Issue 116 Review

- - - - - all out war Rick Negan Holly

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
Well, ZombieTribble had a good theory on that above...

As far as Gregory goes, he may have come to Negan to warn him.

daltonwb25

daltonwb25

S-mart Employee

• Members
I'm predicting Gregory makes it through AOW and becomes at least a somewhat major player afterwards. I just feel Kirkman is gonna keep him around because characters that have done unforgivable things (Father Gabriel and to a lesser extent the Eugemister) have had long held lives in the comic.

Also if Gregory went to rip Negan off after Negan has already had people make assignation attempts on him that shows how stupid Gregory is.

I'll make the prediction he lives, but silently hope he doesn't.

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
The things that father gabriel and Eugene did had no grave consequences. Gregory sold out his community And you could argue that his actions will cause many deaths in AOW. Gregory is burning down the bridges he will need to survive this war.

daltonwb25

daltonwb25

S-mart Employee

• Members

The things that father gabriel and Eugene did had no grave consequences. Gregory sold out his community And you could argue that his actions will cause many deaths in AOW. Gregory is burning down the bridges he will need to survive this war.

Didn't Eugene lying to Abraham result in Abraham letting a lot of people die on the way to DC? I think he tells Rick that in a conversation between the two.
Father Gabriel let a bunch of people die outside his church when he locked them out.

The consequences didn't seem as bad because we didn't see them but I would still say that causing the deaths of numerous people would be considered grave.

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members

Didn't Eugene lying to Abraham result in Abraham letting a lot of people die on the way to DC? I think he tells Rick that in a conversation between the two.
Father Gabriel let a bunch of people die outside his church when he locked them out.

The consequences didn't seem as bad because we didn't see them but I would still say that causing the deaths of numerous people would be considered grave.

The cowardice and deceit displayed by Euge and Gabe, both, resulted in the violent deaths of others.

If I was Abe, or Rick, I wouldn't have been so forgiving of Euge when I found out he was lying his ass off. Especially after that nightmare road trip they had when they left the farm.

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room

Yeah, I forgot about those. I guess the point I was trying to make is that Gregory is directly affecting Rick's group. We all know what has happened to people who have fucked with Rick.

A Song For Lucille

A Song For Lucille

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationChicagoland

The panel of Gregory being kicked off the balcony made it look like he was falling to his death, but a few pages before we see the balcony from Rick's and his groups point of view and it doesn't seem to high up.

Spoiler

I'd rather he not die from the fall. I would have loved something like him being too injured to escape from the zombies that will be pouring into Sanctuary, and Negan not letting him inside the factory, so he gets torn apart and eaten right outside of the factory's main door.
Spoiler

And I'm sooooo glad that nobody has turned that scene of Gregory being kicked off the balcony into another "This is Sparta!" meme. Haha.
Survivors: We. Don't. Die.
Saviors: We. Don't. Rape.

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members

And I'm sooooo glad that nobody has turned that scene of Gregory being kicked off the balcony into another "This is Sparta!" meme. Haha.

G'dammit....

In 3....

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

A Song For Lucille

A Song For Lucille

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationChicagoland
What have I done...? D=

Haha, well, it's not as bad as what we would be hearing if Negan is killed by Dwight.
Survivors: We. Don't. Die.
Saviors: We. Don't. Rape.

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members
Wait for it....

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

She won't die just because she's becoming likable. This isn't the TV show

Not simply because she's becoming likable, I find it more likable that she's willing to go on a suicide mission in the name of abe for the good of the community(even though she's messing up Rick's big plan), to me that indicates a slight change of character(I find everything her character's done until now to be selfish) and in the TWD comic, when a secondary character changes, they die.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

aahe42

aahe42

Lurker

• Members
The zombies won't be a problem for the saviors, But I think this a distraction while Rick and others destroy out post or factory.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
If any of you guys are interested, you can listen to the latest TWD comic review segment Under the comic Covers that I did for issue 116, along with my buddy, Mr. Blahg, on The Walking Dead 'Cast podcast (the segment is in Chapter 6, around 1:26:00). If you do listen, feel free to PM me with any feedback and suggestions that you have. Rarr!

(I apologize in advance for sounding like I am in a tin can. I think I neglected to switch to my external mic.)

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
Listening to it now:) my favorite walking dead podcast btw you guys Rock :)

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

Listening to it now :) my favorite walking dead podcast btw you guys Rock :)

Well, I can't take credit for the rest of the podcast, but it's my favorite too. Thanks for listening to the review segment. :)

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I will give it a listen when i get home ! Thanks for posting Gracie!

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

I will give it a listen when i get home ! Thanks for posting Gracie!

Thanks PT!

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan
Is it me or is Dwight one of the coolest characters we've seen? Long live Dwight!

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Is it me or is Dwight one of the coolest characters we've seen? Long live Dwight!

Dont let PT catch you saying that.

He'll cook you alive with soap.

How that works is beyond me, but he can do it. I saw it being done once.

Oh....god, the bubbles. All the bubbles.

And some times, the person in question is NEVER seen again.

Just so you know, Spra.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Dont let PT catch you saying that.

He'll cook you alive with soap.

How that works is beyond me, but he can do it. I saw it being done once.

Oh....god, the bubbles. All the bubbles.

And some times, the person in question is NEVER seen again.

Just so you know, Spra.

What did i just READ !

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫
Oh, dont act all innocent.

I KNOW what you are doing with all that Irish Spring soap you've bought recently. And it is not to make yourself smell nice.

As soon as someone says the words '' I like '' and '' Dwight '' put together, you can smell Ye olde Irish Spring coming towards ya.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members

Hmmm...

Lemme' see.

Gives his wife to another dude, and takes a scalding hot iron to the face from said other dude.

Nope. Nothing to "like" there that I can find.

He's a piece of shit.

Must be just you.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
Koibito, sometimes I worry about you. :P

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I think Dwight is a better/more interesting villain (assuming he is one) than Negan but they both deserve to die

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!