The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 6 - Live Bait

* * * * * 2 TG

What is your opinion of Ep. 6 Live Bait? (266 )

What is your opinion of Ep. 6 Live Bait?

1. Excellent (88 [33.08%] - )

33.08%

2. Good - Some Critiques (68 [25.56%] - )

25.56%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (69 [25.94%] - )

25.94%

4. Poor (41 [15.41%] - )

15.41%

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
I know this is nit-picking, but it's driving me nuts seeing people say "it's been two years". It hasn't. This episode was a flashback to the end of S3, which probably a little over a year into the ZA. Phillip said he was on the road for a couple of months.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Having sex in front a child isn't cool, end of the world or not. Haven't you read many stories of kids being traumatized by walking in on their Mom and Dad having sex?

No, not once. Sure we joke about it, but actually traumatized? No. Never heard of such a thing.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

"stop worrying about formalities." I dont see how simply getting up (or deity forbid we simply don't do it, heavens NO) is a formality and yes a lot of the people that actually noticed did think it was stupid for Rick and Lori to have sex in front of Carl.

I knew someone would say this and make that stupid "everyone loves violence but hates sex" comparison as if we have to mention the violence in a show every time we mention the unnecessary sex scenes. I'm sure if the little girl had the choice she would have avoided watching the walkers die and being next to mommy and the stranger's hook up. All they had to do was leave and stay in the area. I dont want two people doing that near/ on top of me and I would loose respect for any "civilized" being that did. All they had to do was get up and go. I dont think sex in front of kids is traumatizing just stupid, uncivilized, and unnecessary.
........and on your last question: Nope but does that mean you have to do every little thing your heart desires when and where you want or could you maybe have this strange thing called self-control. Still trying to figure out why so many people think sex is a "need" and cant be avoided.

Uncivilized?? You know they are in a ZA, right? I for one 100% believe that sex is a need. There is overwhelming research showing the health benefits, physical and emotional, of a healthy sex life. No, it's not a need in the way that oxygen and food is a need, but you know what I mean.

This show takes place in a world we can't possibly comprehend. I don't know that it's fair to apply our morals and judgements onto them.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Okay? Are you going to refute any points I made? Back up why you think I'm wrong? Does it just come down to the fact that you liked the episode and I didn't?

I said I disagreed with you, not that you were wrong. It's all subjective what one finds entertaining. There is no right or wrong.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
I believe ur missing the entire point of the reply. Granted some people have more respect about sex then others. It isnt just something to throw around like a handshake...plus rick & lori were not mere inches from varl when they did the nasty as it was in this scene. Even in a za u have to keep some semblance of civilization. .not just bump ulgies with anyone. Have some taste steve.

I guess some people are more uncomfortable about their bodies than others...

Someones "uncivilized" when they have sex in front of someone, but not when they murder someone?

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
I was surprised at how much I liked this episode, considering it was about the Governor. I had never wanted to see him again and was sorry that he wasn't killed in Season 3. But I thought this ep was fascinating, a character study of a bad man trying to reinvent himself. Being a psycho murderer didn't work out so well for him, so he's trying something else. Like Carol, he's put a lid on his previous existence and all the pain there and is beginning a new page.

I think that for him it's all about Megan, for obvious reasons. Everything he did for the family was really for her, including fleeing with her and leaving his new lover and her sister to be zombie bait. I laughed when I saw Martinez - I'm sure neither man was at all happy to see the other. Martinez is a murderer too, not quite in the Governor's league but close, so it will be interesting to see what he says about Brian.

I'm not sure if the writers are trying to make us have sympathy for Philip or just illustrate a new side to the character, a new step in his development. Either way I think that the old psycho Gov is still there underneath. I'll never have any sympathy for the man who killed the National Guardsmen, tried to have Michonne killed, shot Axel, left Merle to become a walker, slaughtered his followers and and killed Milton and Andrea in an especially horrific way. But I still found this to be an interesting story and as the protagonist of that story, I'll root for The Gov for a little while.

