Is This Season's Writing Bad Or Okay?

- - - - -

ArtooFeva

ArtooFeva

Infected

• Members
While I hate Glen Mazzara with a passion for killing off some great characters I have to admit the writing for scenes and the suspense in Season 3 were a lot better.

This season we were promised character development, but it really doesn't seem that deep yet and its being rushed along by the plot. It seems like with the whole first half they were thinking, "Okay we have to destroy the prison, kill off this community and then kill off the Governor." While its good in theory it basically caused this half of the season to jump all over the place.

First we got the disease killing people off, then somebody feeding the walkers which throws them to the fences, then the group is weakened since they have to go get medicine. All of these are just plot events and seem to be much more important than the characters. We get a little bit here with Carol and some subtle things like Bob's drinking problem and Lizzie's possible psychopathy, but overall character development is kind of thrown aside.

So far I'd rate the writing as okay since some of these plot events had to happen regardless of character development. Plus as people familiar with the comic know only 2 really important things happen in the long span between this point and the next huge event in the story.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
We have a few threads that discuss that topic. Here's one and here is another. Feel free to join in on any of the discussions. :zombiethumbsup:

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!