I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

The Walking Dead Issue 116
Release Date: November 13, 2013
"The first battle of the war rages on!"
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
Oh holly. Poor soon to be ironed holly...

chipsmcghee

chipsmcghee

No Longer Stocking Chips McGhee

• Banned

Oh holly. Poor soon to be ironed holly...

I haven't read it yet but that would be some truly cold stuff. I hope the ghost of Glenn can protect her.
:(

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
So ricks big plan was to sacrifice himself during the start of the war? Seems an odd thing to do, especially after Jesus's pep talk. Maybe he's tired of being the leader again, ready to head back out onto the open road or get lucielled...not sure which?

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
It was a really, really quick read. I actually feel let down, it was so short. The preview pretty much told the whole story as it was. The only part they left out was Holly's choice to ram the fence in Rick's place. The non-Negan quote of the comic goes to Dwight. "...yeah, I'll get right on that."

The only saving grace is that 117 comes out in two weeks.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
For sure, I was glad they had more of a plan then "come out with your hands up" though. That hasn't worked for Rick in years ;)
And now I'm wondering if there's a chance that holly and amber are twins?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Definitely glad the next issue comes out in 2 weeks.

GuidoP

GuidoP

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationAmsterdam
And a big laugh to all those people who were thinking Holly was betraying Rick! Quiet the opposit here haha.. And based on next issues cover she'll have a tough time with the Saviors...

greatbignow

greatbignow

Infected

• Members
Unless somehow Dwight or Sherry saves her; seems possible. My next question would be how many outposts Negan has, and how many men at each one. If they can get someone out to warn them, and they have the hardware (like an armored truck) they could make quick work of the walkers. Jesus even asks "is that enough?" so we don't really know how it will play out. I did think at some point the hoarde would be used to someone's advantage. Good idea, except you would want some lookouts in a safe place with radios to let Rick know what is happening. He is assuming that Negan will be stuck in one place for a while, or even overrun. Without the fences, who knows how safe the old steel mill is? Doesn't look all that secure really. I've worked in old factories like that, and it is basically sheet metal on the sides. Negan seems to be holding back though...I still say he is former military and has some serious hardware, at least for the zombie apocalypse.

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX
Aha I called it that Holly wasn't going to betray the group! If Negan doesn't outright kill her, which I don't think he will do, I think we might finally see the process in how Negan creates a wife. I think Holly being taken as a captive does more for the story than outright killing her...think of the possibilities between her and Dwight.

Speaking of Dwight, had he actually listened to Negan it would have probably caused more harm by sending troops to the outposts rather than keeping them near the Sanctuary. If Negan is smart, he is going to realize that Dwight ignored his request although in this instance it worked out.

This issue also shows the growing attachment between Ezekiel and Michonne, which I predict is going to end badly, and the fact that Rick STILL won't reveal his plan to everyone. Taking a page from TV version Governor, using the walker defense of Sanctuary against them was smart. But sInce the Saviors are reknowned zombie killers, it shouldn't take them long to take the fight back to the communities.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA
I enjoyed it, even though it felt so short.
Excited for the next issue.
Wasn't sure how Holly was going to factor in before reading, I liked that she took it into her own hands, she couldn't just let Rick do that.
He'd have more a chance at surviving than her I think, but you can't risk Rick.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
The issue was definitely quick and I'm glad Holly was offering her life so Rick didn't have to go. That was pretty brutal of her crashing that truck head on through the fence. It will definitely slow the Saviors down for a while, but I can't imagine they'll have too much trouble cleaning up the mess. I mean a smaller group at ASZ took out a huge horde. The large attack force that is the Saviors, who presumably have secondary backup defenses in Sanctuary incase the fence/roamer field fails would have a much easier time I would think. This makes sense in one of the future issues... 119 or 120 where it says "The War Comes Home" or whatever. I'm sure Negan will be gathering all of his manpower and firepower to attack ASZ with unrelenting force. Definitely interested to see what happened to Holly and any interaction with Dwight. Hopefully Negan doesn't wise up to Dwights betrayl too soon, I want to see some interesting twists and development since we haven't actually seen the two-faced sonofabitch in a while.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Interesting note from Kirkman in letter hacks. More Father Gabe action soon... unless he dies. trollolol

greatbignow

greatbignow

Infected

• Members

So ricks big plan was to sacrifice himself during the start of the war? Seems an odd thing to do, especially after Jesus's pep talk. Maybe he's tired of being the leader again, ready to head back out onto the open road or get lucielled...not sure which?