This season may be about "coming back" but there are some things that are too dire to be forgiven, that mark the character in such a way that in the end there is no coming back.

David Morrissey is such a good actor and so charismatic on screen that it's a pity he's wasted on a character like the Gov, who will not be around for long, I expect.

PoleAxe

PoleAxe

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationY da fuq u wanna noes?

I think that is exactly why so many people are split on this episode.
I don't want to feel any sympathy for this character. He is contemptible and beyond redemption. He didn't just kill people to save lives, he killed and tortured people because he took pleasure in it. One episode of seeing the human side of the Guv doesn't erase everything he did last season. If you read a story that Charles Manson once did a kind thing for a family, would you suddenly start feeling differently about him?
I also don't think that was the intent from TBTB. I don't believe that they wanted us to root for the character. I think they were trying to show that after losing everything, he was re-inventing himself. The crazy is still there, lurking under the surface. That, IMO is where they went wrong with this episode. We should have gotten glimpses of the madman he is.
If they don't start showing that side of him, then this arc will be unbelievable, to me.

LOL, so unless they dumb this down, and maybe put some white and black hats on characters you feel we are heading in the wrong direction? We actually get an episode with no incredibly unbelievable "soap opera" like drama, and people are freaking out? Best episode this season, I was actually interested, and then surprised by how it went having read 'Rise of the Governor'.

Still trying to figure out how this episode is "bad", other then it may of engaged some extra neurons, or emotional capacity in realizing the world isn't so simple.

I felt Gimple was complimenting the TWD viewership on being deep enough to enjoy the character exploration, not ham fisting us with story elements so basic an amoeba could follow it.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

I believe ur missing the entire point of the reply. Granted some people have more respect about sex then others. It isnt just something to throw around like a handshake...plus rick & lori were not mere inches from varl when they did the nasty as it was in this scene. Even in a za u have to keep some semblance of civilization. .not just bump ulgies with anyone. Have some taste steve.

I respect your opinions, but I am going to have to disagree.

zprime, you say, "Even in a za u have to keep some semblance of civilization. .not just bump ulgies with anyone".

I'm still trying to wrap my head around statements like these. Someone isn't uncivilized when they have different opinions about sex. That is just your opinion and what works for you, not everyone. why does an individuals "semblance of civilization" have to be preserved through sex? If there is any sort of measurement for the semblance of civilization it should be your body count, not the notches on your belt buckle

I feel as though if your life was on the line your opinions may differ on what is moral behavior.

No disrespect, man, I just have strong opinions about this. The way we Americans exploit sexual behavior yet deem it immoral is mind boggling to me.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
I admit I read spoilers and had known exactly what was going to happen before hand and I hated what I read and that it was about the gov.... But after watching, it's good. If I didn't know anything about the gov I'd give this episode a 9/10 easily... but knowing about him and his previous actions take away any realism to me so I can't quite get over it. Too bad amc. Shouldn't have written him so poorly in season 3... :X

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

I admit I read spoilers and had known exactly what was going to happen before hand and I hated what I read and that it was about the gov.... But after watching, it's good. If I didn't know anything about the gov I'd give this episode a 9/10 easily... but knowing about him and his previous actions take away any realism to me so I can't quite get over it. Too bad amc. Shouldn't have written him so poorly in season 3... :X

good post

I don't think anyone thinks the episode was acted poorly or filmed poorly, but given what we knew about the character before hand it makes it so much harder to believe.

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX
I absolutely loved this episode. Easily the best of a slow starting season and possibly since season one.

A man pushed to the point of going crazy, and how he struggles with knowing what he is truly capable of. At first reluctant, he views Megan as his own daughter he failed to protect. As shown by the brutal closing minutes, it's a promise he intends to keep with some incredibly brutal kills to the zombies trying to get her.

Moving forward, Megans death means the old Governor returns. If she dies, then it's on. If she lives, it opens up many intriguing options. I'm excited to see how this Governor tale ends, but after reading the preview for the mid season finale the next two episodes became 'must see'

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

Thun3r

Thun3r

Infected

• Members

I'm still trying to decipher the last part of your post......but anyway...

