Issue 117 Review

- - - - - jesus holly ezekiel

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫
Oh, and Porkie, SPRATT was a bit faster than you this time. Sorry for taking some of your time. I appreciate that you wouldve done it though.

Oh, and offer of a personal coloring still stands though.

Just so you know.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members
Thanks, Koibito!

I guess we have our proof now. What a complicated bastard this Negan is.

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
Negan may very well believe his own shit....but approach people with that kind of aggression, someone's always going to fight back. And there's always a bigger fish somewhere.....or a lot of little ones with sharp teeth, lol.

And I don't know the actual body count, but a ton of Saviors have gone down.....doesn't look any safer on that team than anywhere else.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
I've got a saviors death till thread around here somewhere. I think at this point around 30 have been taken out?

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members
Pretty good issue. So far, AOW is kicking it up a notch with every new issue as far as I'm concerned. It's nice to see more of the Saviors on their own turf, especially when it can be so humorous. It's interesting how warped Negan may honestly be with his thinking, viewing himself as disciplining and benefiting these communities while he's just abusing them and driving them over the edge. And the whole scenario with him mistaking Holly for Andrea was pretty damn funny. I'm also glad they avoided the rape-dungeon thing; I think Michonne's whole experience was enough for one series.

Also it was pretty sobering when of Rick's guys said that once they win the war, they're just going to go back living under the constant threat of ambush by the zombies and the risks they have to go by to survive. Even if they win it's just going to be business-as-usual again, and that's the best-case scenario.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
As an aside, that whole scene with David, Holly and Negan.

I am working on it.

I do however NOT have access to the page/panel(s) where Negan says something like.... '' Unfucking human levels ''

But that said, the scene will still make sense, even without that page.

Hopefully. *whistling nervously*

It's gonna look good, guys, and i think you'll all like it.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Pretty good issue. So far, AOW is kicking it up a notch with every new issue as far as I'm concerned. It's nice to see more of the Saviors on their own turf, especially when it can be so humorous. It's interesting how warped Negan may honestly be with his thinking, viewing himself as disciplining and benefiting these communities while he's just abusing them and driving them over the edge. And the whole scenario with him mistaking Holly for Andrea was pretty damn funny. I'm also glad they avoided the rape-dungeon thing; I think Michonne's whole experience was enough for one series.

Also it was pretty sobering when of Rick's guys said that once they win the war, they're just going to go back living under the constant threat of ambush by the zombies and the risks they have to go by to survive. Even if they win it's just going to be business-as-usual again, and that's the best-case scenario.

I'm hoping All Out War seriously shakes up the Walking Dead. It would be cool if it's an awesome ride and a lot of people die, but I'm hoping readers won't remember it as, "that happened" afterwards.

The same way issue 48 was the climax of the series up to that point, I want All Out War to be the new climax. I want this to be the new "Nothing will ever be the same" issue. I don't want it to just be the ASZ being destroyed and the group being on the run again or just an incident where a lot of people died (unless it's Rick or Carl). Something huge

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX
Actually, Rick keeps saying Negan won't kill him, the big twist of the war could be Rick dying and Carl becoming a villain.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Been out of town for Thanksgiving so I just got caught up!

Loved it. Loving that Holly is getting some character development. Felt so bad for her, and I wonder what she's going to think of Negan now. Not that she's going to be buddy buddy with him, but he saved her and also told her about his plan. His plan doesn't sound half bad.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
Only thign i'm wonderign about how Negan's reasoning about Holly.

He says she's his girl ,which i guess is understandable that he got wrong, due to the thing he says here.

Then he says that he is CERTAIN Holly is the sharpshooter chick that threw Connor out the tower.

Which makes no fucking sense.

Since Holly was one of his hostages.

WHO WERE LIKE...2 METERS AWAY FROM YOU WHEN CONNOR FELL, YOU DUMBASS.

Negan's long term memory must be rubbish.

