What Happened To Judith? (Speculation Only)

* * * * * 1 Judith

What Happened To Judith? (191 )

What Happened To Judith?

1. Lizzie, Mika, Tyreese Have Her. (80 [41.88%])

41.88%

2. Michonne Has Her. (30 [15.71%])

15.71%

3. She's Dead. (68 [35.60%])

35.60%

4. Tara/Lilly Have Her. (6 [3.14%])

3.14%

5. She's On The Bus. (7 [3.66%])

3.66%

Joseph

Joseph

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationColchester, England.
So, what do you think happened to Judith?

- Lizzie, Mika and another kid had Judith in the seat holder, they run back inside, put Judith in a safe place while Lizzie, Mika come back outside, they save Tyreese and then remember Lizzie and Mika decide to run back into the prison......to get Judith before escaping!?

- Michonne has a connection with Judith, maybe she quickly grabbed her and ran away to safety?

- Well, there was blood all over the seat and you're not actually going to show a baby being killed so maybe this was the writers way of showing you that she is in fact dead.

- Tara or Lilly could have grabbed her, they were both still alive and in around the area where Judith was. It's possible!

- Unlikely, but maybe Glenn or someone else from the Bus ran and got her and brought her back to the bus before driving off.

So many possibilities! What a great episode!

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
Yes, I think she passed away in this episode, no doubt. But some stuff didn't add up from her death.

1) She was in a baby carriage, wouldn't she of been strapped into it? I'm not sure if she was, but if she was, how was her body missing?
2) Since she was a baby, she shouldn't of been far from her carriage after dying. There wasn't a nearby zombie munching on where her body would be. Also, wouldn't Rick of found the body?
3) I don't see anyone actually shooting Judith. If I were in the other group, I would possibly shoot the person holding her, but not her.

So here's a theory on what happened:
Someone was trying to get her to the bus by running with her carriage. That person was shot down, leading to the blood on her carriage. She is then taken by
A) Lilly, or her group
B) Michonne got her after saving Rick
C) Carol rescued her after noticing the prison was under attack. (What a coincidence that would be after Rick told her he didn't want her to live in a prison with Judith)

Again, I believe that she hit the dust, but I think it is possible she's alive.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
I genuinely thought that she was dead, but the more I think about it now the more I believe she was taken by either Michonne or Tyreese. When Lizzie and the other kid were carrying Judith outside, she was strapped in..but when Rick and Carl were overlooking the scene, the straps were undone and pushed to the side, almost as if somebody had carefully taken her out as opposed to just being pulled out by a walker who wouldn't have the intelligence to mess with the straps. The blood inside the baby carrier I find hard to explain, but was Tyreese shot at any point during the battle? Because I think that if he was, then maybe he could have bled onto it while picking her up.

I know it sounds like a stupid theory, and I'm still convinced that she's more than likely dead, but..it's a possibility.

Girlicious

Girlicious

Infected

• Members
I hope that she was taken, either by Tyreese or Michonne.

If there is a character that I want to survive the whole show, it is Judith more than anyone.
She symbolizes hope, love, family, innocence... everything that is good in what's left of the world.

That would be so awesome. A little girl, little ass kicker, making it to the end.

I know that she is more likely dead but according to the comics, some others characters should still be alive and some others should be dead already. So why couldn't she be alive too after all?
An explanation for all the blood in the baby seat can be found, with a flashback or something...
It would be so cool if Michonne had her!

And if she is dead well... show must go on.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
My first impression was that she was killed. I thought the empty carseat was AMC's way of killing the character off without actually showing a baby corpse on TV. Although it did bother me that she was just missing; none of the nearby walkers were feeding on a little bundle, and if she was devoured on the spot, there should have been a lot more blood. Still, I chalked it up to another Lori situation with a walker evidently having eaten her whole body. I also had a hard time believing that the little girls would be stupid enough to just to leave Judith in her carseat in the middle of a battlefield with zombies everywhere. But I thought that was just the easiest way to "kill" her without showing a body or her death.