I certainly wasn't implying who's views on sexual behavior were superior. The point I was trying to make was it doesn't make someone uncivilized.

Also, when you think about it, this debate it kind of moot anyway. Who is to say the acts went beyond passionate kissing? From what I remember the scene ended fairly quickly.

Let me help you with the last part of my post. I think it should have been easy to understand if you had read the whole thing but.......... Whenever I or anyone else mentions a stupid sex scene in a show or movie that has violence in it every reply back will typically involve some idiot telling the original poster that nobody blinks an eye to violence but they always question the natural act of sex (even if it was stupid). I was being sarcastic by mentioning the violence in the show and then saying that the sex scene was stupid and unnecessary. It is almost like I cant mention the sex in a piece of media unless I bring up the other content. I am really sick of the internet.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

LOL, so unless they dumb this down, and maybe put some white and black hats on characters you feel we are heading in the wrong direction? We actually get an episode with no incredibly unbelievable "soap opera" like drama, and people are freaking out? Best episode this season, I was actually interested, and then surprised by how it went having read 'Rise of the Governor'.

Still trying to figure out how this episode is "bad", other then it may of engaged some extra neurons, or emotional capacity in realizing the world isn't so simple.

I felt Gimple was complimenting the TWD viewership on being deep enough to enjoy the character exploration, not ham fisting us with story elements so basic an amoeba could follow it.

I can't speak for everyone, but I feel the episode was "bad" when put in context of the story we're being told. I thought it was a pretty good episode of television. I don't understand why they would try to make us sympathize with the gov. He's a horrible human being and nothing is going to change that. If this episode had happened in season three, I think it would have been received as excellent by everyone.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

Thun3r

Thun3r

Infected

• Members

I respect your opinions, but I am going to have to disagree.

zprime, you say, "Even in a za u have to keep some semblance of civilization. .not just bump ulgies with anyone".

I'm still trying to wrap my head around statements like these. Someone isn't uncivilized when they have different opinions about sex. That is just your opinion and what works for you, not everyone. why does an individuals "semblance of civilization" have to be preserved through sex? If there is any sort of measurement for the semblance of civilization it should be your body count, not the notches on your belt buckle

I feel as though if your life was on the line your opinions may differ on what is moral behavior.

No disrespect, man, I just have strong opinions about this. The way we Americans exploit sexual behavior yet deem it immoral is mind boggling to me.

Why everyone combines Americans into one person is a question that still boggles my mind. I do not, have not, and will not ever exploit sexual behavior as it is done in the media. I think it is all stupid and I am sure a lot of other people do as well. America is where I am from. I am American. It is not a blood type nor a gene. We are not a hive mind.
I dont think sex is immoral. I am just disgusted by the things people do for it, the stupid illogical feeling driven comments people make about it, and how it is just thrown into our media for no reason. Sex is natural, fun, etc.... but do I need it thrown in to stories in ways that do not help the plot? Do I need to be anywhere near idiots that would actually do it next to me or on top of me? Does everything that has a little bit of violence need to have sex "just because?"

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I feel like you are reading way more into my post. Where did I say that people are only one dimensional and can only be portrayed as bad or good? If I think a character is beyond redemption, then I don't want to watch an episode where it feels like they are manipulating us to feel something for a character I don't care for.
I stated that he had lost everything and was trying to re-invent himself. I felt like they took it too far by making him selfless and not showing enough of what is lurking below the surface. My problem came from taking it too far in the other direction.

I can't speak for everyone, but I feel the episode was "bad" when put in context of the story we're being told. I thought it was a pretty good episode of television. I don't understand why they would try to make us sympathize with the gov. He's a horrible human being and nothing is going to change that. If this episode had happened in season three, I think it would have been received as excellent by everyone.

