Negan: "... *facepalms* I don't even know who said that."

Never forget.

rip Eric

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I feel worse about Eric than Shiva. But I can't help but wonder if the tiger's fate was sealed due to Kirkman hating the anti-tiger letters in Letter Hacks. After issue 108, at least one tiger facts letter was published a month. It seems since this arc started, there's been less and less to talk about. There's more action, which translates to less dialogue, which translates to quick issues, which translates to less things to talk about, and less crazy theories from PT. :D

I guess it's nice that they're being released biweekly. Despite the issues being quick, I'm anxious to see what's on the other end of the tunnel. I'm convinced that this arc will end with Negan's death, but at what cost?

Hey now i have not given any crazy theory's in awhile now ................guess i better think some up!

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Hey now i have not given any crazy theory's in awhile now ................guess i better think some up!

Plot twist: Jesus shot Eric

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Plot twist: Jesus shot Eric

Jesus is actually a part of a secret guild of assassins that have the ability to curve their bullets. Series ends during post war tea time. Everyone is sitting in a circle having shallow conversation. Jesus stands up and in a shocking turn of events, uses his ability to curve bullets and blows everyone's brains out.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Jesus is actually a part of a secret guild of assassins that have the ability to curve their bullets. Series ends during post war tea time. Everyone is sitting in a circle having shallow conversation. Jesus stands up and in a shocking turn of events, uses his ability to curve bullets and blows everyone's brains out.

Everyone dies but Negan Freeman. Negan tries to kill Jesus at the end but it's just a guy with a wig. Jesus snipes him from over a mile away

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Dont know about you guys but i thought the 2 page spread of Maggie was some pretty awful artwork , she looks like she has jap anime eyes........

Agent Piltdown

Agent Piltdown

Infected

• Members
  • LocationChester, England
Good issue. I enjoyed Ezekiel's narrative, it was an interesting way to show both his and Rick's experiences in the fighting. The skirmishes seemed to go according to Rick's plan but it made me feel the war will take a much too heavy of a toll before it's over at the rate things are going. Even though they basically won both fights and may have killed more than they lost (Zeke actually did enough and apparently knocked out the outpost by fighting on long enough to attract a ton of zombies when he should of retreated), the casualties they suffered when the odds were supposed to be heavily in their favor doesn't seem to bode well. I just hope Negan doesn't get the upper hand again any time soon. Seeing him on the back foot in issue 116 was fun to see at last.

Eric's death was abrupt but seeing as he wasn't around much I felt more sad for Aaron. I think that was the point anyway, he was never really used in the story much at all, just to develop Aaron more. And he did so a final time, heh.

Shiva's death was harsh. I don't think it's a case of escaping death offscreen this time like Tyreese, though. Ezekiel had to leave quickly but he did linger long enough to see her get completely mobbed. She was grappled onto by at least 4 walkers. Even if she wasn't affected by bites the sheer number pressing down on her made it look like she was going to be torn apart on the next panel, they just decided not to show it.

Spoiler

I wouldn't complain if she did survive, but... it seems with that it's so long Battlecat.

The reanimation of one of Zeke's men was an interesting bit, too. I think perhaps because he was shot in the heart it happened so quick, or maybe there's something unusual going on?

I totally was hearing the voice of Dave Fennoy during Ezekiel's narration...

Heh, same.

ForgottenProphecy

ForgottenProphecy

Infected

• Members
Now that I think about it, this All Out War ark should end with Zeke having to kill a zombie Shiva.

I think his man reanimating so quickly was pointing out that since the zombie apocalypse has been going on for a year or two now (not sure on exact time. I don't remember them referencing it recently) the virus is becoming more deadly, spreading faster.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Now that I think about it, this All Out War ark should end with Zeke having to kill a zombie Shiva.

No. It cant and wont happen.

Since ANIMALS. DO. NOT. TURN.

It should be a known fact by now.

This is from a Q/A with Kirkman

Q: Do zombies eat animals? If so, would we see 'zombified' animals?
A: Yes, and No. In the Walking Dead universe, zombies will eat any live creature they can get their hands on. However, animal remains will not reanimate.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

No. It cant and wont happen.

Since ANIMALS. DO. NOT. TURN.

It should be a known fact by now.

This is from a Q/A with Kirkman

...EXCEPT TIGERS! yeah, Tigers reanimate too... he forgot to say that, but it will be in the next letter hacks

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
*Sees Edocil's post*

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
Also, can we talk about how sad we are that richard is dead?!

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
BECAUSE I'M SUPER SAD RICHARD IS GONE

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

*Sees Edocil's post*

Its so not cool to call someone the T word, unless you yourself are also a tiger. That's their word.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

I'am sad that he went. He looked good and it wouldve been interesting to get into the head of someone from the kingdom who ISN'T Ezekiel.

Out of any ''right hand man'' i have seen in this comic Richard got hit worst. He had like.......one line and then he got bullets to the chest.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Why is nobody talking about the most important thing that happened in the issue (to me anyway) the guy that turned super SUPER fast?

This was the first time in the book we have seen someone turn so fast , could this mean the zombies are changing in some way ?