However after watching the "Inside Episode 408" featurette, I'm questioning it a lot more. Hershel's death was discussed in great detail, but Judith's "death" was not even mentioned. There was just a segment at the end where someone was saying, "Now everybody is scattered, people are missing..." and that's when it showed Judith's carseat. So I think her official status as of now is "missing" because if she were truly dead, I think they'd be making a bigger deal out of it. I guess her fate is part of the cliffhanger, and even if she is actually dead, AMC just wants us to debate it until February.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
I think she's dead, but imagine how disturbing it would be if
Spoiler

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

I think she's dead, but imagine how disturbing it would be if

Spoiler

you're messed up in the head...and I love it, lol

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

I genuinely thought that she was dead, but the more I think about it now the more I believe she was taken by either Michonne or Tyreese. When Lizzie and the other kid were carrying Judith outside, she was strapped in..but when Rick and Carl were overlooking the scene, the straps were undone and pushed to the side, almost as if somebody had carefully taken her out as opposed to just being pulled out by a walker who wouldn't have the intelligence to mess with the straps. The blood inside the baby carrier I find hard to explain, but was Tyreese shot at any point during the battle? Because I think that if he was, then maybe he could have bled onto it while picking her up.

I know it sounds like a stupid theory, and I'm still convinced that she's more than likely dead, but..it's a possibility.

not a stupid theory! I agree 100%. when they asked kirkman about Judy on TTD he dodged the question in true kirkman fashion. if she was dead, I think he would've confirmed it..

for example as another "confusing" moment: we were supposed to assume the walker ate ALL of Lori. many viewers couldn't come to that conclusion. Nicotero confirmed it on TTD...I'm betting she's alive and with Tyreese or Michonne.

The blood could be: whomever saves her does so just in time as a walker is bending over the carrier to eat her. walker shot=blood all over carrier and ground around carrier

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members
At first, judith just sat there. Then she grabbed her baby rattle and beat all of the walkers over the head. She comes crawling through the bushes and finds Michonne at the beginning of the next episode.

Ok, maybe that scene has already been done.

Both Tyreese and Michonne need restorative therapy, so either one could have her. Maybe Michone finds Tyreese and the kids? But Michonne seems more of the loner in combat than group finder.

ItsTheHerdStupid

ItsTheHerdStupid

Infected

• Members
She was left behind and eaten completely. Thats why there was blood everywhere in the basket.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
I took the bloody carrier to mean that she had been eaten and fairly quickly as there was no scraps left. Personally, I would've rather seen a baby zombie than to see 2 people crying at a carrier with assuming she is dead. Now I may give her a small percentage chance that maybe Tyrese may have ben able to grab her out of the carrier when he was running after the girls. I think the writers pretty much set it up that Tyrese and the girls will be together and will probably find Carol so maybe Judith has a chance here since it would be ironic if Caro was to keep her alive when Rick didn't want her taking care of his kids.

jaco

jaco

Roamer

• Members
I think they would've confirmed her death after the show if that was the intent. They're just messing with the comic storyline.

The facts as I see them are that the little girls had her in the car seat. They pretty much assumed responsibility for her well being. I seriously doubt they would've left her sitting on the ground in the middle of a firefight. More likely, they took her out of the car seat because that's the easiest way for little kids to carry a baby. So they either hid her somewhere safe (when they saved Tyreese) or the third little girl had her all along. I can see this storyline picking up with Tyreese and a band of little girls.

The other issue is Beth's survival. The easiest way to kill Judith would've been a tank blast that killed Beth while carrying the car seat. You don't have to show Judith's death in that scenario. It's inferred by Beth's death. Beth's only real role in this whole show is to act as Judith's caregiver. There's no reason for Beth to live if Judith doesn't also.

Not to mention, Lori's death was pretty pointless if her baby gets eaten in the next season. That's a pretty massive failure on Rick's part.

So I really think she is alive and they're just messing with people. There will be a reunion at some point.

Polaris

Polaris

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationWeed-ah-weeeee!
Luke and the other little girl had Judith with them. They talked about going somewhere, but Lizzie said they should fight. When they rescued Tyreese, they went the opposite direction from the escape route. Which leads me to believe it will start back with Tyreese having to take care of 4 kids and a baby.

I will lift her love and I'll break your spirit. I will dig a hole and I'll throw you in it.
Only time will tell if we're all just cynics on the run... If we're all just cynics come undone.

SteadyEddie

SteadyEddie

Roamer

• Members
I don't think she's dead. I don't remember seeing a LOT of blood, am I correct? During the fighting, anyone could have been wounded, they easily could be bleeding and smear blood on the car seat while getting her out.