Exactly.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

I'm wondering if Gimple is trying to give Phillip the Walter White treatment. Meaning, take a bad guy and make him look sympathetic. It is different in that Phillip isn't the main character of the show. Plus, while Walter was bad, it seemed like he was always battling with someone even more evil than him (Tuco, Gus, Uncle Jack). In TWD, at least so far, there is nobody more evil than TG.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

Let me help you with the last part of my post. I think it should have been easy to understand if you had read the whole thing but.......... Whenever I or anyone else mentions a stupid sex scene in a show or movie that has violence in it every reply back will typically involve some idiot telling the original poster that nobody blinks an eye to violence but they always question the natural act of sex (even if it was stupid). I was being sarcastic by mentioning the violence in the show and then saying that the sex scene was stupid and unnecessary. It is almost like I cant mention the sex in a piece of media unless I bring up the other content. I am really sick of the internet.

I haven't't been rude to you, man. I'd appreciate it if you'd try to do that same.

Why everyone combines Americans into one person is a question that still boggles my mind. I do not, have not, and will not ever exploit sexual behavior as it is done in the media. I think it is all stupid and I am sure a lot of other people do as well. America is where I am from. I am American. It is not a blood type nor a gene. We are not a hive mind.
I dont think sex is immoral. I am just disgusted by the things people do for it, the stupid illogical feeling driven comments people make about it, and how it is just thrown into our media for no reason. Sex is natural, fun, etc.... but do I need it thrown in to stories in ways that do not help the plot? Do I need to be anywhere near idiots that would actually do it next to me or on top of me? Does everything that has a little bit of violence need to have sex "just because?"

Well, I am not everyone, and wasn't specifically referring to you when I said Americans. I meant more along the lines in the American media.....christ man...i am an American. I'm done having this conversation with you anyways because I am clearly not making my point clear enough and you're taking my post wayyyy to personally. This is why I normally am just a lurker.

TheHarshTruth

TheHarshTruth

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationTexas
I guess my issue is just with TG himself. He's the bad guy - I get it. But I am in no way invested in him as a character. I WANT SO BADLY to hate the guy, and for my skin to crawl whenever I see him on screen. But, I don't. On the same token, I can't feel empathy/sympathy for him either. As a villain, to me he's just "meh". He could bet eaten next episode, or run into Carol and disembowl her and wear her head as a hat the full episode, or turn into "Governor Friendly" and be the best new daddy to Penny 2.0....heck, he could just walk off screen and never come back and I'd be satisfied. I really don't think any plot twists or script tweaks is going to change the fact that I see him as a lost cause.

Don't get me wrong - I really really wanted to be invested in the Gov and what he does, But he never became that kind of villain for me. I'm not sure if it's the acting, the script, or just the pace...but he just doesn't do it for me. So this far into his arc - I sadly feel annoyance at his presence, because I wish he'd just go away already so I can see more of the story I actually do care about with characters I actually do have an attachment/investment in. Heck, I'd watch a full hour of Shumpert washing the truck and be more entertained...the man has said like 5 words the whole series and I find him more intriguing than TG. :smiley-confused002:

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

No, not once. Sure we joke about it, but actually traumatized? No. Never heard of such a thing.

Traumatized is too strong of a word. I do think that If Megan had woken up she could have been confused or upset.

General message:
It's obvious that some people are getting worked up about this episode, so please try to remain respectful of everyone. If not, it's time to step away from the keyboard.

doc dynamo

doc dynamo

Lurker

• Members
I think this was a good episode on it's own and could be a good episode in the context of the entire show if Glimpie makes the Guv more interesting in coming episodes.

I appreciated the break from the prison group, which I was thoroughly sick of after the last 5 episodes. I'm sick to death of farmer Rick, the new crazy Carol, Superman Herschel and the whole red shirt apocalypse in the prison. Thanks for the break Glimpie.

Glmpie inherited an essential ruined character in the Governor and I think he was stuck with using him again in this season. They tried to make the Guv more three dimensional than in the comic and failed. He was just an ineffective psycho with some surface charm. So I think Glimpie is trying to set up the Guv as a guy with some claims to sympathy when he gets back into conflict with Rick's group. At some level he'll be acting to protect Lily and Megan when he's fighting the good guys.