But otherwise, very nice issue with much promise for what's to come, and loads of good coloring material for little ole me. Yay!

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Something I forgot to mention.

I had predicted after issue 115 that the Alexandria Safe Zone would come under siege and we'd probably lose a major character then (I had thought it would be Andrea since I couldn't see Carl dying), but now this issue says Michonne is going there

Bye-bye, Michonne

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Only thign i'm wonderign about how Negan's reasoning about Holly.

He says she's his girl ,which i guess is understandable that he got wrong, due to the thing he says here.

Then he says that he is CERTAIN Holly is the sharpshooter chick that threw Connor out the tower.

Which makes no fucking sense.

Negan's long term memory must be rubbish.

But otherwise, very nice issue with much promise for what's to come, and loads of good coloring material for little ole me. Yay!

Yeah, I thought that, too

Is Negan as bad as Gregory with names? Holly was right in front of Negan during issue 113 while Connor was dealing with Andrea. Makes no sense for him to confuse the two

Someone said that it could've just been the insanity of the situation that made Negan forget but I think it's just a plot-hole. How does Negan even know what Andrea looks like anyway?

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

Something I forgot to mention.

I had predicted after issue 115 that the Alexandria Safe Zone would come under siege and we'd probably lose a major character then (I had thought it would be Andrea since I couldn't see Carl dying), but now this issue says Michonne is going there

Bye-bye, Michonne

No, you shut up.

I...i dont want to hear it.

I DONT WANT TO THINK OF THE POSSIBILITY.

*runs away crying*

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

Also, I wouldn't put it past Negan to kill this guy just to get in the head of Holly.

I thought this the whole time. He was trying to manipulate her, win her over like he was trying to win Carl over. I even considered the possibility of him being in cahoots with David and play out this attempted rape so he could come in at the very last second to save Holly. I mean, his whole speech to David about how "we don't rape" seemed SO forced and LAME, like Danny Tanner scolding Michelle about dragging a kiddie pool into the kitchen, or something. It was so out of character. Not the no rape rule, but the way he was talking, the way the whole thing was written. It was either bad writing or Negan being a master manipulator. The whole killing of David seemed like a last minute improv to sell the scene. I mean, how convenient that he walked in just in time to be Holly's hero and then go on a diatribe about his big plans for love and peace. This was also the same tone he had when he was talking to whats-her-face, that last wife he took.

Also, before Holly revealed herself, Negan was talking about crushing Rick by "fucking his vagina". Negan may not know what Andrea looks like, but he knows she and Rick are lovers and this is the second time he's tried to kill her/do something horrific to her to make Rick crazy. It was only when Holly convinced him of who she was that Negan changed his tune. I don't fault Holly for revealing herself. It was pretty obvious that Negan had something terrible planned for "Andrea" and the way Holly saw it, she was screwed either way. Telling him who she was may have saved her life.

However, I smacked myself in the forehead when she revealed Andrea's name and then went along to tell Negan her plan. I'm worried about Holly. Not physically, but I'm worried that Negan is gonna be able to get through to her. She's too angry and vengeful to think straight and Negan is good at playing with people. She fell in love with Abraham after he saved her from a terrible situation and she always went on and on about how Alexandria needed a tougher leader than Rick. She may have a beef with Dwight, but i really hope Kirkman surprises me and Holly doesn't end up siding with Negan. He's such a bullshitter and Holly doesn't care about anything except killing the man who killed Abraham. All Negan has to do is hand Lucille over to Holly, let her kill Dwight, and then she's his. I hope she's stronger than that.

But yeah, still hate Negan, still don't trust him, don't think he's layered. Negan isn't interested in community. He wants these communities to become a part of his harem so he can treat them the same way he treats his wives - they surrender to him for protection so long as he can swoop in and take from them and fuck them any time he wants. Then he tells them and himself that he's a good guy because they came to him willingly and all he's doing is protecting them. He even makes a show of demoralizing the communities the same way he demoralizes his wives by making them dress like whores - he likes to humiliate Rick and Gregory in front of their groups with sexual innuendo to show everyone that he's the man with the big dick in town and they're his whores.

