Lilly

- - - - - Books

tewkewl

tewkewl

Infected

• Members
Is this Lilly the supposed to be a analogous to the Lilly in the book?

Obviously not exactly the same person she is in the books, but It's not the first time we've seen deviation....

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
It's definitely an incorporation of the comic book character, otherwise, why give her that name? The family was based on a family from the Rise of the Governor novel, only the girls' names were Tara and April whereas they are Tara and Lilly on the show. So it was a conscious effort to name the character Lilly, also Scott Gimple has said many times he's a big fan of the comics/novels.

Her backstory is totally different, but she does share some similarities such as
Spoiler

BrotherDixon

BrotherDixon

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCentral Michigan
They may just be giving her that name to make us comic book readers think that is what's going to happen. but like you said there is lots of deviation from what happens in the comic.... can't ever be sure what's going to happen.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts And I looked and behold, a pale horse And his name that sat on him was Death And Hell followed with him." (Revelations 6:7-8)

Funion The Baba

Funion The Baba

Infected

• Members
Ok...which one was Lilly? The little one, the wannabe cop, or the one he got down with in the back of the chevy van? (or box truck)

Don't look here: 

Spoiler

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
The one he got down with.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
The Lilly character has gotten muddy in my mind.....I've read the comics, but not the novels.....apparently video game Lilly is similar, but not meant to be the same one, and now we have TV Lilly with a different personality, but might possibly play the same role as comic Lilly in some way. I give up, too many Lillys. I know some people have the same name, but this one's burned out, lol.

But I'm kinda thinking she very well may be the one to take the governer out to contrast with what happened with Andrea. Maybe this lust interest won't hesitate when the time comes.

Funion The Baba

Funion The Baba

Infected

• Members

The one he got down with.

Thanks! She is the better looking of the two but the wannabe might be more fun. Regardless he is getting his taste back.

Don't look here: 

Spoiler

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Thanks! She is the better looking of the two but the wannabe might be more fun. Regardless he is getting his taste back.

Np, and yeah she's pretty hot imo.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

BrotherDixon

BrotherDixon

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCentral Michigan

Np, and yeah she's pretty hot imo.

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating spaghettios :)

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts And I looked and behold, a pale horse And his name that sat on him was Death And Hell followed with him." (Revelations 6:7-8)

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
Sketti-Rings she called them. :)

In the novel, Tara and April's mom's name was Lillian, so there is also that.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!