The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 8 - Too Far Gone - Review

* * * * * 1 predictions questions discussion mid-season

The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep. 8 Too Far Gone (340 )

What is your opinion of Ep. 8 Too Far Gone?

1. Excellent (269 [79.12%] - )

79.12%

2. Good - Some Critiques (50 [14.71%] - )

14.71%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (12 [3.53%] - )

3.53%

4. Poor (9 [2.65%] - )

2.65%

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

"After things begin to calm at the prison, Rick and the group face imminent danger."

2minican268

2minican268

Infected

• Members
  • LocationArizona
Wow!

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

3VHWYjA.gif

Tay

Tay

Infected

• Members
Now that is how season 3 should've ended. Too excited to even write a review.

lurking_dead

lurking_dead

Infected

• Members
Oh. My. God.

The feels are too epic.

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
My son who is 12 just said that Chris hardwick looks like he was crying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Holy. Shit. That's all I've got to say right now.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Only complaint is now people are going to be endlessly speculating that Judith is still alive.

Mirin_Comic_Brah

Mirin_Comic_Brah

Infected

• Members
Too predictable. But entertaining nonetheless. Don't think it was good enough to make me excited for the second half though

M-88

M-88

Infected

• Members
Sad :(

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members
So sad to see Hershel dead... knew it was coming and still didn't like it... he was probably my favorite character on the show... oh well... bye Hersh...

ok - also we never saw the Gov actually getting killed... could he come back?? I think he's really gone but we didn't get to see it... also is Judith really dead? I would assume so... damn kids can't take care of a baby...

Real big surprise for me was the two little girls saving Tyresee... awesome scene...

overall great episode. Sad to see the little girl die but had a feeling that was going to happen as well but still sad.

I did have a little worry about Rick when he was getting owned by the gov... was like 99% sure that he wouldn't die, but you never know!

Next half of the season should be great... everyone is out on the road... I think Tyresee is a bit screwed though because he got babysitting duty!

I still think it's the little girl who is killing the rats, but I dunno...

overall good episode - will have to think more about it.

Howard Roark

Howard Roark

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Only complaint is now people are going to be endlessly speculating that Judith is still alive.

I was wondering how they were going to deal with the Judith thing. I didn't think the writers would have the balls to show/infer that a baby is killed violently on a network like AMC, but they went halfway in having Rick and Carl BELIEVE she was killed. Pretty sure she was on the bus, no?

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCanada
Saw some of it coming (Hershel, Lily, Judith, Carl and Rick at the end etc) but still...holy crap. Great episode, I'll comment more later once I wrap my head around it.

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
I loved this episode. What a great way to wrap up a storyline that was not well executed in the beginning. Great half season under the Gimp, and now he has a clean slate to work with. Great job. Great writing. Loved this soooo much.

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members

I was wondering how they were going to deal with the Judith thing. I didn't think the writers would have the balls to show/infer that a baby is killed violently on a network like AMC, but they went halfway in having Rick and Carl BELIEVE she was killed. Pretty sure she was on the bus, no?

I don't think so - beth got off the bus to go look for her so unless she got put on the bus between the time Maggie got off to when she saw the bus pull out... I think she's gone sadly... but it'd be hard to keep a baby out in the wild of the walker world.

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationChicago area
Good, but not excellent. The girls death was predictable, but I did think it would be the Jason Walker in the lake who grabbed her instead of a flood zone buried walker plot hole.

Gov's return was based on him having the upper hand, and he played it as a tactical advantage instead of going for the strategic win. It was destined to fail, but I was surprised more damage wasn't done to the prison. A tank shell should go through the walls and keep going, depending on the type. I also expected more Prison defenders to go down.

Herschel was doomed, I figured that out as they brought them out, and didn't expect him to survive. I also pretty much figured Michonne would kill the Gov to save Rick. No surprises there. I half expected Carl to go, and not Little Ass-Kicker. That's the big disadvantage of expecting kids to fight and save people, tunnel vision.

How many shots did the Tank crew have?! Bullets should go right through the walker into Daryl, he's magic or something!

I lost track of little lesbian Gov tagalong, did she make it? I know her partner didn't. What about mom?

More to say and talk about, but Maggie is on Talking Dead and driving me CA-WAZY!
"Step it up to Red Alert!"
"Are you absolutely sure, Sir? It does require changing the lightbulb."

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
Very sad about Hershel.
Putting out fire with gasoline.

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
So the groups are now:

Bus group:
Glenn
Extras

Team Maggie:
Maggie
Bob
Sasha

Team Daryll:
Daryll
Beth

Team Rick:
Rick
Carl

Team Tyreese:
Tyreese
Children

Team Michonne:
Michonne

Team Lilly:
Lilly
Sister?
Extras?

Team Carol:
Carol

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

ok - also we never saw the Gov actually getting killed... could he come back?? I think he's really gone but we didn't get to see it... also is Judith really dead? I would assume so... damn kids can't take care of a baby...

Lilly shooting him in the head wasn't enough proof for you that the Gov is a goner?

Rick_Grinds

Rick_Grinds

Infected

• Members
Thought the scene at the end was pretty good with Rick and Carl. The gun fights were really bad though, made me wanna turn the channel. No more Gov. Thank god. Moving on.

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members

Good, but not excellent. The girls death was predictable, but I did think it would be the Jason Walker in the lake who grabbed her instead of a flood zone buried walker plot hole.

Gov's return was based on him having the upper hand, and he played it as a tactical advantage instead of going for the strategic win. It was destined to fail, but I was surprised more damage wasn't done to the prison. A tank shell should go through the walls and keep going, depending on the type. I also expected more Prison defenders to go down.

Herschel was doomed, I figured that out as they brought them out, and didn't expect him to survive. I also pretty much figured Michonne would kill the Gov to save Rick. No surprises there. I half expected Carl to go, and not Little Ass-Kicker. That's the big disadvantage of expecting kids to fight and save people, tunnel vision.

How many shots did the Tank crew have?! Bullets should go right through the walker into Daryl, he's magic or something!

I lost track of little lesbian Gov tagalong, did she make it? I know her partner didn't. What about mom?

More to say and talk about, but Maggie is on Talking Dead and driving me CA-WAZY!

The lesbian girl (man I hate saying that, wish I knew her name) walked off somewhere so we don't know what happened to her... mom was alive last we saw her... she supposedly shot the gov.

Aolain

Aolain

Roamer

• Members
Excellent!

City

City

Infected

• Members
dammit why did he have to kill Hershel. I am so upset, he was the only humane person left on the show.

I actually cried out loud. I knew it was going to happen but I hoped..

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members

Lilly shooting him in the head wasn't enough proof for you that the Gov is a goner?

I'm pretty sure he's gone, but this show does have a way of bringing back people we don't see die.... personally I would have liked to see him actually get shot... or attacked by walkers :)

City

City

Infected

• Members

So the groups are now:

Bus group:
Glenn
Extras

Team Maggie:
Maggie
Bob
Sasha

Team Daryll:
Daryll
Beth

Team Rick:
Rick
Carl

Team Tyreese:
Tyreese
Children

Team Michonne:
Michonne

Team Lilly:
Lilly
Sister?
Extras?

Team Carol:
Carol

Lol at team Carol

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!