Zombie Animals?

- - - - - michonne horse horses walkers

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

I did notice the birds in the titles at the beginning after reading this thread.

Perhaps they r carriers of the virus.

That could account for breakout in numerous areas almost simultaneously.

I'm not sure, but I think the crow was pecking at a dead animal. Crows and ravens are often used to symbolize death. They were called "corpse birds" in Europe, because they flocked to battlefields and scavenged the dead.

I think it was Brian Keene who wrote a series of novels with animal as well as human zombies. I started the first book, but the animal zombies seemed to make the plot silly and unworkable.

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

auximenes

auximenes

Lurker

• Members

Crows and ravens are often used to symbolize death. They were called "corpse birds" in Europe, because they flocked to battlefields and scavenged the dead.

Related tidbit: A group of crows is called a 'murder'.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

Related tidbit: A group of crows is called a 'murder'.

Always found that amusing.

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

rumblepup

rumblepup

The Puppetmaster

• Administrators
Always thought that "A murder of crows" was a story about about a bunch of crows being taken out. LOL

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
We've seen
S4 spoiler:
Spoiler
We've seen a horse get eaten as well. So why haven't we ever seen a reaninmated horse? Will we ever see a zombie horse, like in the video game Undead Nightmare? (click photo below for bigger version).

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Kirkman confirmed (at least for the comic series) that bitten animals die but don't reanimate, so no zombie animals

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

Kirkman confirmed (at least for the comic series) that bitten animals die but don't reanimate, so no zombie animals

Same rule probably applies for the show then, I'm guessing.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
The dead deer in season 1 didn't turn. Or the dead dog in the hermit's shack.

dave4realz

dave4realz

Infected

• Members
I don't know it would be cool to see undead animals, but that whole thing just opens up to much chaos.

Daisy

Daisy

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationMount Doom
It would be fun if animals were turned as well, cause there will be the risk of being attacked by zombie-mammals...
I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Zombie dogs, wolves, coyotes, squirrels, deer, horses, etc. I think Rick and company would be pretty much screwed if every animal also turned.

the Walkin Dude

the Walkin Dude

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationSouthern Md. Chesapeake Bay
Agree way to overwhelming if the animals turned. Then you would have your basic, zombie rats, mice, squirrels, birds, groundhogs, lions, tigers and bears, etc. etc.
Roll outta my coffin Drink poison in my chalice Pride begins to fade And y'all feel my malice

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!