Did seem kind of odd. Even if Negan wouldn't kill him, I think it is downright ludicrous for Rick to give up like that. At that point, I would be even more cautious with under estimating Negan, as it seems he has done again and again. Why not ram the fence and back out? No reason for even Holly to wreck into the building and get taken. Fences are much easier to take out than walls, lol.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Definitely true. Holly's decision was rash and not thought out since Rick didn't let anybody know what he was planning. She could have easily taken out the fence, backed out and regrouped with the other, with some minor difficulty. Negan may have tried to take a shot at her, but he might have been more concerned about the incoming horde. And it seemed like any of the Savior Snipers had ceased fire, so she had a really good chance to escaping. But oh well, I think her getting caught will make for some interesting new developments.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Agreed it felt very short.
I was happy with the art.
I'm looking forward to seeing what negan will do with holly, it felt very upfront having her suddenly wanting to take ricks position.
Luckily only 2 weeks away.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

daltonwb25

daltonwb25

S-mart Employee

• Members
So is Gregory dead...or what? Seemed like Negan threw him off the platform they were on but I'm not sure.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Aren't they colluding with dwight? I'm going to guess dwight would have helped rick escape if he had been caught. Still, that's an awfully risky move.

Glad we only have to wait two weeks!

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

daltonwb25

daltonwb25

S-mart Employee

• Members
Ok never mind I just saw 118's cover with Gregory on it. Just seemed a bit odd that it looked like Negan tossed him off some elevated platform. Good issue. Went by way too fast. Left me really excited for 117.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Wish we could have seen some build up of Holly's inner struggles with Abraham's death before her rash decision to take Rick's spot.

However, right as she was about to die, someone shot the zombie. It could have been a stray bullet or someone was deliberately saving her? Maybe it was Negan himself, he wants to torture her.

Glad things are finally starting to come together, though this was a super short issue. I hope all the issues during this arc aren't this short. I'd feel so gipped.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I am so glad that I didn't read the preview!!

When Holly kneed Rick and drove the truck through the fence, part of me was like, "Nooooo!!!" because I just want to go on disliking the character. I'm sure it will be near impossible for me to do so, with whatever unpleasantness is headed her way.

Also, was that Kal that was among those Hilltoppers that bailed?! :mad2:

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Wish we could have seen some build up of Holly's inner struggles with Abraham's death before her rash decision to take Rick's spot.

However, right as she was about to die, someone shot the zombie. It could have been a stray bullet or someone was deliberately saving her? Maybe it was Negan himself, he wants to torture her.

Glad things are finally starting to come together, though this was a super short issue. I hope all the issues during this arc aren't this short. I'd feel so gipped.

Negan used lucy to kill the zombie that was going to kill Holly........

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
That was so short!

Anyway, glad they kept Holly alive because I think All Out War will not only be a huge climax but development for all of these underdeveloped characters and I think Holly has a lot of potential.

Glad the next one is coming in two weeks but I'm wondering if it would've been better to release one forty page issue a month

Did Dwight betray the group? I must've missed that.

And a big upvote to the first person to post Letter Hacks

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Abrams

Abrams

Infected

• Members

And a big laugh to all those people who were thinking Holly was betraying Rick! Quiet the opposit here haha.. And based on next issues cover she'll have a tough time with the Saviors...

the saviors are going to be quit busy for awhile with all those walkers streaming in! it might be a reprieve for Holly for a while \until they get the dead under control. maybe Dwight can help her escape..... so far Dwight hasn't done anything!

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

That was so short!

Anyway, glad they kept Holly alive because I think All Out War will not only be a huge climax but development for all of these underdeveloped characters and I think Holly has a lot of potential.

Glad the next one is coming in two weeks but I'm wondering if it would've been better to release one forty page issue a month

Did Dwight betray the group? I must've missed that.

And a big upvote to the first person to post Letter Hacks

I think it is still unclear what exactly Dwight is up to. I'm not sure he even had enough time not to send word to the outposts before the herd came rolling in, even though people have made mention of it.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!