Will the zombie outbreak be harder to deal with if people start turning in seconds ?

I guess i really dont feel for any of the characters right now and know a bunch of deaths are coming for some of our favorites , so it is kinda taking away the excitement for me.

The zombie outbreak changing in someway (i do not want 28 days later or wwz fast zombies) like them turning in seconds would add some needed "freshness" to the comic in my opinion. Something going on in the background of this war that people do not notice because they are to busy killing each other sounds like a good idea.

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Eric: "Go fuck yourself, psycho!"

Negan: "... *facepalms* I don't even know who said that."

Never forget.

rip Eric

I loved that..... though I must admit - at the time, I didn't identify "Eric" as the one who said that. He blended in with the rest of the nameless ASZ citizens quite well.

Eric and Richard - major characters or redshirts? Either way we have serious losses for the Allied forces. I guess it makes sense that they would be from the Kingdom, cause with Richard dying there aren't many other named Kingdom characters that we know about. But it looked like there were more survivors from the Kingdom despite losing 10-20 soldiers, there's a chance the others could have escaped to regroup eventually.

It's great to see Rick really come into his own on the battlefield. We've seen his past - suffering horrible losses and reaping the consequences of bad decisions and lack of foresight or strong leadership... those events have made him into a hardened badass. Meanwhile Zeke has been very successful at survival, partly by putting on a facade - he ACTS like a great leader, and people follow. But what happens when the relatively untested Kingdom army faces a Savior force that has fought together much longer - they are battle tested. Anyways - It was cool to see Ezekiel be so honest in his failings and give props to Rick for his abilities and ultimate leadership in this war. Zeke is starting to see what Jesus and Maggie see in Rick.

Maggie starting a coup - My first time NOT being trolled by the cover art! That was great - as I accurately predicted that Negan's initial ploy to use Gregory to dissolve Rick's army wouldn't have that big of an effect; I think most of the Hilltop crowd will side with Maggie. Kal is actually looking more and more like a douche - Maybe he tries to overpower Maggie and Sutton steps in?

Where do we stand? Looks like Rick handled the strongest Savior outpost... but I suspect we could find out how that ends in #118. Even though Zeke lost, the herd that was attacked could incapacitate the Saviors in outpost 2 similar to Negan's own situation. I am interested to know how the Saviors have dealt with Zombie horde in their front lawn. We may get a glimpse of them still trying to solve that puzzle in the next issue. We saw that Michonne, Carl, and Andrea have ASZ on lockdown... Rick thinks Negan will go there first. I have a feeling he might go to Hilltop - where he suspects he still has influence over Gregory and others.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Richard was a looker, and didn't address Ezekiel in "Kingdom speak" when we were introduced to him, so that makes him ok in my book. RIP Richard.

Why is nobody talking about the most important thing that happened in the issue (to me anyway) the guy that turned super SUPER fast?

This was the first time in the book we have seen someone turn so fast , could this mean the zombies are changing in some way ?

Will the zombie outbreak be harder to deal with if people start turning in seconds ?

I guess i really dont feel for any of the characters right now and know a bunch of deaths are coming for some of our favorites , so it is kinda taking away the excitement for me.

The zombie outbreak changing in someway (i do not want 28 days later or wwz fast zombies) like them turning in seconds would add some needed "freshness" to the comic in my opinion. Something going on in the background of this war that people do not notice because they are to busy killing each other sounds like a good idea.

I didn't really think too much of it at the time (though someone did mention it in this thread). I guess it would add a new twist if they were changing quicker, but we really have no idea how long it took. Also, most people that we've seen die, lately, were brained immediately, so it's hard to tell if it's changing. They did go to the trouble of having Zeke comment on it, though...

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members
Eric (and Shiva) dying only reminds me that others are going to die and all I'm going to be able to say is "Oh Person X, we barely knew ye."

It kind of makes me wonder where all that time went. I thought they had an OK clip going with the characters, given how many there were, up to the zombie invasion of ASZ. Then we get Hilltop and the Saviors, and there's no hope to have anything other than half-baked space occupiers that show up in a few panels or get a few lines in a scene once every few issues.

They bit off more than they could chew with the issue format, I think. Even Heath and Holly, probably the most developed of the current ASZ survivors, can just be summed up in one line. "That supply-runner guy who's banging the doctor." "That girl who Abraham cheated with and hates Dwight."

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

They did go to the trouble of having Zek comment on it, though...

That is my point summed up pretty nicely.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Its so not cool to call someone the T word, unless you yourself are also a tiger. That's their word.

It's okay for me to be racist because I have a lot of friends that are tigers

Agent Piltdown

Agent Piltdown

Infected

• Members
  • LocationChester, England

I mentioned it briefly as well. Having thought about it though, this may just be something Ezekiel hasn't ever been exposed to before. If you recall Carol died and turned in the space of seconds too.

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

It's okay for me to be racist because I have a lot of friends that are tigers

oh, ok!

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
Man, this Wednesday turned out extra awesome! Not only did #118 come out, but I got MAIL!!!!

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
are you going to make him iron your other action figures?!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!