughens her up. I liked the pinky swear thing that they did. It shows how much Clem has grown.

I saved Pete. Nick was basically useless, so I took the risk.

Christa better turn up again. If she's dead I'll be pissed. I really want there to be other survivors besides Clem from season 1.

I'm assuming we know what happened to Christa's baby, but I hope we get more detail/intel on the baby's death.

I'm probably in the minority but I hope Kenny is dead. They've done a good job of making this game pretty realistic, so if Kenny shows up again I'd probably roll my eyes because it'd just be Telltale appealing to the fans.

Finally, I've taken no shit from Rebecca. I asked her whose baby it was and have been mean back to her just as she was to me. Though I do like her snarkiness and hope her and Clem become on good terms down the road.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!