Roamer

• Members
  • 720 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh!
Posted Image

The Walking Dead Issue 123
Release Date: March 12, 2014
"Whose side is Dwight REALLY on?"

Edited by I_Follow_You_Axel, 20 December 2013 - 02:58 PM.

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members
  • 238 posts
I sense a troll cover....

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Zombie Herder

• Members
  • 12,337 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Yeah cause clearly Rick is still alive on the cover of 124 is Dwight was going to doublecross rick, someone is gonna get the jump on him.

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • 720 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh!

Yeah cause clearly Rick is still alive on the cover of 124 is Dwight was going to doublecross rick, someone is gonna get the jump on him.

It's a troll cover for sure. I think at the beginning of the issue, Kirkman will make it seem like Dwight is going to betray Rick by the end but then he ends up saving his life or something.

I really hope Dwight doesn't become a traitor, we already had that with Martinez back during the days of the Governor. I know that was a long time ago...but I don't want to see it again. For once I want to see someone who is perceived to be bad, turn out to be good.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

SPRATT

SPRATT

Infected

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
Dwight for President!

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUnder the sea ♪♫
Why have President Dwight when you can have Dwight Santa?

Dwight Santa is afterall Dwight's final form.

Bringing christmas cheer throughout the ZA. One arrow though the noggin at a time. Posted Image

Edited by Koibito, 11 December 2013 - 09:28 PM.

103px-Symbol_serpent.png

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Zombie Herder

• Members
  • 12,337 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
LOL

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 4,791 posts
I had constantly been thinking that Dwight was going to betray the group, but now I think that he won't due to the cover. This is a troll one for sure

Edited by JesusMonroe, 11 December 2013 - 09:37 PM.

I already passed on the performance rights. Enjoy the rest of your life as a fry cook, you no-talent hack. Also, since you were too much of a pansy to shoot me, I'm going to kill myself and make everyone think you did it

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members
  • 238 posts
Also what the heck happened to Ezekiel's legs on the cover!? Did they get smaller or were they sawed in half? Ezekiel looks so bloody odd.

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
  • 4,791 posts

Also what the heck happened to Ezekiel's legs on the cover!? Did they get smaller or were they sawed in half? Ezekiel looks so bloody odd.

He looks like he's been frequenting Mickey D's

I already passed on the performance rights. Enjoy the rest of your life as a fry cook, you no-talent hack. Also, since you were too much of a pansy to shoot me, I'm going to kill myself and make everyone think you did it

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • 856 posts
  • LocationHolly's room
Maybe we are being trolled into thinking the cover is a troll so it's not really a troll at all but a double troll.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
  • 4,791 posts

Maybe we are being trolled into thinking the cover is a troll so it's not really a troll at all but a double troll.

If it's not really a troll, people will call it predictable

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationAlabama for real Roll Tide
I wouldn't mind if Rick gets taken out and super Jesus takes over.

"I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal."- Rust Cohle- True Detective

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • 856 posts
  • LocationHolly's room

If it's not really a troll, people will call it predictable

That's what I was thinking

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGreendale
I think this is my least favorite cover from all out war yet. Ricks leg in the background makes Zeke look like Jimmy from South Park know matter how many times I look at it.

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • LocationFlorida
I think it'd be too much to see Dwight flip-flop again, but we'll see.

http://www.ReadTheWalkingDead.com

For Collectors, By Collectors.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Oh Dwight... You muppet.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

DHeav60

DHeav60

Lurker

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

I had constantly been thinking that Dwight was going to betray the group, but now I think that he won't due to the cover. This is a troll one for sure

Agreed. Dwight's loyalty was always in question until I saw this cover. Kind of weird that the cover has Dwight aiming the crossbow at Rick from 2 opposite angles? What's the deal with that?

A Song For Lucille

A Song For Lucille

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Agreed. Dwight's loyalty was always in question until I saw this cover. Kind of weird that the cover has Dwight aiming the crossbow at Rick from 2 opposite angles? What's the deal with that?

They needed to show it twice for it to symbolize a double cross...bow.
/badpun
Survivors: We. Don't. Die.
Saviors: We. Don't. Rape.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
  • 4,791 posts
Anyone watch 24?

In Season 3, Jack was undercover but his partner was unaware and thought he was a traitor. His partner was caught by the enemy and they told Jack to kill him. Jack was going to to maintain his cover, but the gun wasn't loaded. He was being tested

In Season 7, a similar situation happened. The enemy told Jack to kill Renee. He brought her into a field and shot a bullet that grazed her head before she fell into a ditch (the guys thought he killed her)

I can see a similar situation with this cover. Dwight has to kill Rick to maintain his cover but "misses" and hits Rick in the shoulder. I can also see Negan not being a dumbass and killing Dwight over it saying something like, "I know you. You never miss."

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,259 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
COVERS !!!! AHHHHHHH!!!
Posted Image

I bet Zeke wont even be wearing that shirt........

Edited by PorkTornado75, 13 December 2013 - 01:40 AM.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."
tumblr_n0sl161Sn51s71mpxo1_250.png

ZombieTribble

ZombieTribble

Infected

• Members
  • 14 posts
Doesn't seem like we should conclude much from the cover, other than that the three characters on the cover are likely to still be alive ...

It looks like Dwight is pointing his crossbow at Rick, but it's hard to tell - for all we know he is giving Rick cover, or aiming at the same threat that Rick is firing at. We don't even know whether Rick already has the shoulder wound that's on the cover of 124, since we can't see his right shoulder - and if anything, Dwight seems to be aiming slightly to Rick's *left* side. But I don't think the cover ever bears such close scrutiny.

I doubt that, as things currently stand, Rick would willingly have Dwight at his back with a crossbow. This would suggest that either he doesn't know Dwight is there, he doesn't have a choice (as he has to deal with the threat in front of him), or Dwight has done enough to earn his trust at this point.

I also think it would be more interesting if Dwight *didn't* betray Rick. My feeling is that he genuinely wants Negan gone, and the information he has provided about the outputs appears to have been accurate. The Saviors would seem to have lost too much in these early stages of the conflict for it to really be Negan's ploy, so I suspect that he will continue to work to topple Negan - as long as it doesn't endanger his own life or that of his family! What is motives are beyond the war, of course, is another question entirely.

Of course it's conceivable that Dwight ends up having to shoot Rick to protect his 'cover', but that might be a bit too cliché?

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

They needed to show it twice for it to symbolize a double cross...bow.
/badpun

I like that! Dwight goes for the double cross, but who is double crossed? Either way I don't think Dwight survives the war.

Nick_FM

Nick_FM

Infected

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
I think it's safe to say that Dwight legitimately hates Negan and wants him dead. But, afterwards maybe Dwight just wants to lead the Saviors himself and continue to force communities to give them half of their supplies. That could be his reason for also wanting to kill Rick and other important people in the other communities.

Pickles312

Pickles312

Infected

• Members
  • 91 posts
This cover is so weird on the bottom. Every time I look up, it looks to me like Ezekiel has crooked legs or something. Stupid eyes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!