Issue 118 Review

- - - - - All out war Rick Saviors Jesus eric Michonne

Furrybeastman

Furrybeastman

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNewfoundland
i'm not convinced shiva's dead, off panel deaths always make me wonder. though if she is dead then the off panel death was out of respect i would imagine, no one wants to see poor shiva torn apart. i have a funny feeling negan is gonna be on top of that zombie situation when we see him next, ready to screw some shit up for rick's crew.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members
Ding, dong, the stupid tiger is dead!

I felt slightly sad for a second because well, that kinda sucks for Zeke. But other than that, WOO

As for the rest of the issue. Damn, moved fast as hell.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
I was literally visualizing watching this on screen as I was reading it. Ezekiel telling his account of the story would be such a good voice over to a group of scenes in the tv show.

Kind of like Rick's voiceover in the very beginning of season 2...but way less cheesy.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

I was literally visualizing watching this on screen as I was reading it. Ezekiel telling his account of the story would be such a good voice over to a group of scenes in the tv show.

Kind of like Rick's voiceover in the very beginning of season 2...but way less cheesy.

I totally was hearing the voice of Dave Fennoy during Ezekiel's narration...

daltonwb25

daltonwb25

S-mart Employee

• Members
Did anyone catch that Ezekiel seem a lot more bummed about losing Shiva than his men. I understand she was almost attached at the hip to him for awhile but I just got the feeling that he was sad his people died but sadder she died.

Nothing wrong with it I don't spose situations provided. Just interesting.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Ding, dong, the stupid tiger is dead!

I felt slightly sad for a second because well, that kinda sucks for Zeke. But other than that, WOO

As for the rest of the issue. Damn, moved fast as hell.

You mean we are suppose to feel bad for Zeke ?
I really don't feel anything for him not enough character development for me to care about him.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!
Decent Issue, 7/10.

Don't care for Shiva or Eric, but I do feel bad for Zeke and Aaron. I can't wait till January, I want to see more of Negan, Dwight and Holly. I'm more interested in what's going on back at Sanctuary, I have feeling Negan is preparing a shit storm for the survivors.

As per 119's cover tagline, "The war comes home".

Negan is going to strike back, and he's going to strike back hard. Also Dwight seems like he will have a bigger role to play in the coming issues. Excited about that, Dwight is becoming one of my favourite characters.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

I totally was hearing the voice of Dave Fennoy during Ezekiel's narration...

I can hear that.

Personally though, i have always had Roger Cross (Ulysses from Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road) in mind when i think about how Ezekiel would sound. His voice is such pure audio erotica it should be illegal.

Spoiler

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
I feel worse about Eric than Shiva. But I can't help but wonder if the tiger's fate was sealed due to Kirkman hating the anti-tiger letters in Letter Hacks. After issue 108, at least one tiger facts letter was published a month. It seems since this arc started, there's been less and less to talk about. There's more action, which translates to less dialogue, which translates to quick issues, which translates to less things to talk about, and less crazy theories from PT. :D

I guess it's nice that they're being released biweekly. Despite the issues being quick, I'm anxious to see what's on the other end of the tunnel. I'm convinced that this arc will end with Negan's death, but at what cost?
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members
Don't bring a tiger to a zombie fight, as they say.

But really, they killed off Shiva sooner than I expected, which is something I'm sure the critics of her will be pleased about. And of course they chose Eric to die, being in the weird position of "that guy" in "those two guys." At least they didn't treat these deaths as too dramatic, given these two have been very uninvolved and minor past the moments of their introduction.

On a final note, Jesus Christ what happened to Maggie's face in that big panel?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I always thought that after the war, the Kingdom would be starving and they would start to turn on each other. They'd beat the crap out of Ezekiel and eat Shiva. That's what I thought, at least

On a final note, Jesus Christ what happened to Maggie's face in that big panel?

That was so weird (Sophia looked weird, too) and that line was so cheese. The speech wasn't half bad but that last line...man, oh man, "I believe in Rick Grimes."

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Let's be honest. If Aaron didn't yell, "Eric, no!", we wouldn't have known he died

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members
Cried a bit about Shiva's death. Poor Zeke. Sad for Aaron too, but the narrative didn't help making Eric's death very major.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Jesus, are you a nonbeliever?

Do you not BELIEVEEEEEEEEE in Rick Grimes?

*looks with an empty judging stare towards JesusMonroe*

Believe in the Rick that believes in you.

That is all.

*Puts on Kamina glasses and walks away*

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Maggie's hair sure grows slow. Either that or she got a haircut since living at Hilltop...

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

Let's be honest. If Aaron didn't yell, "Eric, no!", we wouldn't have known he died

I'm thinking I wouldn't have missed that two page spread of his death scene, but maybe that is just me. :P

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I'm thinking I wouldn't have missed that two page spread of his death scene, but maybe that is just me. :P

Err...I meant in that initial moment

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts
The abrupt jump to Zeke made the issue feel disjointed to me, like something big was missing in the middle, but overall I thought it was great.

It was awesome to see Maggie do something of relevance for the 1st time in like 90 issues. I just wish Aaron and Eric were more developed so I would have cared more when E got sniped. Instead I just chuckled and thought, "There goes the 1st real redshirt."

ForgottenProphecy

ForgottenProphecy

Infected

• Members
Erik's death was too sudden, with no build up at all. That, and I know nothing of his character besides that him and his gay lover Aaron brought Rick and his group to the ultra mega group at Alexandria (sorry if that's not the name, I don't reread the comics so names are a bit fuzzy in my memory).

I, like others, am not convinced Shiva is dead. Remember Tyrese? I'm also not fully convinced Judith is dead on the TV show, but that's a different subject entirely.

Although I'm disappointed we didn't get more out of everybody's favorite post-apocalyptic tiger, I really hope she is dead. Bringing her back would be really cheesy, and the way she went was badass.
Now that I think of it, I'm about to reread the entire series to familiarize myself with the newer characters not yet on the show. I know almost nothing of any character past Abraham's trio.

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
Agree moop420, Eric, IMO, is a red shirt.
And No, That did not look like Eric at all.

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
Holy crap, that's the saddest this comic has made me feel in a long time. I hope the tiger made it. It could happen.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

Eric died as he lived; pointlessly

Gay and pointless. A token bites it. Rick Grimes for President stump speech and one disappointed DODO.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
Just a note to say that Mr. Blahg and I will be recording our Under the Comic Covers review of #118 tomorrow (Thurs) night. If you guys want to send in any feedback/comments/questions to brains@walkingdeadcast.com, we may read it on the segment. It will be released as a standalone segment this time.

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts
I'm always baffled why everyone in TWD thinks Rick is a great leader and so on and so forth. He's not all that bright, he's usually motivated by selfish reasons more than by any altruistic concern for others, and he's often doing really dumb shit.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!