Issue 118 Review

- - - - - All out war Rick Saviors Jesus eric Michonne

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members
Ok, I just finished reading this issue, Looks like the war is in full swing. Very interesting developments as we go, It was awesome seeing Maggie put Gregory in his place..

Sad to see, but I guess we can now say
Spoiler
It will be interesting to see how the war will continue on.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫
Oh man, i feel so bad for Ezekiel. Losing so much in just one issue.

His coat (we will miss you Pimp-coat. We will miss you so. Unless he has a spare one.), his right hand man, his tiger.

Porkie is gonna come here and be all '' Lol Shiva sucked anyways '' but i dont care.

Shiva went out in the most boss way possible.

We havent really seen any human characters do something like that before (unless Alice counts, although she didnt willingly sacrifice herself...at first anyways. Douglas could also possibly count.), so the fact that it was Shiva was a cool way to send her out.

Also, Kirkman just tore apart my favorite couple in the entire series. Eric X Aaron is no more.

Spoiler

FUCK YOOOOOU RANDOM BULLEEEEEET.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

josh is a walker

josh is a walker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCambridgeshrie, UK
HOLY SHIT!!! not got the issue yet, but HOLY SHIT!

Spoiler

Bored? Got nothing better to do? Have a nose through my Autograph Collection:
https://www.facebook...raphadventures/

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

HOLY SHIT!!! not got the issue yet, but HOLY SHIT!

Spoiler

Well...

Kinda.

Spoiler

Only one i could find.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Oh man, i feel so bad for Ezekiel. Losing so much in just one issue.

His coat (we will miss you Pimp-coat. We will miss you so. Unless he has a spare one.), his right hand man, his tiger.

Porkie is gonna come here and be all '' Lol Shiva sucked anyways '' but i dont care.

Shiva went out in the most boss way possible.

We havent really seen any human characters do something like that before (unless Alice counts, although she didnt willingly sacrifice herself...at first anyways. Douglas could also possibly count.), so the fact that it was Shiva was a cool way to send her out.

Also, Kirkman just tore apart my favorite couple in the entire series. Eric X Aaron is no more.

Spoiler

FUCK YOOOOOU RANDOM BULLEEEEEET.

Shiva sucked anyways.........like how Kirkman said she would be around for awhile then GONE lol TROLL !

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
Letter Hacks Issue #118

Spoiler

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

Shiva sucked anyways.........like how Kirkman said she would be around for awhile then GONE lol TROLL !

yep not even a year :( and I was hoping for a few chewed up savior's. A lack poor shiva, we knew you not...

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Also anyone catch how fast that guy Zeke was trying to save turned ?

Are the zombies changing ? Will they be harder to contain if people start changing that fast ?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Eric died as he lived; pointlessly

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
So Jesus being a huge Goosebumps fan is canon?

I was kinda hoping for him to be a huge Astrid Lindgren nerd.

Aaaaaah, well, my head-canon still exists, and so it shall remain.

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

Eric died as he lived; pointlessly

now that's funny! True though...sadly true. Just charecter build for Aron!

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Rip Shiva and Eric. Hopefully this means some character development for Aaron.

Liked the whole narrative by Ezekiel throughout the issue.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Quick read. I didn't feel bad when Eric died and I'm not surprised really. Hopefully it will lead to Aaron developing further if he survives. Rick and Jesus were totally boss in taking down the most guarded outpost. Poor Zeke. Guy really had no idea how to wage a battle and it bit him in the ass. I know we might have been trolled by Kirkman saying "shiva was here to stay" and having her "die" this issue but something tells me we're getting double trolled and Shiva will return. I don't think a dozen rotting weak corpses could slow down a healthy and full grown Siberian Tiger.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Oh and I hope Maggie's pep talk changed some minds at the Hilltop. I also hope this isn't the last time she punches Greg in the face.

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
Yea I bet shiva still alive

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

I know we might have been trolled by Kirkman saying "shiva was here to stay" and having her "die" this issue but something tells me we're getting double trolled and Shiva will return. I don't think a dozen rotting weak corpses could slow down a healthy and full grown Siberian Tiger.

Bengal. I'm pretty sure Shiva is Bengal. Since you rarely if ever see Siberian tigers in American zoos, since they are much more endangered than Bengals, and are thus far less likely to be transported to a zoo overseas.

That, and Shiva is an Indian name. And where does Bengal lie? Come on now, dont be shy, tell me.

I kinda wanna believe that she is alive as well, but those Letter Hacks make it petty clear she's dead.

Sorry, cat people. But it is what it is.

A Song For Lucille

A Song For Lucille

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationChicagoland
"Shut the fuck up before I hit you again!"

Hahaha, Maggie is awesome.
Survivors: We. Don't. Die.
Saviors: We. Don't. Rape.

jacob

jacob

S-mart Employee

• Members
I really liked Aaron and Eric but when I saw Eric bite it I felt no emotion at all. In the prison assault I was dreading turning the page yet it feels like he died so pointlessly and quick that it didnt affect me, unless they develop Aaron it felt almost like a shock death (I know he was lacking character but even so) I have a funny feeling all the deaths are going to feel a bit dull due to the fast pace of the war. On a better note that picture of Michonne and Carl was rad, definitely makes me think thats the future of WD.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Yea I bet shiva still alive

She is deader then Ricks horse !

Gonza_Fes

Gonza_Fes

Lurker

• Members
dude! that was EPIC!

i dont now you guys but to me this issue easily is in the top 10 of the best TWD issues

poor Shiva it actually got me teary eyed

I really doubt this war is going to leave many survivors (how many men did Zeke lost? like 10? 15?)

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
Is it bad that I am more bummed that Shiva died rather than Eric?

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating
Right so

Maggie is leading a mutiny at the hilltop against Gregory looking good.
Rick led his group against the strongest Negan outpost and took it, losing Eric
Michone is back at ASZ with Carl and everything is OK
Ez led the kingdom fighters against an outpost and got cut to pieces losing many men
including Richard and his tiger His attack was routed but a herd appeared to be overrunning the outpost

So two strongest outposts down two to go , Hilltop back in the game , Kingdom seismically weakened.

3-1 to Grimes in that episode

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
I'am posting a little sumthin-sumthin from this issue in my Coloring thread in a few minutes.

I think you guys will like it. I've used some stuff i havent ever used before.

More is to come, when i get a hold of good scans from this chapter.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Is it bad that I am more bummed that Shiva died rather than Eric?

I think since we heard Ezekiel tell the story of Shiva's death, it had more impact (along with the fact that she died saving Ezekiel). I'm not exactly mourning Eric, but I feel absolutely terrible for Aaron (I'm actually tearing up a bit thinking about how much pain Aaron must be in). I loved the "You lead the way" panel and the determined look on Aaron's face. Then the next time we see him he is beside Rick fighting.

I'm still absorbing this issue. I thought it was absolutely excellent. I'm sure I will reread it several times before the next issue comes out in Jan.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Shiva dead hahahaha trolled!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!