Issue 117 Review

- - - - - jesus holly ezekiel

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫
Here is the scene i told you guys i would color.

I will not put this in my coloring thread, as i want to get full pages for that.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
Nice work, though all I can think about it how much that dark pink bra would show through that white shirt Holly is wearing. :P

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

Nice work, though all I can think about it how much that dark pink bra would show through that white shirt Holly is wearing. :P

Don't ruin the illusion of Holly's Sexiness!

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
What illusion?

( o Y o ) !!

taint

taint

S-mart Employee

• Members
HURR DEE HURR DEE HURRRRR!

BEWBZ

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I sure am liking boobies.............i mean Holly more for some reason.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Dont look at me, i dont know how bra's work when in contact to other clothes.

I only know how to get them off.

BOW-CHIKKA-BOW-WOOOOOOOW.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I sure am liking boobies.............i mean Holly more for some reason.

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
boobs are a good selling point.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

You pretty much lost me with all the 'one vagina' talk, Leela.

Haha, I lost myself, too. Too much wine :(

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

I thought this the whole time. He was trying to manipulate her, win her over like he was trying to win Carl over. I even considered the possibility of him being in cahoots with David and play out this attempted rape so he could come in at the very last second to save Holly. I mean, his whole speech to David about how "we don't rape" seemed SO forced and LAME, like Danny Tanner scolding Michelle about dragging a kiddie pool into the kitchen, or something. It was so out of character. Not the no rape rule, but the way he was talking, the way the whole thing was written. It was either bad writing or Negan being a master manipulator. The whole killing of David seemed like a last minute improv to sell the scene. I mean, how convenient that he walked in just in time to be Holly's hero and then go on a diatribe about his big plans for love and peace. This was also the same tone he had when he was talking to whats-her-face, that last wife he took.

Also, before Holly revealed herself, Negan was talking about crushing Rick by "fucking his vagina". Negan may not know what Andrea looks like, but he knows she and Rick are lovers and this is the second time he's tried to kill her/do something horrific to her to make Rick crazy. It was only when Holly convinced him of who she was that Negan changed his tune. I don't fault Holly for revealing herself. It was pretty obvious that Negan had something terrible planned for "Andrea" and the way Holly saw it, she was screwed either way. Telling him who she was may have saved her life.

However, I smacked myself in the forehead when she revealed Andrea's name and then went along to tell Negan her plan. I'm worried about Holly. Not physically, but I'm worried that Negan is gonna be able to get through to her. She's too angry and vengeful to think straight and Negan is good at playing with people. She fell in love with Abraham after he saved her from a terrible situation and she always went on and on about how Alexandria needed a tougher leader than Rick. She may have a beef with Dwight, but i really hope Kirkman surprises me and Holly doesn't end up siding with Negan. He's such a bullshitter and Holly doesn't care about anything except killing the man who killed Abraham. All Negan has to do is hand Lucille over to Holly, let her kill Dwight, and then she's his. I hope she's stronger than that.

The problem with Holly and Negan interaction is not that Holly will "break" and give Negan information willingly - it's that everything she says about Rick's group is helpful. You already mentioned why it's helpful for Negan to identify "Rick's one vagina", and Holly did that without even thinking of the possible consequences. It's like when the police interrogate people who do not ask for a lawyer - the cops are much more skilled at getting information, and people overestimate their own ability to BS.

It may be a while before we see what all comes if this, but it can't be good for Rick's group. Eugene's ammo production has gone way too smoothly, and we now Rick has his group splitting up.

My prediction is that Negan is going to find out about Eugene, the ammo production, as well has his crush on Rosita through Holly. That will be how Negan gets the upper hand in this War.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Maybe Negan was a former Police Detective...