Negan's vagina speech was funny but also very interesting. He looks down on Rick for liking just one vagina, he thinks that'll be Rick's downfall, but any man who's had an affair can tell you: the minute a second vagina enters the equation, you're fucked. One vagina is complicated enough, two is stretching it, three or more... you probably died at two.

This is where Negan is going wrong. Rick is stronger than Negan, because Rick has his one vagina, and he loves his one vagina, and he'll die for his vagina. Negan has 4 vaginas. 2 of them have just realized there's better dick out there. 1 is like, "yeah, it's not that great, but it gets the job done." The other has just never been hit in the G spot. The vaginas always win, and Negan still has no clue what Rick's vagina looks like.

One vagina, guys. Stick to just one vagina.

This is the most interesting TWD has been in a long time and I'm cool with Kirkman dragging this out as long as he keeps it interesting and real. People keep complaining about how there's very little fighting, but that's pretty much how war is.

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

Wow, you're right. I completely forgot she was one of his hostages. He must have been too distracted by Nicholas' 80's stache.

But yeah, it might be pushing it a little there. Though granted he was probably just looking at her from the back of the head in 113-114.

How does Negan even know what Andrea looks like anyway?

That I can believe. I mean it's not stretching it to assume he's profiling the leadership and big players of the communities he controls, and Andrea is close to Rick as well as ASZ's best shooter. She's also commonly with around when Negan and Rick are hashing it out. And ultimately it can only make it more believable that he just vaguely knows who she is, enough to make such a mistake.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I thought this the whole time. He was trying to manipulate her, win her over like he was trying to win Carl over. I even considered the possibility of him being in cahoots with David and play out this attempted rape so he could come in at the very last second to save Holly. I mean, his whole speech to David about how "we don't rape" seemed SO forced and LAME, like Danny Tanner scolding Michelle about dragging a kiddie pool into the kitchen, or something. It was so out of character. Not the no rape rule, but the way he was talking, the way the whole thing was written. It was either bad writing or Negan being a master manipulator. The whole killing of David seemed like a last minute improv to sell the scene. I mean, how convenient that he walked in just in time to be Holly's hero and then go on a diatribe about his big plans for love and peace. This was also the same tone he had when he was talking to whats-her-face, that last wife he took.

Haha

That I can believe. I mean it's not hard to assume he's profiling the leadership of the communities he controls, and Andrea is close to Rick. She's also usually with him when Negan is around. And ultimately, it only makes it more believable that he only vaguely knows who she is. The Holly thing is what screws it up.

This is really pushing it and I don't expect this to happen at all (and I don't see what it would add) but perhaps Negan has prosopagnosia (face blindness). Think about it. The only people he's really interacted with are Rick, Carl, and Dwight, all of which have defining characteristics (missing hand, burnt face, missing eye). The people that he's talked to like his wives have mentioned their names first (ie, "Amber is upset").

I know it's really pushing it and I don't expect it to happen. Just kind of shooting in the dark here

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
You pretty much lost me with all the 'one vagina' talk, Leela, but I do agree that Negan killed David to get in Holly's head. He's a guy that learns from his mistakes, and he quickly realized that threatening death held no power over Holly.

It may be a while before we see what all comes if this, but it can't be good for Rick's group. Eugene's ammo production has gone way too smoothly, and we now Rick has his group splitting up.

I've been pretty impressed with the AOW arc, so far, and I'm excited to see what happens in the next few issues.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

Wow, you're right. I completely forgot she was one of his hostages. He must have been too distracted by Nicholas' 80's stache.
or he just thinks all blondes look the same or something.

Man, Negan is such a racist motherfucker.

We dont all look the same.

Hmph.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
With all this vagina talk i am hungry for fish sandwiches for some reason........

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
That doesn't speak too well for the girls you date, PT.