I think the key to the Guv's character last year was he had a messiah complex. He had got a good thing going in Woodbury, but that wasn't enough---he thought he and Milton would cure the zombie virus, bring Penny and all the other walkers back to humanity and rebuild civilization. People would build statues of him and name high schools after him. Anybody that threatened this vision, challenged his leadership, or even might challenge his leadership, had to die.

I think Megan was the live bait of the show's title. She was bait in the sense that she needs to be saved--- and that's going to bring back some of the old Guv's problems. If the Guv had wandered into a functioning group that didn't need his leadership, I think he could have adapted and returned to his normal Pre-Guv self. Now with a small group that sees him as a saviour, he's going to head back to the dark side.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

I will forever be annoyed with the false advertising and underhanded techniques of embellishing the truth to create hype for upcoming episodes. Not that I was expecting anything, but their portrayal of this episode in last week's promo was pretty much "GET RDY U GUYZ, GOV IS BACK AND GAWNA KIK ARSE" and instead, we get......this. Flaunting the dead body count before the Season 3 finale was also a dumb ploy to get more viewers when it turned out to be a 2 second shoot out of nameless background characters we don't care about. Stop it already with the annoying crap. You're going to lose more viewers because of it.

This is why I don't watch the promos anymore. A couple of episodes ago, they had Tyreese asking Michonne -"Are you still angry?", and she seemed to reply, "I don't know anymore." I was looking forward to that exchange ... which isn't how it happened in the episode at all. Instead, she says something else, and he asks another question (specifics are escaping me at the moment), and then she answers "I don't know anymore," or whatever. So, no I just turn off the TV when the episode is over. I don't need to be teased, I know I'm gonna watch it.

Anyway, the episode itself had an ambivalent effect on me during the first half. The suspense was still there, just in a more subtle way. Exploring the apartment building had a nice atmosphere to it that I liked, but that was pretty much it. I am still finding it hard to believe this rag-tag group of a nurse, tomboy, mute girl, and dying old man survived so easily for THIS long. We just got done watching an episode where a hoard of zombies tore down a prison fence. Are we supposed to believe the safety of this new group is entirely plausible? I dunno, I kept thinking to myself that I was just being too paranoid and critical about the subject. Its apparent to me that the presence of zombies only materializes when the situation calls for it. They appear and reappear at will, much like Carl did for much of Season 2. It's starting to irk me. Now to the second half of the episode....my lord, I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy but it was just cornball in a bun. Expected uncalled-for sex scene, yep. Run into my arms, new surrogate daughter, while the three of us all stand here and not make any effort to COME GRAB YOU. Uh....okay. Gov falls into a conveniently-placed pit (yes, i know who put it there and its purpose but its convenience is still pretty lame to me) and spends quite a bit of time killing the walkers one by one. Like, a LOT of time. If I hadn't known any better, the walkers were lining up behind the Governor like a book signing and waiting to get their ass beat. I heard the writers wanted to make walkers seem like a threat in this season because previous seasons failed to do so. I kinda got that until this episode rolled around. Walkers seem more like an inconvenient passing rain cloud that rarely ever pops up now....

I think we're supposed to get the idea that the walkers are gathering more and more into herds, unless they can't get out of a building or something, or are maybe lame and slower than others. But, yeah, the selective appearance of walkers is kind of a drawback.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I'm wondering if Gimple is trying to give Phillip the Walter White treatment. Meaning, take a bad guy and make him look sympathetic. It is different in that Phillip isn't the main character of the show. Plus, while Walter was bad, it seemed like he was always battling with someone even more evil than him (Tuco, Gus, Uncle Jack). In TWD, at least so far, there is nobody more evil than TG.

I think Walter White started off sympathetic and became bad. It's the opposite journey. Plus, the people he went head to head with were just as or more sympathetic than him, like Gus, Skyler, Hank, and Jesse

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

zombie.apache.rose

zombie.apache.rose

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPhiladelphia
My opinion only - I'll try and keep it short and sweet.

