Season 4 Review (First 8 Episodes)

* * * * * 1 Season 4 Season 3

Season 4 Review (77 )

What's Your Opinion On Season 4 So Far?

1. Excellent (33 [42.86%] - )

42.86%

2. Good - Some Critiques (36 [46.75%] - )

46.75%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (6 [7.79%] - )

7.79%

4. Poor (2 [2.60%] - )

2.60%

Season 4 vs Season 3.....?

1. Season 4 Is Better (68 [88.31%] - )

88.31%

2. I Like Them Both Equally (7 [9.09%] - )

9.09%

3. Season 3 Is Better (2 [2.60%] - )

2.60%

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Does budget affect writing? First half of S2 is pretty much widely panned for being awful. I don't know that a low budget is an excuse for bad writing.

Well, it does if you can't (wont' pay) for good writers. There was some point where all the writers got fired by Darabont, IIRC. I believe there were some conflicting reports about that situation.
The more I read about the behind the scenes happenings, it had to be an incredibly stressful time for everyone involved. I know it's part of the "business", but it certainly doesn't seem like a very creative atmosphere to me.

For the record, I don't consider the first half of S2 awful. It has some problems, but it wasn't awful.

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members
I would have liked to see Darabont, Mazarra, and Gimple work together.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana

I would have liked to see Darabont, Mazarra, and Gimple work together.

You don't need a thousand words with that picture to say how Darabont, Mazarra and Gimple would've been working together. That picture and the thought hit it dead on.

Joseph

Joseph

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationColchester, England.
I think Kirman, Darabont, Mazzara and Gimple were all in the writers room at the start of season 2 because...

Darabont - Current showrunner.
Kirkman - Wrote episode S2 EP1.
Mazzara - Wrote episode S2 EP2.
Gimple - Wrote episode S2 EP3.

So, they sort of were working together at some point.

Even though, Mazzara said in an interview that he was the one who hired Gimple so there's a good chance that when Darabont left is when Gimple arrived so maybe not!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!