ItsTheHerdStupid

ItsTheHerdStupid

Infected

• Members
How can you think that the baby is still alive when it's obviously dead. It's not like suddenly the baby is taken out of his basket and someone splashes blood all over the basket to confuse the viewers. Judith is dead! There is nothing that can explain the blood except for biters eating her away completely.

ItsTheHerdStupid

ItsTheHerdStupid

Infected

• Members

I don't think she's dead. I don't remember seeing a LOT of blood, am I correct? During the fighting, anyone could have been wounded, they easily could be bleeding and smear blood on the car seat while getting her out.

Sure... Smeared blood all over the seat, as if a baby was eaten in it.

Or. She died.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

How can you think that the baby is still alive when it's obviously dead. It's not like suddenly the baby is taken out of his basket and someone splashes blood all over the basket to confuse the viewers. Judith is dead! There is nothing that can explain the blood except for biters eating her away completely.

except if someone is bleeding when they pick her up...that could explain it...

Two in the Head

Two in the Head

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWashington, DC
It's easier to run holding a child as opposed to trying to run with a baby in a carrier. The weight of the carrier alone will slow you down. Scoop the baby up, hold her to your chest and haul ass. I think Lizzie and her sister hid Judith close by to keep her out of harms way. If Tyreese catches up with the girls they will keep each other safe. I was wondering if the council had ever come up with a escape plan with a meet up location.

I have not read the comics, and I understand that Lori along with the baby died. I don't see AMC taking that route. HBO,Starz, Showtime would do it and would take the heat, I just don't see AMC doing that. I could be wrong.

Judith is alive and Carole is just fine. We will see them in 2014.

Polaris

Polaris

S-mart Employee

• Members
Kirkman is the devil. He wouldn't say ANYTHING about Judith.

I will lift her love and I'll break your spirit. I will dig a hole and I'll throw you in it.
Only time will tell if we're all just cynics on the run... If we're all just cynics come undone.

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

Lurker

• Members
A) there is a lot less blood in the carrier than there should be if she was devoured.

B) she was strapped in, and the straps are now unbuckled. Zombies lack the dexterity to undo buckles.

If the writers wanted to kill off Judith without having to show her corpse, that is understandable. But they did it in a sloppy way then.

DrAnguish

DrAnguish

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCentral Florida USA

A) there is a lot less blood in the carrier than there should be if she was devoured.

B) she was strapped in, and the straps are now unbuckled. Zombies lack the dexterity to undo buckles.

If the writers wanted to kill off Judith without having to show her corpse, that is understandable. But they did it in a sloppy way then.

I think its very possible that the baby is with one of the groups that went down that corridor (both the little girls and Michonne are seen going that way). Michonne would've been bloody from the fight with teh gov and also helping up bloody Rick... you never know...

... on the other hand TWD has previously had some unfulfilling character deaths, especially Lori where we were just supposed to 'assume' the death happened.

Honestly whichever way they go I just hope it is explained slightly (quick flashback if the baby is alive) to show how she got out of the carseat and how the blood go there... we shall see (hopefully)...

Polaris

Polaris

S-mart Employee

• Members
Didn't T-Dog see a baby corpse in the roadblock? 201?

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

Didn't T-Dog see a baby corpse in the roadblock? 201?

not a corpse..just a bloody carseat

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members

Yes, I think she passed away in this episode, no doubt. But some stuff didn't add up from her death.

2) Since she was a baby, she shouldn't of been far from her carriage after dying. There wasn't a nearby zombie munching on where her body would be. Also, wouldn't Rick of found the body?

The writers in the TWD have a past history of zombies finishing off bones and all when it comes to some of the characters being eaten. See the endless "where is Lori's body" debate.

Personally, I think the kids took her, but I'm wrong a lot.

NervousCandy

NervousCandy

S-mart Employee

• Members
If Judith is alive I will be immensely disappointed. You don't throw that big of a emotional sucker punch and give the main characters a major reason for character development if you're just going to have a cop out and have the baby be ok. The baby's death was the epitome of hopelessness in the book and it led to some great character development for Rick and Carl both. If the show chickens out and has it where the baby is ok, then it will be a massive disappointment for me.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!