Of course his story is going to be slow and boring at first; they have to build him back up.They need to show us what has happened to him, and built to what he is going to become or not become.

I don't believe that they would turn the Governor into a "good guy" for lack of a better term. He is a sick, twisted, sadistic son of a gun. Being nice to this family is a ploy for some sick plan he's cooking up. (Blah, blah the girl gives him memories of Penny, whatever. It doesn't mean he's going soft! Was he soft when Penny was around (zombie or otherwise?!?) Remember he needs to get people on his side in order to build some sort of alliance/legion. Look at the masquerade he played to the people of Woodbury before he completely went bat s**t crazy.

Michonne referenced him as being a sort of "Jim Jones" character. He can't get people to stand behind him if he doesn't have them "believe" in him.

The governor is back, and I LOVE it!

To those being annoyed about the whole Carol being banished, what will Daryl say hoopla being moved to the back burner - patience; they are making us wait for a reason. Perhaps it will be the mid-season finale cliffhanger. Who knows???

Some need to get over their emotional attachment to the characters. I LOVE the governor, but you don't hear me being a cry baby about the Governor haters. Would anyone truly feel the same if we were in the middle of a ZA?
I get annoyed that people fly off the handle when you pass your opinion about a character and they don't agree. I welcome all opinions/comment whether I like the character or not. I honestly don't think I dislike any of the characters; I have a different view on each one of them.

TheHarshTruth

TheHarshTruth

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationTexas

Some need to get over their emotional attachment to the characters. I LOVE the governor, but you don't hear me being a cry baby about the Governor haters. Would anyone truly feel the same if we were in the middle of a ZA?
I get annoyed that people fly off the handle when you pass your opinion about a character and they don't agree. I welcome all opinions/comment whether I like the character or not. I honestly don't think I dislike any of the characters; I have a different view on each one of them.

I can totally respect your opinion even though ours differ greatly.

As I've previously mentioned - I find TG very "meh" and don't care what happens to him. Then again - I am a series-only person at present, I've never picked up a single issue of the comic (though that is a certain in the future - I've been trying NOT to buy the volumes until after the series ends - as I don't want to be spoiled or riddle my mind with speculations. I'm really looking forward to read it).

I can't help but wonder if I had read the comic, I'd feel less "meh" about TG, though. :smiley-confused002: It appears to me a lot of those that have read the comic have a lot more interest in him on the series than those of us that haven't read it. Perhaps a pre-existing connection for those that understand and know about the illustrated TG maybe lurks in the back of their minds? Not sure. Possible though I guess.

zombie.apache.rose

zombie.apache.rose

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPhiladelphia

I can totally respect your opinion even though ours differ greatly.

As I've previously mentioned - I find TG very "meh" and don't care what happens to him. Then again - I am a series-only person at present, I've never picked up a single issue of the comic (though that is a certain in the future - I've been trying NOT to buy the volumes until after the series ends - as I don't want to be spoiled or riddle my mind with speculations. I'm really looking forward to read it).

I can't help but wonder if I had read the comic, I'd feel less "meh" about TG, though. :smiley-confused002: It appears to me a lot of those that have read the comic have a lot more interest in him on the series than those of us that haven't read it. Perhaps a pre-existing connection for those that understand and know about the illustrated TG maybe lurks in the back of their minds? Not sure. Possible though I guess.

Excellent rebuttal!

In a way I wish I didn't read the comic yet. I started reading the comics after Season 2, and instantaneously became obsessed (I read over 100 issues in under 3 weeks...lol)! The comic as well as the novels are amazing, but it does make you set some sort of expectation in your head as to what you think should happen on the show (believe me some of the story lines are severely skewed). I do not want to elaborate, because I do not want to give spoilers if you haven't indulged in any of the reading material.

I occasionally over analyze an episode in comparison to the comic & novels and have to try more to separate them.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!