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
I feel Negan scolded, then killed David purely for Holly's benefit. The whole speech about working with these people when the war is over was way too sugar-coated for it to be Negan's actual stance. Holly may willingly give Negan information in hopes that he'll end the war quickly.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Negan does seem like the kind of guy who looks for the easiest/quickest way out of a situation

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
As far as the Holly/Andrea confusion goes, I read it as Negan thought Holly was Andrea only because Holly took Rick's place in driving the truck through the Sanctuary's fence. Negan thought Holly jumping in the truck was out of love, which is true, but it was for the love of Abraham rather than Rick. The only thing Negan would know about Andrea is that she is a blonde, like Holly.

I can't really remember Andrea ever being close enough to Negan for him to know / remember her. I might be wrong on this so please let me know, but no interactions come to mind. I think Negan has had more interaction with Olivia than Andrea.

- She wasn't on the initial run where he meet Negan in issue #100.
- When Saviors attack she is always in a nest somewhere sniping.
- She has been at Alexandria when Negan visits, but no clues to let Negan know she is Rick's girl.

Really the only people Negan has truly interacted with besides his own people are Rick, Carl, Gregory, Ezekiel, Spencer, and Olivia. People like Heath, Denise, Holly, and so on have only had brief encounters with Negan. Mainly they were just there while Negan and Rick talked.

Again, I could be wrong on this. I am just going off memory right now, but it would be interesting to actually know who Negan has had interactions with.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
Negan may have never seen Andrea, but surely Dwight knows what she looks like. Yet when Negan thought Holly was Andrea, Dwight didn't correct him.

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room

Negan may have never seen Andrea, but surely Dwight knows what she looks like. Yet when Negan thought Holly was Andrea, Dwight didn't correct him.

Maybe that was the look that Dwight gave Holly. Not I don't care that I killed Abe, but shut the fuck up!

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Good observation, I had forgotten about Andre holding Dwight in the ASZ interrogation room back in #102.

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

Good observation, I had forgotten about Andre holding Dwight in the ASZ interrogation room back in #102.

Yeah! Thinking back on it when Dwight returned from being held captive, Negan never questioned him about where he had been. Negan basically told him "too bad you didn't die, maybe next time Dwight." So Dwight doesn't seem to be feeding Negan info?

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
If any of you guys are interested, you can listen to the latest TWD comic review segment Under the comic Covers that I did for issue 117, along with my buddy, Mr. Blahg, on The Walking Dead 'Cast podcast (the segment is in Chapter 6, around 1:32:00). If you do listen, feel free to PM me with any feedback and suggestions that you have. If you want to email us in regard to the issue/discussion, you can use the email brains@walkingdeadcast.com and it will be forwarded to us. Thanks!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
I always check it out last episode was great!

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

If any of you guys are interested, you can listen to the latest TWD comic review segment Under the comic Covers that I did for issue 117, along with my buddy, Mr. Blahg, on The Walking Dead 'Cast podcast (the segment is in Chapter 6, around 1:32:00). If you do listen, feel free to PM me with any feedback and suggestions that you have. If you want to email us in regard to the issue/discussion, you can use the email brains@walkingdeadcast.com and it will be forwarded to us. Thanks!

Listening to it at work as we speak!

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members

I love this section of the podcast but I must ask what's up with your recording? You sound like your in the bathroom :)

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
I always skip the TV show stuff.......... :P

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

I always check it out last episode was great!

Listening to it at work as we speak!

I love this section of the podcast but I must ask what's up with your recording? You sound like your in the bathroom :)

Thanks for listening guys!! :luvzombismile:

As far as my audio issue goes, there was a difference in the quality of the 1st and 2nd episode, so we thought that I neglected to select my table mic, and that it recorded using my computer mic. After hearing this 3rd episode, I realized that definitely wasn't the case. Jason and I have been doing test recordings to try and figure it out, and we think it just might be that I was a tad further away from the mic these last couple times. I apologize that my audio is not as clear as it could be, and I hope it doesn't distract too much from the segment. This is all new to me, so I'm trying to work out the kinks. Thanks for your patience and feedback. :)

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!