Is it Dec 11th yet??

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

Haha
[size=4]
This is really pushing it and I don't expect this to happen at all (and I don't see what it would add) but perhaps Negan has prosopagnosia (face blindness). Think about it. The only people he's really interacted with are Rick, Carl, and Dwight, all of which have defining characteristics (missing hand, burnt face, missing eye). The people that he's talked to like his wives have mentioned their names first (ie, "Amber is upset").

I know it's really pushing it and I don't expect it to happen. Just kind of shooting in the dark here

I'm just pointing out that the situation wouldn't make any sense whatsoever if he actually did have a good idea about what Andrea looked like. I'm sure he just knows her vaguely from glances as she's hanging around when he's hashing it out with Rick sometimes. He only appears to know her as "that blonde sniper ******" with no previous mention of name or anything more specific other than that he knows she's blonde and has killed some of his men with her sharpshooting skills. He's never interacted with her and by extension I think has never been shown to have gotten a focused look at her, so that is a sensible justification for why he's making that mistake in the first place. The Holly thing is iffy, but on Andrea's part it makes enough sense.

But Negan has gotten serious when he's talking about his rules; he's shown to be quite passionate about them with his guilt-tripping and punishments. He kills people to send a message and irons people in the face for consensual sex. I'd say it was pretty in-character.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
Yeah; I don't think it was out of character, or forced, either. However, I think all that community talk was complete BS, and just a show for Holly. If Negan was so interested in making peace and building a community, he wouldn't have taken more than his share and completely terrorize people. He is a monster, just a smart one.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I'm just pointing out that the situation wouldn't make any sense whatsoever if he actually did have a good idea about what Andrea looked like. I'm sure he just knows her vaguely from glances as she's hanging around when he's hashing it out with Rick sometimes. He only appears to know her as "that blonde sniper ******" with no previous mention of name or anything more specific other than that he knows she's blonde and has killed some of his men with her sharpshooting skills. He's never interacted with her and by extension I think has never been shown to have gotten a focused look at her, so that is a sensible justification for why he's making that mistake in the first place. The Holly thing is iffy, but on Andrea's part it makes enough sense.

I can see Negan thinking Holly and Rick are in love due to his deduction based off of the argument at the truck. That makes sense to me. I don't really see what purpose it serves to have Negan think Holly is Andrea, though. Negan doesn't know that Rick and Andrea are in love. As far as he knows, Rick could've been crying because he and Andrea were really good friends

My point is I can see how it serves the story for Negan to think Holly and Rick are lovers, but I don't see how it serves the story for him to think she's Andrea (it actually does the opposite of serving the story because it creates a plot hole)

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members
Maybe Negan thinks Rick has a Harem too.

hotdogabel

hotdogabel

Infected

• Members
Negan probably has arrived at the assumption that the "sharpshooter" and rick are together. When the bikers first confronted Rick and co, Andrea opens fire on the Davies killing one or two herself leaving Mophead savior to report back (97)
Later when Dwight is captured he might have overheard something about them and reported it to Negan.
Then when someone falls from the bell tower, Rick turns and screams in terror her name and
Negan refers to her as the "sniper cunt".
But I think the most hidden piece of evidence is the undercover spy at hilltop that was witness to their kiss.

About Negan. I'm pretty sure he is sincere about saving lives. He thinks he is !
Look at his face in 115 when Rick tells him that he will spare the lives of women and children, non killers. He say "and what of the others? Me . The rest? THE KILLERS who have been keeping you SAFE " he does believe he is doing good.
And wasn't the trade deal with the hilltop between Gregory and Negan half of their supplies for "keeping the area relatively clear of the dead" assuming that's the actual deal and Negan is keeping up his end if the deal, he might actually be making the Washington, D.C. Area safer ( in his mind).
It had been awhile since the last zombie death, that could be Negan. We still don't know how many saviors there are.... Already 30 of them ate dead and he doesn't seem concerned about numbers , EVER.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!